kick for excessive ping (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeprus

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
As the title may tell you I suggest a plugin that kicks players wich have a to high ping, maybe with a time restriction so you don't get kick instantly whenyour ping jumps up once. But as I had to experience today fighting someone (especially those jumpy scouts) who has a just high enough ping, in that case 170, is incredible frustrating since it's very hard to hit them.

No this is not fair. I live in the US and my ping spikes there sometimes, that is not fair to players outside Europe.

As the title may tell you I suggest a plugin that kicks players wich have a to high ping, maybe with a time restriction so you don't get kick instantly whenyour ping jumps up once. But as I had to experience today fighting someone (especially those jumpy scouts) who has a just high enough ping, in that case 170, is incredible frustrating since it's very hard to hit them.
i play with an ping of 150 lag-free (da1.panda-community.com or well said the DB USA server) so i dunno bout that

No this is not fair. I live in the US and my ping spikes there sometimes, that is not fair to players outside Europe.
Your average ping is 153, wich isn't the ping I ment, I was talking about 170 and above so you should be fine. :) Most servers wich run such plugins are going up to 200 ping.
i play with an ping of 150 lag-free (da1.panda-community.com or well said the DB USA server) so i dunno bout that
That's the problem I'm talking about, playing with a semi-high ping is completely fine but you're lagging a little for others, teleporting every once in a while, not much but enough to make aiming with hitscan frustrating. (I'm not talking about projectiles in this thread because it doesn't really influence them)

I have played on servers with such system before. Usually they don't kick you until you get 300+ ping or something close to that. And even then you get warned in the chat about it.

i usually kick all really really laggy players. its not nice to to kill teleporting scout, who is using baby face blaster. So that will be good plugin.

• Agree
Reactions: TEXASSTYLE
I hope this doesn't kick instantly.
My family likes to watch netflix often, thus my ping sometimes reaches the 180 for 2-3 seconds.

IMO, you should manually kick players who are actually skipping around. There could be players who have a ping of 200 but are playing smooth. I myself have a ping of 100ms, and I play really smooth. In CS, I play on servers that have 200~220ms ping for me, and some player with a ping of 45ms skips around, only kick the skipper.

Ping masks are pretty easy to come by and most of the time bypass these systems why manually kicking players is usually the better option.

• Agree
Reactions: RIS`
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread