JB Rule Suggestions/Possible Changes Test Rules (1 Viewer)

Broski

Baiting/New Possible rules

One thing I have seen is people getting confused to what Baiting actually is!
Baiting is when a red does certain things to otherwise provoke a red, If someone is baiting usually the red who was baited may hit the bater once without rebelling, Here is a list of a blue Baiting.

Using weapons without reason I.E Randomly Shooting/Swinging your melee near reds Without reason

Walking into a reds melee range, or not moving away from a red walking to a destination (If a red makes a detour into a blus melee range this is not baiting)
If a blu remains in a reds melee range the red may continue to attack the blu until they either die or move out of range.

Throwing Jarate/Mad Milk over reds, any red covered with Jarate/mad milk may persue the player who threw it until the effect wears off, if they do not continue following the order before the bait they are rebelling.

Heavies spinning their Miniguns and Snipers Scoping on reds, it is hard to tell if a Sniper is scoping on you as you cannot see his dot, but if a Warden sees a blue sniper dot anywhere on a reds body he may ask the sniper to stop, and give the red permission to attack him once.

Pyros airblasting, Airblasts can be a useful defense against a red rebel but a pyro could possibly airblast a red into a dangerous situation, randomly airblasting a red is baiting and all caught in the airblast may attack, or the warden may give permission to one red to attack for all caught in the blast.

If a blu Lethal Taunts for example A blu heavy using the "Pootis Pow" Scout using the "Outta the Park" near a red sees the lethal taunt they may attack the blu doing the taunt

A blue entering a red only area
Usually the minigames on the map being played, the game is only considered a red only area if the game is being played, for example when the reds are in Obby, Obby then becomes a red only area, if a blue enters this area they are baiting and a red may attack the blue until he has left the area or is dead

Sticky baiting is a fairly obvious one.
A demoman placing stickys anywhere in the map, usually near cells before they open, if a demoman puts stickys outside a cell before they open he must detonate them before the round continues if not he shall be slain, but if a demoman is placing stickys during a game it is baiting and a red may attack him until he is dead or has detonated his stickys

A scout launching a sandman/wrap assassin projectile, if the projectile hits a red he may hit the blue.

A blue entering cells at the start of the round, if a blue is caught by a red whilst in a cell the red may attack until the blue is dead or until he leaves the cell.

A heavy using Mittens to make reds laugh, the red hit may attack the blu once

A blu body blocking reds

A blu cannot bait a freeday, and there is no baiting during a "Freeday for all"
As there is no baiting during a freeday for all if a pyro continues to airblast reds after being asked to stop it can be considered freehitting and the red may defend himself, this applies to all form of baiting

If a blu has baited he must take his punishment and not try to run from the red allowed to attack, if the blu runs it delays the round and he may be slain as a result, the blu may not run into a blu only area when a red is about to attack for baiting

Freekilling/Hitting

Freekilling is when a Blu Kills a red without reason freehitting, Hitting a red without reason,
If a red is freehit he may hit the blue back to defend himself, similar fashion to being baited, Should a blu Freekill the red killed is to be respawned and a warning issued to the blu, if they continue you slay the blu and respawn the red, if it happens again you BluBan the offender for a time according to the severity of the Freekill from killing 1, to mass freekilling.

Here are a few examples of Freekilling:
Killing a red following orders and not rebelling.
During a "Freeday for all" Killing a red who has not yet rebelled
Using a minigame to kill reds when the minigame should not be in use (During a freeday it is not a freekill if a red requests to play the game)

If a Warden Enables friendly fire allowing reds to kill each other
Some maps may have a button that activates FF a blue pressing this button is also counted as freekilling

Rebelling

Thought I'd cover rebelling this will be short, Rebelling is when a red Causes Damage to a blu
ignores the wardens orders
Fails to meet wardens requests I.E Warden gives reds 5 seconds to run to yellow line and a red fails to get there in 5 seconds
And entering Blue only Areas

New Possible rules

As due to the plugin if a warden is killed a blu may become the warden by typing !w into chat, The current rule is if the warden is killed it is a freeday, after a certain amount of time the warden will lock, meaning the !w command will not make a blu warden, the new rule I suggest is if a blu does !w in time and becomes warden the round continues, but reds do not have to follow the previous wardens rule unless the new warden says "Previous wardens orders apply" meaning the last order given before the last warden died should continue until th enew warden issues more orders, this rule prevents continuous freedays.

When a red is granted an LR all freedays must kill themselves, this prevents delaying rounds as after an LR a new round should start.

A blue may not camp in blu only areas to stay safe from reds for example
If a red rebels a blu may not sit in armoury and wait for the red to break in.
Blus are also forbidden from camping in the blu zones of minigames, Also a blu may not camp in the infirmiry/medic room

Should the rebel mark be removed:
If the rebel mark is removed a Blu may only kill a rebel if the blu saw the red rebel.
They can not use the killfeed to identify a rebel they have to actually see them rebel, or be told by another blu that a red is rebelling by calling a KOS on the red in question, is a Blu is killed by a red and no other blu witnessed this a red could possibly continue on with a round unnoticed until he is caught rebelling.

An already known rule but we need to touch up on it
Ghosting: Ghosting is when a dead player tells a living player that either
A red has Ammo
A red is rebelling
The location of a Red/Blu hiding somewhere
Telling a blu who killed them.
The only time Ghosting is acceptable is if a red is not Actively rebelling I.E Sitting in a corner doing nothing
Randomly running around the map and delaying.

All Blu must actively participate as a guard
A blu is no help to his team if they are running around the map and doing nothing.
All blus must do what the warden asks and must stay in the wardens general area, a blue is not helping the team if the warden is in death run and the blu is running around the obsticle course, the only time a blu can leave the group is if the warden knows about a rebel and asks a blu (Usually a scout) to go deal with it.
Also randomly pressing buttons during minigames that interfere with the game is not participating and could lead to freekills. A blu may only press buttons with the wardens permission.

Im very tired and I cant remember many more possible rules, if I do I will edit the post and put them in, But I do hope this helps out and maybe at least some rules are implemented I would mainly ask the JB admins to take note more than anyone else.

EDIT: Vent Camping, Neither a Blu or Red can Camp in a Vent, A blu may only enter the vent to go after a red or to use the short cut in a map, but no team may sit in there for an extended period of time.

And finally, thank you for reading!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Matth
Broski just stop, we are not going to convert this community into Blackout. Sure I understand that this is just a suggestion, but it's no idea to suggest so many things that come from blackout. Why not make a thread where everyone can participate with their ideas and whatnot?
Sorry for my attitude, but I really don't like these ideas listed here.

EDIT: The baiting part is just so obvious. Like, do you need to list every single one? If the majority thinks it's baiting it's baiting.

In no way am I trying to convert anything, I thought I'd list so many things as to cover as much as possible, Also you seem to forget Blackout wasn't the only Jailbreak I played on, these are suggestions and such I have taking from numerous JB servers.

EDIT: And I covered so much on Baiting as I noticed many users were unclear on what was baiting and what wasn't.

Last edited:
Half of those "baiting" rules leave the Blu team with absolutely nothing to their advantage especially if you want to remove Kritz for a while to see how it pans out also. Prisons are supposed to be about the guards in power and taking all this away leaves them at a significant disadvantage, weapons or not. Having 16 reds charge down a team of 4 guards is going to be an easy win for the reds and that shouldn't happen. The Blue team needs to have the power to just turn around to the prisoners and be like

"No"

and keep the round going, not have the 16 Pan scouts scuttle towards them like a horde of bees. Some of the baiting rules just seem to have a little too much thought put into them. I can understand most, like the sticky baiting and body blocking. But if a Blue scout fires a sandman ball in the opposite direction of the prisoners and they run at him claiming "Bait" I'm just going to shoot them, It's stupid. I also think shooting randomly around the map classing as baiting? Really? Again if the blue is not posing any actual threat to the Red, by actually facing them and doing this or shooting above theirs head then let the suckers be.

LR Freeday killing blues be a bannable offense? Really? What are they supposed to do then? If it's only one person then it's very hard to actually activate any of the minigames and I know for a fact people do not want to wander around for 12 minutes doing nothing at all, let them do what they please, they chose Freeday probably with the sole intention of easy access to the armory and if they did then let it be, if the blues are competent enough and the Krits are kept on they can just turn around and silence the rowdy fucker before he does any damage.

I know I'm not a JB admin but I've been going on the server very frequently recently and I thought I'd chime in what I have to say.

• Winner
Reactions: Da Random
Half of those "baiting" rules leave the Blu team with absolutely nothing to their advantage especially if you want to remove Kritz for a while to see how it pans out also. Prisons are supposed to be about the guards in power and taking all this away leaves them at a significant disadvantage, weapons or not. Having 16 reds charge down a team of 4 guards is going to be an easy win for the reds and that shouldn't happen. The Blue team needs to have the power to just turn around to the prisoners and be like

"No"

and keep the round going, not have the 16 Pan scouts scuttle towards them like a horde of bees. Some of the baiting rules just seem to have a little too much thought put into them. I can understand most, like the sticky baiting and body blocking. But if a Blue scout fires a sandman ball in the opposite direction of the prisoners and they run at him claiming "Bait" I'm just going to shoot them, It's stupid. I also think shooting randomly around the map classing as baiting? Really? Again if the blue is not posing any actual threat to the Red, by actually facing them and doing this or shooting above theirs head then let the suckers be.

LR Freeday killing blues be a bannable offense? Really? What are they supposed to do then? If it's only one person then it's very hard to actually activate any of the minigames and I know for a fact people do not want to wander around for 12 minutes doing nothing at all, let them do what they please, they chose Freeday probably with the sole intention of easy access to the armory and if they did then let it be, if the blues are competent enough and the Krits are kept on they can just turn around and silence the rowdy fucker before he does any damage.

I know I'm not a JB admin but I've been going on the server very frequently recently and I thought I'd chime in what I have to say.

I dont see the baiting rules taking anything away from the blues, A blue should never provoke a red as it is and these feel like some examples, Maybe randomly firing a weapon could be ignored as I can see the complications, But I would still say randomly firing in the reds direction is a No-No

As for crits, the one main reason the warden is taken down bay a group is because the blues tend to scatter leaving the arden by himself, so the crits still dont save him, the blues need to work as a team, Played on many servers without crits and the blues work fine together.

And with LR freeday it is Annoying that you can see them rebelling but only the warden can kill them, so it is unfair that you as a guard cant do any damage, and the warden is too focused on the round to do anything.

• Informative
Reactions: Lukas
It just feels like half of these baiting rules gives the red team the excuse to run across half the map just to chase down a blue because he threw some milk over him. I mean unless the blue follows up with a few shots in the back of the guys head then just leave it be. I don't want prisoners running after guards because they got their prison robes wet. It just feels like half of these baiting rules don't take away from the blue team, but give way too many excuses for the red team to attack them hence giving them more power. I'm more a fan of the "Get too close and I'm allowed to shank you" sort of baiting or if a guard enters your cell you are allowed to hit them. Allowing prisoners to run after guard for every minor transgression is just going to ruin the feel of power over numbers.

I'm all up for everything else you have suggested because most of what you have said you can clearly see half the time is a massive problem. I just have a small feeling that these baiting rules will lead to more "Smartarse-ness" from the red team, because that's a problem as well that needs to stop.

So, All other baiting rules are good, but the firing randomly? We can take that away, but also bear in mind you get the odd cocky blues that do shoot near the reds and sometimes the reds to get hit, so that would need to be dealt with.

Any oher baiting rules you're not so sure about? Best get all of them out there before implementing them and running into a problem halfway down the road.

Using weapons without reason I.E Randomly Shooting around the map

Throwing Jarate/Mad Milk over reds, any red covered with Jarate/mad milk may persue the player who threw it until the effect wears off, if they do not continue following the order before the bait they are rebelling.

If a blu Lethal Taunts for example A blu heavy using the "Pootis Pow" Scout using the "Outta the Park" if a red sees the lethal taunt they may attack the blu doing the taunt

A scout launching a sandman/wrap assassin projectile, is the projectile does not hit a target any red who saw with permission from the warden can attack once, if the projectile hits a red the red who was hit may hit the blue.

A heavy using Mittens to make reds laugh, the red hit may attack the blu once

A blu cannot bait a freeday, and there is no baiting during a "Freeday for all"
As there is no baiting during a freeday for all if a pyro continues to airblast reds after being asked to stop it can be considered freehitting and the red may defend himself, this applies to all form of baiting

They all just seem to be rather "I saw him do this miles away, let's run towards him and smack him because he is baiting" I mean it will help keep things under control, but like I said, Prisoners shouldn't have power over what guards do and don't do in their own prison, especially if it doesn't directly effect them. The mittens and Jarate one's I've kept because neither of them do damage, it just feels like another excuse to smack the guards.

I mean in theory I see why you've suggested them man but to try and keep the actual playerbase under control and the amount of reports you'll get over silly little things will be much higher then we already have and that is saying something.

They all just seem to be rather "I saw him do this miles away, let's run towards him and smack him because he is baiting" I mean it will help keep things under control, but like I said, Prisoners shouldn't have power over what guards do and don't do in their own prison, especially if it doesn't directly effect them. The mittens and Jarate one's I've kept because neither of them do damage, it just feels like another excuse to smack the guards.

I mean in theory I see why you've suggested them man but to try and keep the actual playerbase under control and the amount of reports you'll get over silly little things will be much higher then we already have and that is saying something.

This is why I put in some, which I think should apply to all, but if a guard is a distance away say like on Chretien prisoners are outside cells and the guard is shooting the wall on the balcony thats not baiting, that literally will cause all reds to just run, so I say if its done near a red, then it is baiting, but its a bit stupid if he is across map. Unless its a sniper scoping on a reds body, but only that red can do anything

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas
Unless its a sniper scoping on a reds body, but only that red can do anything
I don't really get it why a sniper zooming in on a Prisoner is baiting, unless it's like <50 meters away or something...

I don't really get it why a sniper zooming in on a Prisoner is baiting, unless it's like <50 meters away or something...
A Sniper has no reason to scope at a reds body unless he needs to kill the red.

I think these rules should stick because I was in Jailbreak earlier and they said the rules that we have gone by before aren't understandable (dunno why they said that) but in any case I think these rules are better as it breaks it all down into detailed reasons.

I think these rules should stick because I was in Jailbreak earlier and they said the rules that we have gone by before aren't understandable (dunno why they said that) but in any case I think these rules are better as it breaks it all down into detailed reasons.
simple rules that you can understand when you read it for the first time, thats all that should stand there, if they want a detailed form they can visit the forums, IMO

I think that all of these suggestions are pretty good but:

Remove the ability for a red to hit a baiter, in my experience this rule 80% the time lead to some sort of freekilling or that half of the red team starts to chase a scout leading them to run for 3 minutes around the map. Players generally dissagree about what is really classed as baiting, this can lead to very confusing situations where a scout rushes to get a sniper accros the map because he threw jarate on a rebel and then the warden kills the scout saying that the sniper wasn't baiting at all and then they start to throw !calls at eatch other.

EDIT: Baiters are usally unaware of the rules and starts to defend themself when people start to hit them leading to unecersary freekilling.

We have 9 Jailbreak admins + the former blackout members joining in from time to time, we have the ability to take care of baiters ourself the players shouldn't do it.

I also don't mind covering "obvious" rules I actually think it is necersary for a gamemode like this.

I think that all of these suggestions are pretty good but:

Remove the ability for a red to hit a baiter, in my experience this rule 80% the time lead to some sort of freekilling or that half of the red team starts to chase a scout leading them to run for 3 minutes around the map. Players generally dissagree about what is really classed as baiting, this can lead to very confusing situations where a scout rushes to get a sniper accros the map because he threw jarate on a rebel and then the warden kills the scout saying that the sniper wasn't baiting at all and then they start to throw !calls at eatch other.

EDIT: Baiters are usally unaware of the rules and starts to defend themself when people start to hit them leading to unecersary freekilling.

We have 9 Jailbreak admins + the former blackout members joining in from time to time, we have the ability to take care of baiters ourself the players shouldn't do it.

I also don't mind covering "obvious" rules I actually think it is necersary for a gamemode like this.

This is why I edited the rules before putting them to the public, I realised that if read properly the way they were on a map like casuarena, if a sniper was on a roof a few buildings away and a red on the yellow line saw him shoot, the red could go and hit the sniper causing a huge delay, so this only qualifys when they do it near a red.

These are most of Blackout's jailbreak rules. I actually think they would be very good for JB since of the changes the guards have such as critz, with these baiting rules prisoners can actually have the right to fight back and not let the guards do whatever they like to the reds. I like these rules a lot so I agree.

i think there is too much changing here and i am starting to think about asking to be primary admin on another server. why ? simply because that jailbreak i used to love and spend so much time on is almost dead. i feel no pleasure playing it and less and less want to carry about it. the only thing that makes me stay is all the players i know there but i'll leave jailbreak if there is too much changes like that.
hope you'll understand

• Agree
Reactions: Lukas and Da Random
i think there is too much changing here and i am starting to think about asking to be primary admin on another server. why ? simply because that jailbreak i used to love and spend so much time on is almost dead. i feel no pleasure playing it and less and less want to carry about it. the only thing that makes me stay is all the players i know there but i'll leave jailbreak if there is too much changes like that.
hope you'll understand
The rules are working really well, The only down side was the fact the config was edited again by someone and Demos can charge and blus have crits again.

Other than that, I see no problem.

The rules are working really well, The only down side was the fact the config was edited again by someone and Demos can charge and blus have crits again.

Other than that, I see no problem.
never said the rules didn't work just said that jailbreak changed too much for me and i don't enjoy playing jailbreak anymore.=/

never said the rules didn't work just said that jailbreak changed too much for me and i don't enjoy playing jailbreak anymore.=/
Ohh, Well, Im sorry to hear, its happened before with me But I guess JB is jus a rather unpredictable gamemode.

Users who are viewing this thread