Declined [JB] Remove Revving and Scoping from the baiting rule. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Black

Donator
Scoping in to get a better visual to see people that arent afk or to look over reds from a safer distance. (Without getting guardbanned)
Revving up as Heavy to not get rushed asap when close to reds.

After thinking about this, I'm honestly not against this suggestion.

Although I may be somewhat wrong, I believe Heavies revving and Snipers scoping at REDs is considered baiting due to the fact that from there, damaging or killing REDs is one mouse click away. However, you could argue that this applies to a lot of other primary weapons when aimed at a RED which aren't considered baiting when at a distance (Scout's scattergun & pistol, all classes that use a shotgun, Spy's revolver, etc).

As well, I feel this would actually be very beneficial to BLU Heavies in particular (especially ones that use the Brass Beast even though I hardly see that minigun be used), as they would not have to waste time revving their minigun, which REDs can use to start swarming them, and would especially help them with rebeller Scouts as they can use his revving time to sprint off and escape them.

Reactions: _Black
I'm fine with this change. MFKers aren't exactly gonna care if they're baiting or not. Would say revving or scoping at reds for an extended period of time should be considered baiting though, especially if they have no reason to be doing so. (Trying to snipe a rebeller in a stack of reds) Since it can be pretty off-putting for reds.

• Disagree
Reactions: _Black
i love it when someone is revving at a huge stack and a sniper is scoping in on my head while im trying to rebel and as soon as i press w i get shut down
its unfair to reds if its removed since if you are already revved/scoped in and if you are not can be important to both rebellers and to LR hungry reds

• Agree
Reactions: Noirr
Honestly I can see the appeal in letting snipers scope and heavies rev... But at the same time I'm in agreement with Zevs... While it's already easy for some people to get away with rebelling... Doing this would make it nigh impossible... And in the case of a sniper, while I understand the 'single click' argument works for pretty much all of the other classes... It's even more the case for sniper as he's not limited by range. I'd say having a revved mini gun is fine, and I agree with Calassic here... It should be a different vote. As my opinions of both are different... A revved heavy can still be rushed down from all sides, and if he is, people can still run away relatively easily, especially if the heavy has lost crits. A sniper on the other hand being able to scope in while far from reds is just too favorable for the blus, because on some maps sniper can almost sit in the same spot and still hit reds regardless of if they're in cells or near a minigame (Think JB_Minecraft_Nightfall with it's big ass wall around cell area, a sniper can cover a majority of the map from there). As such I'm going to abstain from a vote on this, at least until it is broken up into two different suggestions for the two classes being impacted.

Since _Black remade the suggestion we're going to use that, for anyone who voted use the other one please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread