Declined [JB] Remove Revving and Scoping from the baiting rule. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Black

Donator
Due to popular demand. Resuggested with more vote options.

Scoping is mostly benign with the exception of the Machina.
When I see a hardscoping person with the Machina I entirely expect an MFK, and will probably try to rebel to stop it. However, that is only one rifle out of the entire line-up, so I think scoping is generally fine minus that small blemish.
I voted no on revving just because having a blu heavy constantly rev'd would be annoying to listen to, with the exception of the tomislav of course. Petty I know, but I'm probably not alone on that.

Reactions: koe
I had always interpreted this rule as being that you can rev and scope at prisoners as long as there is somebody in the group who is KOS that you’re actually trying to kill. I think the rule should be enforced in this way.

Reactions: salguod
Seems arbitrary to allow one and not the other.
I've voted no to both since it's a major power spike for blues.

A part of me feels this suggestion would be hard to implement (if it passes, and looking by the votes it probably won't) as some of the non-stock miniguns and sniper rifles would be affected by this more than the stocks. For example, the Machina/Shooting Star would be extremely risky to use because of it's penetration ability + it can't shoot while noscoped, and the Huo-Long Heater creates a ring of fire around the Heavy when revved up and could accidentally light non-rebelling REDs on fire.

Snipers already get enough benefit in here by a. Having a much better range than any other class. And b. Having crits if a warden is alive. Heavy on blu is already so vulnerable to be rushed down so allowing him to rev shouldn't be a major issue in my eyes. I understand that 'blus would get a major power spike'... but given the amount of lackluster blus we constantly have an issue with itd help the competant ones pull up the slack of their team mates. I've seen plenty of times where the blus just... do nothing and the ones who are active have to pick up the slack.

think about all the spies getting desperate from that one heavy revving his gun infront of the reds hoping one of them would take the bait

blus already have crits. no need to give them more anti-rebelling power.

I had always interpreted this rule as being that you can rev and scope at prisoners as long as there is somebody in the group who is KOS that you’re actually trying to kill. I think the rule should be enforced in this way.
It already is (atleast how I do things it is enforced as if there’s a rebellers in a group blues can rev or scope.)

Seems arbitrary to allow one and not the other.
I've voted no to both since it's a major power spike for blues.
i dont think scoping in or not should matter, it's still a 1 tap regardless. yeah they can aim from much farther away, but in reality snipers are already aiming over the rebellers to "avoid" this rule.

1706450456715.png

Scoping being 20-to-19 isn't a clear enough winner to where we'd be comfortable implementing the change.
Revving is an obvious no.

Neither will be exempted from the baiting list.

• Informative
Reactions: PistolPoppinSince02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread