Declined Ketteii's 3rd Admin Application. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandy

- Your name and/or nickname
Ketteii.

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
Not needed.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:1:5145510

- Your general online times and your timezone
EST. As I'm now in university, I'm not entirely comfortable with providing solid times that I'd be on. It also varies, depending on mood. At the moment,

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
NY Jailbreak. I would not be against helping out the EU server when needed. Lately, I've been playing a bit more Hightower, so I'd also be more than willing to help out there. I do not meet the 72 hours requirement though.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)
Yes.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
An in-depth history of my past experience as an administrator or moderator can be found on my first application, here. Since then, I've received global administrative perms across the community I mentioned there, TangoWorldWide. I do not use these perms often, as I dislike playing CS:GO, but I do occasionally hop onto their servers to help when needed. Received those perms in December of last year.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Yes, though it's been a while.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I've been here since mid 2017. I understand the gamemode in and out - I've been playing Jailbreak since late 2012. I understand the rules very well, far more than the average player. Sometimes it's simply because I like to be creative with my rounds, sometimes it's because I need to advise regulars on what to do in situations. The server is more actively staffed than in the past, but it still does have issues with toxic people frequenting. Another pair of hands can't be a detriment.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
In general, I try to provide individuals with at least one or two warnings before issuing punishments. Additionally, a large portion of (free)kills do need explanations afterwards, and I would certainly try and provide clarity to those slain/respawned in those instances.

In general, I would prefer to give light punishments, in order to give whoever is being punished a sort of time out, rather than full punishment. For example, first punishment being 12 hours for chat spam, too me, feels a bit extreme. In certain instances, of course it's justified, but others time it might not be. I would much rather give a punishment that serves as a second or third warning as opposed to a full blown 'see ya tomorrow nerd.'

The below assumes that I've given whatever warnings and/or discussions the instance may call for. The majority of this has been taken from my second application; I see no reason to change it. Changes are marked with an asterisk(*).

- Offensive behavior (being toxic / racist).

Gag or mute for 480 minutes.
Gag or mute for 720 minutes.
Gag or mute for 1440 minutes.
Gag or mute for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

If they've got an offensive name, usually a warning is enough to handle it.

If not:
Kick.
Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.*

- Communications spam.

Gag or mute for 10080 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Non-English speaking.
Gag or mute for 240 minutes.

Usually their continued non-English speaking is literally out of confusion or lack of comprehension. I don't feel a permanent punishment for an EU-based server's English-only rule would really fit.

- Ghosting.
Going to add a bit of an explanation to these, as they're usually the same sort of thing.

Warn when suspected of ghosting w/ friends. (Hey, I have reason to suspect that you're ghosting. If you are, please stop, as it ruins the game for other players.) (This is before I've confirmed that they're ghosting, just a friendly message saying to chill.)
Ban for 720 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 10080 minutes.
Ban permanently.

However, on Jailbreak, keep in mind a LOT of people do ghost. 90% of the time, a warning is enough to tell them to stop. In those instances where individuals do not listen, I would issue a 120 minute gag/mute initially, simply so people aren't constantly doing it. This goes back to my 'here's a warning-punishment' approach.

- Hacking.

Ban for 10080 minutes and inform higher-up. I believe this is the longest that I would be able to issue as a trial, though I may be wrong.
^ leads into a permanent ban.

- Real-life threatening.
For obvious not-jokes.

Stern warning.
Gag or mute for 2880 minutes.*
Gag or mute for 10080 minutes. (At this point, this is an individual we most likely don't want on the server communicating.)
Gag or mute permanently.

- Begging.

Warn.
Gag or mute for 120 minutes.
Gag or mute for 480 minutes. (Stressing the next punishment time is crucial here, they should hopefully never get past this point.)
Gag or mute for 10080 minutes. (At this point, they simply refuse to listen.)*
Gag or mute permanently. (I do not feel a permanent should morally be issued here, but they can always appeal.)

- Advertising.

Warn.
Gag or mute for 480 minutes.*
Gag or mute for 4320 minutes.
Gag or mute permanently.

- Impersonation (/ Advertising via name)

Kick.
Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 2880 minutes.
Ban for 4320 minutes.
Ban permanently.

- Call abuse.

Kick.
Ban for 240 minutes.
Ban for 480 minutes.
Ban for 1440 minutes.
Ban for 4320 minutes.
Ban permanently.

At the time of writing my previous application, I was not aware that guard-bans only considered time alive spent on server. With this in mind, several of my initial punishments have been halved. Again, marked with an asterisk (*).
- No microphone on BLU team.

Guard ban for 1440 minutes.*
Guard ban permanently. (If they don't have a mic by this point, they can make an appeal.)

- Unclear microphone usage on BLU.
Generally static mics, or mics where they're quiet. Or even mics where they're just not there, let's say muted. Other such instances. This would typically by within the first 20 seconds of the round.

Guard ban for 360 minutes.*
Guard ban for 720 minutes.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes.
Guard ban for 2880 minutes.
Guard ban for 10080 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Continual Baiting (to the point of encouraging REDs to rebel).*

Slay w/ a severe warning.
Guard ban for 120 minutes.
Guard ban for 360 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Freehitting.

Usually, freehitting is done with friends, so an admin coming on over and saying "Stop freehitting!" and ruining that camaraderie isn't really appreciated. However, they do have to accept the server rules. A balance of leniency and maintaining server rules is crucial in such situations. If it's true freehitting, then normal procedure.

Note, airblasting is different from typical freehitting - the intent is important. Sometimes people airblast simply to help slower people get where they need to go. This would call for a more lenient action, while stricter action would be warranted for true freehitting or disruption.

Slay.
Guard ban for 180 minutes.
Guard ban for 480 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Unintentional Freekill.
This should be done on a case-by-case basis, and as such, is difficult to put down within a clear structure.*

Warn & respawn.
Slay & respawn.
Guard ban for 180 & respawn.

If it continues past that, it's no longer unintentional, and is clearly intentional. Would continue under normal freekilling procedures.

- Freekill.

Slay & respawn. (Note, I'm not sure if respawn would be preferred here, but hey.)
Guard ban permanently.

- Mass freekill.

Guard ban for 720 minutes & mass respawn to restart the round. Again, situational.*
Guard ban for 2880 minutes & mass respawn.
Guard ban for 10080 minutes & mass respawn.
Guard ban permanently & mass respawn.

- Teamkill.

Slay & respawn slain teammate.*
Guard ban for 240 minutes & respawn.*
Guard ban for 480 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban for 1440 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban for 5760 minutes & respawn.
Guard ban permanently.

- Favoritism.

Stern warning.
Slay.
Guard ban for 120 minutes.*
Guard ban for 360minutes.*

Only in extreme circumstances should it be a permanent guard ban - should *never* happen.

- Round sabotage.

Slay with a stern warning.
Guard ban for 5760 minutes.
Permanent guard ban.

Shouldn't ever go past the 2880 punishment, realistically. That's a LONG time off of BLU.*

- Warning failing.
This constitutes as being a warden and being any of the following (and more, but they aren't fresh in my head):

A continually disconnecting (and rejoining) BLU, to avoid being warden.*

A continually slaying warden, to cause failrounds.*

Guard ban permanently.

A force-warden into fail-round warden (very rare, but it's happened).

Guard ban permanently.

Illegal FF or Other.

Slay with a stern warning and explanation, respawn any slain.*
Guard ban for 240 minutes.
Guard ban permanently.

- Bodyblocking.

Warn.
Slay.

- SourceBans:
Two bans that I know of, found here.
No comms that I know of, click here.
I recently received a guard ban, and appealed it. Click here.

Feel free to @me with responses, I will do my best to address concerns.

Last edited:
Hello,

Very well known member in the server, knows the rules, enforces the rules, helps out explaining the rules when people are confused, clean chatlog as far as ive seen and in general very neat application/easy to read.

Only thing I can "take" you on is the sessions, but I feel that's nitpicking aswell as you will probably play more now as you apply for the server.

Been some issues with the team, including me. However, I will stay objective and give you this +1 as you would fit.

Good luck!

Not giving +1 or -1 just yet wanted to quickly mention a few things
1) You wrote ban for Ghosting time amounts I’m assuming you meant gag or mute but you don’t ban someone for ghosting (unless I guess they change their name to ghost)
2) I do like the idea of warning punishments that are smaller, or just, basically starting your first punishments with something less than 720.
3) I like how you explained many of the scenarios in your punishments lists
4) since yes, guardbans aa time spent alive, having 10080 min or one week is still a rediculous amount of time when you think about it. That’s why for the most part we agreed on 3 punishments before perm, with the 3rd being 720 min.

You’re obviously an extremely knowledgeable person with a good eye and smart head, able to read into situations and be very analytical. The only worry I have is that sometimes it seems like you cause a tiny bit of confusion when you try and spice up a round and that’s just an inherent risk of creating new custom games. Also at times it seemed like you semi-not picked the rules but for the most part I haven’t seen you do any of that recently. Will most likely +1 in the future but again, not giving my vote immediately, just wanted to make some small pointers.

1) You wrote ban for Ghosting time amounts I’m assuming you meant gag or mute but you don’t ban someone for ghosting (unless I guess they change their name to ghost)
2) I do like the idea of warning punishments that are smaller, or just, basically starting your first punishments with something less than 720.
3) I like how you explained many of the scenarios in your punishments lists
4) since yes, guardbans aa time spent alive, having 10080 min or one week is still a rediculous amount of time when you think about it. That’s why for the most part we agreed on 3 punishments before perm, with the 3rd being 720 min.

Just wanted to clarify.

For the ghosting bit, this is an instance where they are ghosting off of server - for example, you and I are in a Discord call, ghosting. Issuing gags/mutes accomplishes nothing in these instances.
In instances of typical JB ghosting, "he's in main cells!!!," I would likely issue a 120 mute initially, then probably double it up the scale.

On the last point, that's good information to know. Did not know at the time of writing the app.

I know i'm not an admin but I would still like to give my opinion on things

you are the best candidate to apply atm you know the rules better than the admins themselves
(no hate admins). I also love how memey you are and one of the admins that can take a joke and not get offended or feel like they should mute/ gag.

Good luck on the app!

• Disagree
Reactions: PNN
Hello Ketteii.

I've known you for quite some time now (ever since I joined the community). You've been on and off here and there, but it seems like you've come back for now. I've seen you recently on the server quite a bit. You seem generally friendly and I don't really see you be toxic or insult (worst I've probably seen is some light indirect roasting). You also seem knowledgeable about the rules and that is definitely seems like a plus.

However, I'd like to observe you a little bit longer before I say my final vote on this just to be certain you'll fit the bill. Few things I recommend is to warn rule breakers more often. The last one I remember is one for spamming, can't remember anything past that. Another thing is to speak up on mic when giving orders as you sometimes are pretty quiet.

Keep those in mind, I'll watch you until I feel like I'm ready to say a final vote here. Good luck. ::):

Last edited:
Reactions: Dandy
All I can say honestly is that based on the recent report which was very thoroughly looked at and my own thoughts on how he treated that difficult lr, in addition to his overall attitude activity and rule enforcing on the server, that he deserves a shot. I do kind of wish he enforced rules a bit more or reported people as well on the forums.
Still, there really isn’t much negative things to say about him, so +1 from me. I do trust and believe in him to help the server, and to be a helpful asset to the jb team.

• Disagree
Reactions: TWC
Sorry for my late response I don’t really have much to say that hasn’t been said already so I give you my basic thoughts

Pros:
Pretty chill
Knows the rules
Longtime player

Cons:
Some nitpicking of the rules but eh don’t we all do that sometimes

Overall the pros outweigh the con so I give a

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread