Jb_Caves Update (1 Viewer)

For the last three days, I've been gamejam style working on this, and I've gotten pretty far imo. I'm not THAT experience with Hammer, so if it's not quite up to your standards, it's totally fine. I'll be polishing before any final release either way.

Contents:
• Theater
• Obby
• Climb
• Arena
• 5 secrets

Soon to be added contents:
• Pool
• Diner
• Tic-Tac-Toe
• Deathfall
• Deathrun
• Jeopardy
• (Maybe) Dodgeball

And that's all for now. If you have any suggestions (even slightly toxic ones), please be sure to tell me. I'd be pleased to finally get some advice from real people rather than going by my own thoughts.

Attachments

• jb_cavesthreedays.dem
    3 MB · Views: 166
  • jb_caves.bsp
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
post screenshots, not demos
also, do an update/release when there is actually things to do

post screenshots, not demos
also, do an update/release when there is actually things to do

So, I have a question. Why is it bad to use demo files instead of screenshots? I'm just asking because I just thought that doing demo files would give the viewer a better idea of what's going on.

So, I have a question. Why is it bad to use demo files instead of screenshots? I'm just asking because I just thought that doing demo files would give the viewer a better idea of what's going on.
Convenience I don't want to sit through a 15 minute demo when I could get all the information I need from a couple screenshots
(plus its like easier to take screenshots legit just press F12 or whatever you have bound to screenshot)
(and another thing, don't make 18 threads just keep all updates in this thread)

• Informative
Reactions: Hillbilly
unnecessary download, since they would still have to start the game to view it
at that point they might as well just get the map and play it instead their own way and get a taste that way

screenshots are better because they are accessible instantly and can still provide necessary information on the map, although not as much as if you were playing it
theme, layout, minigames

• Informative
Reactions: Hillbilly

Users who are viewing this thread