Lenny removal rule - suggestion (1 Viewer)

You want lennies to be banned from the community?

• Yes

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Yea I guess I should make a suggestion for this, Most players (In an other word the players can be recalled as admins) complain about it how they hate it and even punish people for it and hide it under the reason "spam" which in MOST situations isn't the case. (not saying people don't spam it but in most situations the punishments are uncalled for)

So I'm making the suggestion that players aren't allowed to use lennies anymore in any of the panda servers, if I can't make this suggestion then the people that are complaining should live with it and shouldn't punish the players with reason "spam" if it isn't.

(Added a poll to see what people think about it)

I'm voting "No" because you simply can't stop the lennies. Yes, they are completely useless as a piece of text, but they simply cannot be stopped.

To ban a simple phrase would simply make people do it more. While we can punish them whenever it happens should the rule be passed, it will just increase further and further. It is a meme face, it is very much embedded into the stupidity of the internet, and most people use it.

People should stop being so unoriginal and start posting some more original sht >.>

A banned meme will bring about the age of a new one, it will always repeat itself. Banning it here will only cause a new one to appear.

A banned meme will bring about the age of a new one, it will always repeat itself. Banning it here will only cause a new one to appear.
Atleast it is something new instead of this overused stuff XD

Just saying I don't hate the lennies myself, I just suggest this so the crying and moaning about the lenny faces can stop

Lets ban all emoticons ,,,
We had several discussions about this. If we "ban" lenny users, we probably lost 30% players, maybe more who knows.. What we do with others, who spam other emoticons, which are similar with lenny faces? Lets check dodgeball chatlogs,,,, a lot of different emoticons, what we do with them, ban players who uses them?

You guys should stop caring about lenny faces, is just harmless emoticon.

• Winner
Reactions: mosteraz
I agree with not caring about the lennies, but banning all emoticons is just pointless.

• Agree
Reactions: metsän henki
Yea I guess I should make a suggestion for this, Most players (In an other word the players can be recalled as admins) complain about it how they hate it and even punish people for it and hide it under the reason "spam" which in MOST situations isn't the case. (not saying people don't spam it but in most situations the punishments are uncalled for)

So I'm making the suggestion that players aren't allowed to use lennies anymore in any of the panda servers, if I can't make this suggestion then the people that are complaining should live with it and shouldn't punish the players with reason "spam" if it isn't.

(Added a poll to see what people think about it)
if you punish all of those people then, sure lol.
though thats a pointless vote since you would be better off with disabling the whole chat ingame rather than "banning"< lennys. -> unless someone doesnt spam it excessively its fine posting it.

1430584740426.gif

1430584740426.gif

1430584740426.gif

1430584740426.gif

Then again a lenny is seen as a meme not a emoticon

Then would you mind telling Fennie to cool it with the "lenny spam" gags. She gagged a player for posting 4 lennies in 20 minutes. @Kevin

https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=+STEAM_0:1:93568736++&Submit=Search
https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/2136997
well, there will be some new rule work inc on the staff page which should prevent that.
>The block for 'Preziooo/ChopakKlaudii' (STEAM_0:1:93568736) has been deleted from SourceBans

Thank you, I will keep an eye out for it.

Unique server rules are a huge turn-off for any new player, and are borderline impossible to enforce without constant supervision or being forced to read through pages of reports every day. Imagine how many random people will join and post lennies for the first time in the server, just to immediately be shut down by a dozen self-appointed 'rule-enforcing' juveniles who are butthurt for not being allowed to post their own lennies. It will be the new spam.

One example I have regarding unique server rules is at a low-gravity orange server where bodyshots with snipers deal no damage. A dumb plugin in itself, and it doesn't apply to the Syndey Sleeper, for obvious reasons. This means that every time you join the server and equip it, people go mental. The 'inhabitants' (this is the only word for these animals) of the server so utterly desire to have some sort of authority that they'll try to shittalk you out of the server until an admin arrives, in which case you'll finally get kicked. They'll then dance a circlejerking zorba of sweaty happiness. Don't make the panda community like this.

In addition, like someone said, it simply turns into a troll magnet. Also, how can you call an admin without sounding like a little bitch? "Mommy, billy posted a lenny face again, waah wahh."

How is this even a question? You can't ban memes... I don't even know how is there a vote about this, I mean I know that some people use lenny way too much, but the same rules apply to lenny spammers as to others. So they will get gagged for spamming in chat. There is no point of banning something like that, since there already is a rule to deal with the question, and that rule is: "No spamming in voice chat/normal chat"

• Agree
Reactions: Conge and DeadSworn
If you were to ban the Lenny "emoticon", you would have to demote me as an admin. I use the Lenny "spam" in context as something sarcastic, or dirty, however you look at it.

But I give you my round of applause to you for trying
kRp6z2w_700wa_0.gif

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to insult anyone with this post, however I am trying to make a point.

Reactions: mosteraz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread