jb_bunkner_b5 update thread (1 Viewer)

progress update:

ive done lots of optimization using jb_wip's bhop technique, which narrows the edicts down by 50-ish if im correct. plus ive transformed some unnecessary func_brushes into displacements.
in normal human language, this means the map is slowly nearing the phase where it's able to be added.

average source mapper jargon

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
let's take a quick trip down memory lane, just cuz i feel like it lmao

bunker_cam_01.png

1710083614845.png

bunker_cam_03.png

1710083657832.png

bunker_cam_05.png

1710083701506.png

this compares a1a to v1, and ive gotta say ive made some improvements.

oh also, the map's edicts are currently at 1478 with all the optimization ive done.
as semicolon said in the declined suggestion, it is advised to have them be under 1450 before adding the map.
my map was that unoptimized that i have already got rid of around 300 edicts by applying various techniques.

Updates are looking promising.

Keep up the good work!

• Optimistic
Reactions: hehe troll
i believe in jb_booker supremacy 🙏

• Optimistic
Reactions: hehe troll
progress update:

ive done lots of optimization using jb_wip's bhop technique, which narrows the edicts down by 50-ish if im correct. plus ive transformed some unnecessary func_brushes into displacements.
in normal human language, this means the map is slowly nearing the phase where it's able to be added.

average source mapper jargon
okay kids calm down your horses, i worded this very carefully yet i don't think the right message came across:

when i said "it's nearing the phase where it's able to be added", i didn't mean it's ready today or tomorrow, at worst you'll have to wait another 2-3 weeks.
at best it's ready next week, i dont know and i can't tell you an exact release date yet.

the reason why is because irl shit, school n mental shit is quite a big priority in my life right now, so y'know, i can't just spit out updates and maps all the time. ty for understanding <3

edict count.png

heh nevermind i got it under 1450... uh, with room to spare somehow too???? dont ask me how i managed to do that, the last thing i did was merge a lot of trigger_pushs in obby which was apparently a lot of edicts??? lmao

wait wait wait

sv_dump_edicts gives 1438 (this shows the highest recorded amount of edicts)
status gives 1346

Users who are viewing this thread