Declined Klay's Admin Application for #4 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

klay

Your name and/or nickname
My in-game nick is klay.

Your age

Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
I am qualified to apply without permission.

Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:1:18211643

Your general online times and your timezone
Time zone is CEST. My online time varies a lot, but since I am a developer, I spend most of my free time (and part of my non-free time) in front of a computer. I generally play TF2 daily after 22:00 and usually stop before 24:00, but I do occasionally hop on during the day too.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
#04 Dodgeball. If necessary I can respond to calls from #19 or other servers (except the ones of which I am unfamiliar with the rules).

Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
No. Unfortunately I am not planning on getting one.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I used to be admin on Lethal-Zone servers (VSH1, VSH2 and FF2 to be exact, though only one of three runs today) for a few years. It was ages ago, I do not remember how long I was admin for exactly. I left the community due to inactivity.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Yes, I remember the basics. But I will probably need to refresh my knowledge.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
If you read through my chat log, you might think that I am childish. That is because I try to create and maintain a fun atmosphere in which other players can relax and enjoy themselves. Most of the time I "goof" around with my friends without disrupting others but if the situation deems it necessary I can take things very seriously. I am known by most of the recent regulars on the server and I can easily make friends with other players.

The dodgeball server is one of those servers on which the calls don't get answered that often. Players break the rules on the server almost non-stop when there is no admin available. I would like to help and improve on that.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
In no particular order:
  • Stealing: Instant slay (unless the player clearly did it to avoid death). Kick after multiple slays.
  • Blocking: Warn first, slay if blocking resulted in another players death (unless clearly unintentional). Kick after multiple warnings/slays.
  • Spamming (chat and voice, includes foreign language): Warnings first. Gag/mute if warnings are ignore. Duration depends on the severity of the spam (I don't usually consider memes, kaomojis or lennies spam unless they are flooding the chat and disrupting the conversation of others).
  • Hacking: Permanent ban after recording a demo (if I won't have perm. ban rights, I will contact an admin who does).
  • Aggressive behavior towards others and excessive swearing: Similar to spamming, but will result in longer gags/mutes.
  • Team-killing: Instant kick unless clearly unintentional.
  • Inappropriate content: Tell the player to change/remove the content immediately. Kick if ignored.
  • Admin impersonation, obstruction, !call abuse: Heavily warn the player to stop, ban if the player does not stop.
Of course punishments can quickly elevate to bans if the player has already been punished for the same actions multiple times.

Reactions: Danny
You're one of the most well known players in #4 Dodgeball wich is good of course. You said the truth when saying that you make friends easily and you're always making a fun atmosphere. You know how to behave properly and that helps because the admin position is something that players look up to. All you need is a slightly better chatlog (More enforcing the rules; Less "xD/°O°" and you're good to go.
Best of luck, bestie! :rarebutterfly:

• Dislike
Reactions: JamesWilson
I've seen you multiple times on #04 and I can say that you're a friendly player based off what I've seen in-game.

Your application seems well done but for the punishments, most admins usually go with 3 slays and ban. And any spam/abusive behavior will become a two hour mute/gag.

You do have required playtime: 6 days 19:19:04 hours

https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/2114669

I understand by what you mean when you say a fun atmosphere for players. I do goof around too, but as long as you can get the job done and not act like a five year old, then I think you're good. I also recommend using less of "°O°" or any other face.

I would like to see Klay on our admin team, therefore I Support!

Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Deep
So I went on my late night stalker mode to find out who exactly this guy was and he signed up to Lethal Zone in 2011 when he was 17, not sure when he became admin as I believe their admin process is silent and his behavior on those forums where pretty good. I also checked for any sourcebans on other servers and he's pretty much clean from what I could gather.

His old name is 'Repulsion Gel' ; https://lethal.zone/members/repulsion-gel.369/

Seem like a nice guy. Your chat log isn't that bad, and I'm not sure if I've played with you yet? I think I might of, but not enough to notice you enough. Application is good, you seem to have an obsession with kicking xD

Overall I wish you good luck and I'd also like to hear @Lighty 's opinion on this applicant. If I find myself being able to familiarize myself with you on the server then I'll place my vote.

I agree with everybody. I'll try and improve on my chat log and adjust my policies accordingly.

I've seen you a few times, but we didn't get to know each other unfortunately :p. LZ used to have a public section just like this. Everything got archived probably. I can ask them when exactly I became admin and for how long if you want.

Reactions: Deep
I have seen you in-game a couple of times, your behavior seems to be alright and there isn't much spamming as there was before which is improvement. You tend to stay silent a lot but you do enforce the rules, from what I've seen over the past few days.

Your online time seem fine though could be longer, but will you be able to come online at any time of the day?

Because I don't see you on that much or just can't notice you and can't really decide if you fit the admin position, I'll keep my vote NEUTRAL for now.

Short review-swen coming through.
Application looks good, your chatlog is okish and your sessions are very good.
I haven't had the chance to see you in-game but perhaps that'll change soon.

Anyways +1

I would like to withdraw my application. Main reason is that I will be working 40 hours/week throughout the summer, which means a terrible online time.

Applicant has requested to withdraw the application. Declined.

Keep in mind if you would like to reapply, you will have to wait a month since the withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread