Declined [JB] Guard Requirement (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

I have been playing on the server the past week very frequently and I've come to notice that a lot of people can just simply join MFK and get banned and it happens very often. Personally I think if a 1 hour requirement was implemented it would significantly reduce the amount of MFKS.

This has been suggested many times before:

Someone would have to create a plugin for this, otherwise this can't be implemented. It would also be too time-consuming and exhausting to pull up a player's playtime via HLstats and constantly teamswitch them with threat of harsher punishment of they don't stay on RED.

I'm personally not in favor of this, and I will simply leave my posts from the first of the suggestion forums (from July 2022) to show why, as it still accurately explains the problems with this suggestion:
As Vecomti said, people who have had experience on other Jailbreak servers would feel alienated by being teambanned as soon as they join for the very first time, and might get the false impression they messed up and go hunting for an admin. There would be way too many complaints from newbies about being teambanned.
- There might be occasions (as uncommon as it may be) where the overwhelming majority of the server are newbies and thus severely limiting the people who can go on BLU.
- As for newbies who intend to join a server just to mass freekill, I'm pretty sure an "introductory" teamban won't stop them, once the teamban expires they'll probably get right to mass freekilling as if the teamban never happened.

Simply put, most newbies who join BLU right away will probably break a few rules, yes, but once they are reminded they typically remember them and try to abide by them. Contrary to what so many people believe, I've found it's uncommon -- or at least, not rampant -- for new BLUs to completely ignore any and all reminders they're given if they break rules, and if they do so, there's a high chance they might be trolling. People seem to like to paint all newbies to BLU as oblivious to the rules and completely ignorant of their surroundings when I've found that's usually not the case.
It isn’t gonna deter MFKers honestly. Keep in mind that on this server a teamban can be worked off simply by being on the server (on other servers you have to be alive to slowly work it off). All newbie MFKers will do is idle for the duration of the teamban and get right to freekilling when the teamban expires. It will completely defeat the purpose of deterring them.

This has been suggested many times before:

Someone would have to create a plugin for this, otherwise this can't be implemented. It would also be too time-consuming and exhausting to pull up a player's playtime via HLstats and constantly teamswitch them with threat of harsher punishment of they don't stay on RED.

I'm personally not in favor of this, and I will simply leave my post from the first of the suggestion forums (from July 2022) to show why, as it still accurately explains the problems with this suggestion:
I apologize I should of searched to see if this was suggested before, my mistake.

Absolutely agree with the suggestion, but yes myself and many others have proposed this prior.
Mostly comes down to a lack of know-how with the plugin, so hey if you wanna look into and learn about the system go and give it your best shot!

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread