Completed [JB] Sticky Traping on Warday (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilSpaceMan

Donator
Hey guys so in the past couple of weeks admins having been enforcing the rule of no sticky traping on warday.I feel as if this rule is unnecessary and that blus should be allowed to sticky trap and warday.Post your thought poll closes in 3 days

• Bad Spelling
Reactions: scootyman
Hey guys so in the past couple of weeks admins having been enforcing the rule of no sticky traping on warday.I feel as if this rule is unnecessary and that blus should be allowed to sticky trap and warday.Post your thought poll closes in 3 days
you can sticktrap everywhere you can shoot ur stickies from the warday area

you simply cant stickytrap armory because that would destroy the purpose of warday.

Reactions: scootyman and Kazzy
I don't really think stickytrapping the entrance to where the BLU side if fighting from on warday is particularly overpowered in any way. If the REDs get weapons and are smart, they can easily disintegrate the stickybombs.

I am however against stickytrapping in areas outside of the BLU's warday area, especially armory. That I agree would be unfair.

Reactions: scootyman
I honestly feel like sticky traps do not belong in a site where you gotta push in, overall when theres only one entrance to certain areas, I am against this suggestion though i would like to see some test runs for blues and reds alike on how this rule change would come into play.

Im not saying sticky trap armory.I am saying that blues can sticky trap warday areas sorry for the confusion

Anywhere you can shoot within the warday area is (to my knowledge) fair game.
Reds have myriad of way to counter sticky traps. Scorch shot/Detonator, bullet weapons, baiting the trap, ubers, etc. Not to mention a demo has to peak to trap highly contested areas, leaving them vulnerable to being sniped.
Inside armory definitely not. The blu doesn't have to detonate until they see rebel status, so in a way that feels like an extension of armory camping.
Warday is intended to be blus (with crits), versus a larger enemy team stocked with ammo. Quality vs Quantity. Sticky trapping armory heavily swings the balance of that, and just ruins the fun.

I extended the poll to close in 7 days from the date of this thread's creation. 3 days is way too short.

The way I see it, up until a red actually rebels on warday, all stickystraps are baiting. As soon as a red actually attacks a blu. I'd say traps are fair game. Blus are not allowed to attack reds until they are attacked on warday so a demo shouldn't be placing stickies up until that point.

Anywhere you can shoot within the warday area is (to my knowledge) fair game.
Reds have myriad of way to counter sticky traps. Scorch shot/Detonator, bullet weapons, baiting the trap, ubers, etc. Not to mention a demo has to peak to trap highly contested areas, leaving them vulnerable to being sniped.
Inside armory definitely not. The blu doesn't have to detonate until they see rebel status, so in a way that feels like an extension of armory camping.
Warday is intended to be blus (with crits), versus a larger enemy team stocked with ammo. Quality vs Quantity. Sticky trapping armory heavily swings the balance of that, and just ruins the fun.
Couldnt have said it any better. +1

1707183282874.png

Specified in the rules that this is now allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread