Accepted Lighty's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighty

Your Name and/or Nickname
UηƘη0ωƝ or Lighty

Your Age

20 (18. March 1995)

Who gave you permission to apply?

N/A

Your Steam2 ID

STEAM_0:1:89139018

Online Times & Time Zones

I'm generally online from 4 PM to 11 PM on work days, 12 AM to 11 PM on weekends; CET|GMT+1.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I wish to apply for Dodgeball (Panda #04) and Dodgeball 2 (Panda #19) servers, I usually play on them. I can visit a broader range or servers in case of a report with no problem.

Do you have a microphone?

Yes, although I don’t use it much unless needed.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I was an admin on a GMod server until the server was shut down by the owner.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I know the basic commands but I learn newer commands fairly quickly.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I love to help other people out when there’s a problem. There aren’t many admins around so I would love to help the community and stop the rule breakers that make the game hard to play everyday. I am generally a well known person (despite my name UηƘη0ωƝ) on the dodgeball servers and a fun person to play with, though competitive and skilled to help a weaker team. I am strict but fair and want to keep the server enjoyable to play on.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Blocking will result in a slay and will inform the player not to repeat.

Stealing first a warning then a slay.

If the player has been warned 3 times they will be kicked,
If the player comes back and continues stealing/blocking, it will result in 30 min ban. Ban times extend if player comes back and continues to steal/block.

Team killing will result in a kick.

Hacking/Cheating will be recorded as a demo and will be perm. banned.

Chat/voice spam, foreign language, racism or insulting will first be warned then 30 minute gag/mute, gags/mutes will be extended if it continues.

Stealing is only allowed if it's not yours and is gonna kill you, but does not count for jumping and walking towards rockets.

If I missed out any important information just ask.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Cryptic and plEase
I'll comment here about what I think.
The application is shortish but it's satisfactory. The problem with the applicant is that of their attitude displayed on the server (Especially on dodgeball 2) and also you don't really know any of the admins so your polices are a little short lived.

Since of the things I've mentioned above, you're not far off but because you've only just joined onto the forums (Well, in activity terms) and not really seen any admins in action it's going to be harder to get votes. But your chat gives the negative vibe. I personally don't think saying 'stop stealing noob', 'then you suck' and 'shit abuse' is something that an admin should be saying. I like to see admin behaviors before rather than the person going 'I promise I'll improve my behaviour when I become admin'.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lighty and XenoX
Understood, I wasn't expecting too much since I'm not that active on the forums, if I won't get good votes I may as well try when I've been more active on the forums and have further improved my behaviour. But the 'shit abuse' was part of the joke that a guy on voice chat was saying 'I hit that shit!' when the rocket didn't deflect.

• Useful
Reactions: Maxim and Lighty
Reactions: Kevin
I don't think that I have the permissions to like 'vote' for the app but I'd say that this is an overall solid - good application.
Deep

Reactions: Lighty
Alright, so upon examination I've found you've had 1 ban, and one comm block, both of which happened last year, so that's a good sign that you've learned since then.

Your chatlog shows that you've been taking the initiative and telling people not to break rules, and I'm pretty sure I've spectated a few matches where you did that as well.

Your rules and punishments look alright, and I like that you added your own rule for stealing; I know that each USA DB Admin has their own little spin to the rules of what can and what cannot be considered stealing in their eyes, so it's good that you included what yours was ahead of time. ^^

I'll give you a +1 for now. Keep up the good work, and good luck on your application.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty and Deep
just letting you know that your app is under review.

Reactions: Maxim
accepted, welcome to the fluffy side of this creepy world :p
your mentor during your trial phase will be @DeadSworn , should you have any questions feel free to ask anyone of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread