Declined Joe's Gameserver App (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Hi! Im going to make an admin application. :D

- Your name and/or nickname
Steam: Just call me Joe
IRL name is: Joe

- Your age
I am 14 years old and turn 15 in January the 14th
I have permission from EvoWarrior to make an application for gameserver admin.

- Your Steam2 ID
STEAM_0:0:42025989

- Your general online times and your timezone
Eastern Pacific Time/Central time Eastern US
Monday: 3:00-6:00 PM
Tuesday: 3:00-4:00 5:00-6:00 PM
Wensday: 3:00-6:00 PM
Thursday: 3:00-6:00 PM
Friday: 3:00-9:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00-8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:00-6:00 PM
*These hours may change if I have schoolwork family issue or personal things come up.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I really go on variety of servers like: Randomizer, 2fort, Deathrun, Freak Fortress.
My main server will be Class Warefare is my most played server with around 17-18 hours played at the moment and sure to increase throught the time being. I also have around over 10 hours on many other servers including 2fort and deathrun. I also have about 5 hours in Freak fortress playing with my good friend Ben.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I love using my microphone very social guy who just loves talking to people and making them laugh. I also like to enjoy the moment and to also have a fun time while playing video games. (love making friends) :)

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I was an Admin on a old Minecraft server that is gone from awhile ago. Also was a moderator on a popular GMOD server. I was a Mod on a local Team fortress 2 clan that I really did enjoyed. I did enjoy these jobs and they taught me alot about how it is to be a true admin and how to manage power while having fun and enforcing rules. I think the number one thing to focus on as an admin is to have fun while kindly enfocing rules fairly and responsively.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Yes, I know a good amount of commands like the admin panel where you can see all the commands if I need I can pull a guide I have from older communities. The commands included the admin panel how to record a demo to file a report with the ban. How to kick and how long the ban should be, and in other cases the commands show you how to gag and mute a person for mic spamming etc. These commands will teach me alot more experience on how to be a very successful and helpful admin in my time here.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I have a unique timezone as I live in the USA; meaning kinda of a late night admin and evening admin. I love seeing people play cooperative and competitive on Team fortress 2 servers like these.
If I was part of your team I would help keep the servers clean and make sure while everyone is enjoying there time Im there on Panda Community helping. I find it VERY important that everyone has an oppurtunity to play and have fun on panda community servers. I find that nice and clean servers/community with amazing staff like you guys and galls very important to me. I hope that with my very good timezone and experince I can help panda community making it a happy and clean place.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job
I think if you are an admin you should treat all the players with resepect and kindness making sure you create a nice enviroment with everyone to enjoy while teaching the rules in a nice cooperating way to all the players of the server.
I will stop players that are not following the rules like disrespecting other people who are trying to have fun and other admins that are trying to work in my personal way i think of it as baseball you have three strikes and your out like 3 warning then kick and if repeated then I will have to escalate the conquence against the player
In some cases I may handle them like the following situations
Voice chat offencnce 3 warning then gag or mute
then other situations it will be 3 warninigs then kick, kick again then ban
Hacking is a Permaban
Racism/sexism is 2 warnings then gag or mute
*I take racism and sexism VERY seriously.

Thanks for Reading and Have a very Merry Christmas
-Joe

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Broski
In the final section, we would like you to outline some sanctions you would apply in a variety of situations. Haven't you seen people do it in other apps?

In the final section, we would like you to outline some sanctions you would apply in a variety of situations. Haven't you seen people do it in other apps?
Fixed/edited

- Your general online times and your timezone
Eastern Pacific Time/Central time Eastern US
Monday: 3:00-6:00
Tuesday: 3:00-4:00 5:00-6:00
Wensday: 3:00-6:00
Thursday: 3:00-6:00
Friday: 3:00-9:00
Saturday: 12:00-8:00
Sunday: 12:00-6:00

at night or at day :D

• Informative
Reactions: Joe
BUMPED
Edited much of my applcation to make it look COLORFULL

• Creative
Reactions: Vecomti
Alright, time to reply.

As you know I was a bit disappointed with your application, and I had to ask you to change it twice. Of course the application isn't everything and you're mostly going to talk in the servers where you won't be typing more than 1-2 sentences at a time, but it is still a reflection of you. And you might be arguing with rulebreakers on the forum; you'll be the face of the community. It could be a lot worse but I guess I had just expected a bit more from a native speaker of English.

Apart from that, I've played with you and you're a good person. That does make me want to give you a try. However I'm not sure how wise a decision it is to give you a try and see how it goes. We're right about to accept more admins and the admin/trial ratio is already bad as it is. And we don't have a staff manager yet. Right now we just don't have the resources to give someone a try and help them on their way. Especially since you mostly play on servers where no full gameserver admin really plays.

Maybe in due time when we have sorted out the structure in the staff. But right now I'm just not sure whether you're truly ready, and we cannot accommodate for someone who has to be trained at the moment. I personally think it would be best if you try again a bit later.

Alright, time to reply.

As you know I was a bit disappointed with your application, and I had to ask you to change it twice. Of course the application isn't everything and you're mostly going to talk in the servers where you won't be typing more than 1-2 sentences at a time, but it is still a reflection of you. And you might be arguing with rulebreakers on the forum; you'll be the face of the community. It could be a lot worse but I guess I had just expected a bit more from a native speaker of English.

Apart from that, I've played with you and you're a good person. That does make me want to give you a try. However I'm not sure how wise a decision it is to give you a try and see how it goes. We're right about to accept more admins and the admin/trial ratio is already bad as it is. And we don't have a staff manager yet. Right now we just don't have the resources to give someone a try and help them on their way. Especially since you mostly play on servers where no full gameserver admin really plays.

Maybe in due time when we have sorted out the structure in the staff. But right now I'm just not sure whether you're truly ready, and we cannot accommodate for someone who has to be trained at the moment. I personally think it would be best if you try again a bit later.
Oh well thats to bad, at least i gave a try. I dunno if i just close this or just dunno.

That's just my 2 cents. Others could still think otherwise.

That's just my 2 cents. Others could still think otherwise.
Ill just leave it up i guess. Doubt anyones will say anything i only know few admins since i play on Underdog servers

Well I don't know him that much but hes a nice guy and following the rules.

• Friendly
Reactions: Joe
It's inspirational to him. I deeply regret what i said. Plis don't hurt my kittens

It's inspirational to him. I deeply regret what i said. Plis don't hurt my kittens
If you think I am going to repeat myself again you are sorely mistaken. No chatter on applications.

I think I will just be closing this up now. You weren't confident and moreover you've been quite pushy about it, and after yesterday evening I just can't really see it happen anymore. I was considering giving it a try and putting you under Chillix' supervision, but even then I cannot really see it happen. Under a mentor it could be alright, but it is questionable whether you could grow out of that and be ready on your own any time soon. And you won't always have someone there to have your back.

You're still young, and it can show through. Maybe later you'll have a shot, but not now. I don't want to upset you but it would be much worse to give you the position now and have to take it away in a few weeks - even if you don't see it that way.

• Agree
Reactions: Matth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread