Declined Kids on Blu (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

megolotl

Donator
It's not really a big deal in my department, but I always see it happen over and over where the main culprits of many freekilling, freehitting, forced freedays, guard inactivity, and more being committed by children. These children also refuse to learn from their mistakes and continue to play on the round after freekilling or scream and cry over mic over how they didn't know or it was a mistake. It's a constant and continuous strain on the mass majority of players who are there simply to have a good time. Of course, not all children are like this, there are plenty of kids who join Blu who can actually play like a regular, normal person.

My proposition isn't a full on ban of children being on Blu, but moreso it being much more restrictive to get onto Blu for children. In a sense, I'm calling for a potential way to limit the amount of players (regulars and newbies) who can access Blu until they can prove they are mature enough to play on the team with perma crits and complete and total freedom over a team of restricted players. This comes from an instance of a round I played today on JB where the rules were fairly simple to understand (reds must jump and 360), and all the children on Blu continued to kill people randomly, nitpicking the order.

This isn't to be taken in all seriousness, and I fully understand the extreme nuance in considering something along the lines of adding a new restrictive measure for Blus, I just personally think that there is too much freedom for people who cannot handle having the power on Blu.

• Disagree
Reactions: Flynt and Valen
no

• Dumb
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
I'm not thinking anything about having to be of age, you just gotta prove your mature enough to be on blu

• Disagree
Reactions: Valen
Just report the people that freekill man or maybe you’re suggesting we should like add a minimum of playtime required before playing on blue?
I empathise with you but learn not to care and report and it’ll be much more bearable.

• Agree
Reactions: aphid and baby

I'll quote @Sin. here as it is exactly on point.

"I don't like this idea at all. JB is a gamemode that is bound to attract kids. A younger person on blu is bound to happen, why should we essentially block a big part of the community from participating on blu? your only "suggestion" here is that admins have to do more work and make sure that the people on blu are over the age of 12 , are chill, and do mic checks on EVERY new person on blu. If that isn't done properly, people will try to say admins are favoring. Considering there isn't a lot of active JB admins, i don't think this is a great idea and if it is accepted it might effect the server population in a negative way. Very little point in ostracizing a large part of the community like this :(. it isn't our business to know everyones age, lots of people are private about ages, no way to fact check them either.
i see what you're saying with this suggestion, but it's just not feasible. I think everyone gets a lil annoyed at blu team now and then, but taking it out on a big part of the JB population is not that way to go about it."

• Dumb
Reactions: bap!
I figured I am not the first nor only person with this complaint. I don't want to bar children from blus, I do not want to alienate children from the gamemode. I dont want people to go on a hunt to remove kids from blu or the gamemode. I feel like there should just be some extra hurdle instead of just letting any person just waltz on over and have total control over who lives or dies and who gets to enjoy the round and who doesn't. Even in a simple check of having to physically agree to the rules, forcing people to actually read and understand them in order to join blu.

I figured I am not the first nor only person with this complaint. I don't want to bar children from blus, I do not want to alienate children from the gamemode. I dont want people to go on a hunt to remove kids from blu or the gamemode. I feel like there should just be some extra hurdle instead of just letting any person just waltz on over and have total control over who lives or dies and who gets to enjoy the round and who doesn't. Even in a simple check of having to physically agree to the rules, forcing people to actually read and understand them in order to join blu.
ok enforce it

• Dumb
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
I seriously don't think you're reading the entire post. I agree there are fun, silly children who play. The issue lies in the fact that plenty will forego the rules completely and continue to ignore people letting them know about what the rules are or not going to the rules and reading them after multiple rounds of annoying people. You can only get so much report content (most of which isn't even enough to make a report on). I have no issue with children playing, I take issue to children playing and actively ignoring suggestions and comments to follow rules that continue to ruin round after round.

I seriously don't think you're reading the entire post. I agree there are fun, silly children who play. The issue lies in the fact that plenty will forego the rules completely and continue to ignore people letting them know about what the rules are or not going to the rules and reading them after multiple rounds of annoying people. You can only get so much report content (most of which isn't even enough to make a report on). I have no issue with children playing, I take issue to children playing and actively ignoring suggestions and comments to follow rules that continue to ruin round after round.
enforce it

That means nothing to me, there is nothing I can enforce. I hold no power, I hold no control.

No one is gonna be able to enforce it lol, this is not possible

Imagine being the admin that has to be on almost 24/7 just so you can enforce this kind of stuff.

I also don't get why your singling out children, there's no age limit on this kind of behavior, kids do it, teenagers do it, hell even adults do it.

Most kids are tolerable and the extreme ones usually get guardbanned cuz they can’t follow the rules, Useless suggestion

1643238206651.png

Normally I would leave polls like this open for a bit longer however the jb team is in no way interested in enforcing this and the poll is already heavily weighted towards against implementing this.

Declined

Reactions: megolotl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread