Accepted Le Captain Pootis - Reinstatement Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellboy

Hey lads. I'm pretty sure most of you recognize me, and know how I suddenly went inactive without any notice. Firstly I apologize for that, because I started playing a lot of SA-MP again, and then I randomly wanted to play minecraft again (?). I should've left a note saying that I was about to go inactive, indeed, my bad.
Now, I couldn't really find anything about reinstatement, so I just made an entirely new application. (Feel free to guide me in the comments though, if there is anything about it)

- Your name and/or nickname: Le Captain Pootis, nickname is Andreas.

- Your age: 15, turning 16 in March.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread): None

- Your Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:1:51181286

- Your general online times and your timezone: Mostly 16:00 - 21:00 every day. My timezone is GMT +1

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report? I usually play on Saxton Hale, frequently Jailbreak, a little Dodgeball & Mario Kart.

- Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator: I was admin here, from about June or July 2014 until last month, where I got fired because of inactivity.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod? Yes.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team? Because I'm a mature person, my English is very reasonable, I have proven to you, that I am worth having in your team. I am good at handling stressful situations, and I rarely (if ever) write with purely capslock. Also, I am an active person (I used to be haha, might be returning to full time again). I'm very concious about my decisions, and I only take action when I feel like it's needed. I'm also a very polite and friendly person, and I'm good at socializing with other people on the servers.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments. (Is copy-pasting my own application allowed, if so: I'll try to be as fair as possible, and handle out minimum amount of punishments. I'll be gentle when it comes to handing out punishments, as I'd most likely verbally warn people first. I'll always reconsider my decisions before doing it, and make sure it's the right thing.
Punishments I would hand out in different cases
1) Mic spamming - First I would verbally warn, then a 30 minute mute, depending on if he have had any previous warnings.

2) Chat spamming - First I would verbally warn, then a gag for 30 minutes, once again depending on if he have had any previous warnings.

3) Hacking - Instant ban, no doubt. I would record it in-case he denies it on his ban appeal, though not for too long, as it's gaining him advantage over other players.

4) Insults - Depending if it's rough insults, otherwise just a regular gag/mute. If it's heavy insults it'd be an hour mute/gag. If it turns out to be in the extremes I would ban him for an hour.

5) Racism - As I know it's a sensetive topic, I'll be strict when it comes to this. It can offend a lot of people, therefor, first a 2 hour mute/gag, after then a 2 hour ban. If the mute/gag wasn't enough warning for the person, I believe a ban should be enforced.

6) Diseases - If the person's making fun of a disease, e.g: cancer, tumors etc, I would enforce an instant 30 minute mute/gag, after then a kick. I do not find that funny, and as it's a horrible disease, I would not tolerate it.

7) Camping - First I would slap the person to make him move. If he's not AFK, I would first verbally warn him, if he still refuses I believe a slay would be needed. If he continues, a kick is enforced. I believe camping isn't the worst rule you could break, yet annoying and I don't think a ban should be neccerssary.

8) Team/Freekilling - I would first of all, verbally warn the person. If he ignores my warning, I would slay him. If they continue after the warning, I believe an 1 hour ban should be enforced.))

Link to my previous application: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/le-captain-pootis-admin-application.1905/

You don't need this comment, you know, because I know you and you also were a perfect Admin, but here's your +1.
I think we can "forgive" you, but let's hope that what you did won't happen again :hoof:

Reactions: Hellboy
Thanks, you two ^_^, glad that you support me.

Welcome back than Pootis!

+1

I know how easy it is to get "distracted" in the good old games you played so I don't blame you. :)

Reactions: Hellboy
Actually no I retract this and give a very immovable Neutral.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hotsoup
If it doesn't happen again then I'll throw a +1 at you like a wet salmon at a fishmongers.

At least I'll make sure to leave an inactivity notice before I do so ;)

And thanks all.

Edited it for reasons I think someone else may be covering.

Reactions: Supreme
As a starting remark, we did not accept Pootis for nothing and I liked him. I have to say though that there were some silly mistakes that illustrated that Pootis had to learn. At some point, however, Pootis was simply promoted to full admin. I, as the only other full VSH admin at the time, did not know about it, nor gave any input that would have lead to this call. Perhaps other admins could shed some light on that, such as Danny.

This is not meant to downplay Pootis. I trust that he would have been up for that promotion anyways in due time. However, as I have mentioned I felt like Pootis was still in the learning process when I played with him and got to see him at work at the time he was promoted. Therefore, if he does get accepted, I would be more comfortable with him going through a (perhaps shortened) trial phase - unlike Raion for example, who skipped this and immediately became a full admin. This for the reason I have stated before; and because of the fact that he has been inactive for a long time; added to that the fact that with me as staff manager we are now more thoroughly looking at whether a person is really ready for a promotion.

And then we get to the most problematic part: getting accepted in the first place.

https://gameme.panda-community.com/search?q=STEAM_0:1:51181286&si=uniqueid&rc=all&x=39&y=10

That activity is something to cry about. It raises the question for me why he would apply now, when he only played today on Mariokart (not even a server where we need an admin), and before that not for some time.

Even with this support, he cannot be accepted until he shows more activity for a while. I emphasise that none of this is meant to downplay Pootis or as offensive criticism. I would definitely re-accept him, on the obvious condition that the activity increases.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hotsoup and Lukas
Indeed, I just started playing TF2 again today, because I suddenly felt interest in playing it in again. The reason why I have only been playing on Mario Kart, was because my littlebrother wanted me there.
And I would like to have that 'perhaps shortened' trial again, because yes, I have done some minor mistakes, which I probably shouldn't have done.

And Lucas, if you don't mind, could you at least give me an explanation why you removed the support? Just curious.

Edited it for reasons I think someone else may be covering.

What Evo said, I brought it up in Mumble.

Even then, coming back and applying for a community and the only reason you have actually been active on it recently is because of your little brother is concerning in the least.

I remember you being a nice fella, but I have no idea what's going on. But glad you back though. My vote is +1 as long as you actually use the inactivity thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Redspike
it was a bit lame that you didnt even answered me multiple times.

I would do the same. Nobody likes you fatty.

Idk why I didn't do that, that was a little stupid indeed, sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
+1

Your playtime and activity on VSH is very good right now.
You have 97% activity and you have played on the server for ~8 hours the last 3 days.

I don't think that I have ever played with you but from your posts on the forum you seem to be a mature and a nice person, your app is also clean and well made.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread