Accepted LDW115 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDW115

SourceBans Ban URL: Hasn't updated yet (I will post down below tomorrow if this is still up and it updates by then)
Name of your Banned Steam Account: LDW115
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:77143553
Date and Time of the Ban: 10/10/18 at about 1:30 pm eastern, SourceBans hasn't updated as of 5 pm eastern
Reason about the Ban: Freekill
Admin that Banned you: Zero with Magglet as a witness
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
Ok here we go.

I was banned after killing one red. The reds were ordered to afk freeze in a group on the green line on ml castle. The red was not touching any of the other reds and was like half a person away from everyone else. As a result of his position, slightly away from the group, I killed him. Soon after Zero and Magglet started to question whether he was freekilled. They decided he was so I immediately slayed myself without their request and they respawned him. I was then guard banned for two hours.

I could really care less about the two hours, and they will likely be over by the time anyone reads this. What I do care about is the mark on my record. I have been warned about things by zero before. I joined the server a few days ago and was almost immediately warned by zero about blu vandalism and rewardening. He told me to go red for a bit and read the rules so I did. Later on he would warn me about freehitting (ie airblasting and jarate) and I would correct these behaviors. To my knowledge/remembrance, zero had never warned me for freekill, I may have slayed myself for an accidental freekill or two when he was on, but I have yet to be asked to do so. While I say I am new and this may seem like a lot of warnings for a few days, the first 2 were probably within the first 2 hours and the freehit the first 6 hours. I now have 32 hours on the server. I am not sure that Zero had staff powers at the time of the warnings as I think he got them today and none of his warnings were from today.

I talked with zero over steam chat after the ban he said two things that matter. 1. that in all likelihood he will just deny this ban appeal and that will be that. While I know that this is probably what will happen, I still feel the need to just appeal so I don't regret later not trying.

*Zero is an awesome dude and we both understand that this appeal and the ban are not personal. I don't want any drama! lol.

2. That Magglet was the one that actually saw the whole thing go down and zero just sorta saw it.
IDK, the way I feel about this situation is this: Was I probably a little bit TOO nit picky? Yes. However, I think that the kill was enough of a grey area that it did not warrant a ban.

Finally, I just want to reiterate that I could care less about the ban TIME, I just am not thrilled about the staff embargo for one and a half months that would come with it is all.

• Friendly
Reactions: ChipZ
@ZeroPC and I guess @Magglet

Also are there any videos or demos of this that might help.

• Friendly
Reactions: LDW115
Your guard ban has already expired.

And in any case, I wouldn't have accepted this anyway. It's true that you are a fairly new player so I can understand you may not be accustomed to Panda Community Jailbreak rules at first, but that is why I gave you multiple warnings and explained the rules to you as best as I could over and over again.

In a sense; No, I didn't directly warn you as in "Do not freekill" however, since you have seen me warn other players for freekilling before and since I have warned you for freehitting/baiting/teamkilling/and afk on blue multiple times previously (I talked about how this could lead to freekilling which was my warning in case you don't remember that), this shouldn't be an excuse. As I stated, I gave you multiple warnings in general as you progressed on building your knowledge of the rules so going through your first guard ban shouldn't have been too much.

If this can be closed since the ban has already expired, that would be great.

Thank you for making the appeal ::):

If this can be closed since the ban has already expired, that would be great.
I just want to reiterate that:
I could really care less about the two hours, and they will likely be over by the time anyone reads this. What I do care about is the mark on my record.

I'm not seeing anything on sourcebans, if guard bans dont count as sourcebans, this can be closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread