Completed [JB] Banning abuse of the "no overtalk" plugin. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehgend

Alright, it is day one of this plugin being added. I think it has its uses and can be a game changer, but this needs to go. This is just intentionally annoying and can very easily ruin rounds in specific situations.

The proposal is an addition to the rules: "Warden is not allowed to use the overtalk plugin to deny players from talking for long periods of time without giving proper orders".

If anyone can phrase that better then be my guest, I am rather tired and sometimes the right phrasing might slip my mind, but I do believe my point has been made regardless.

This happened twice (my second clip just doesnt work for whatever reason) and had no end in sight. If we do go forward with the plugin we need this kind of rule in my opinion.

I've attached this clip to show how bad it can be.

I've also said this incase it's more clear but a rule addendum that can be made would be under warden commands:
  • !wot enables and disables overtalk and allows you to speak freely. You are only to use this if needed, and it is forbidden to disable overtalking when you are not actively trying to progress the round.

Alright, it is day one of this plugin being added. I think it has its uses and can be a game changer, but this needs to go. This is just intentionally annoying and can very easily ruin rounds in specific situations.

The proposal is an addition to the rules: "Warden is not allowed to use the overtalk plugin to deny players from talking for long periods of time without giving proper orders".

If anyone can phrase that better then be my guest, I am rather tired and sometimes the right phrasing might slip my mind, but I do believe my point has been made regardless.

This happened twice (my second clip just doesnt work for whatever reason) and had no end in sight. If we do go forward with the plugin we need this kind of rule in my opinion.

I've attached this clip to show how bad it can be.
View attachment 30389
"Using the Warden Overtalk plugin outside of giving orders (and other reasons they might need to do so)* is not allowed."

* this tidbit would be decided on if it is required to add other stipulations, of course... But otherwise I have no idea what might also be an option in this case...

On second thought, I don't think this should be polled frankly. It's very obviously implicated that this shouldn't be abused much like other warden commands. I've already gone ahead and made the line I posted as an addendum to the rules. Please give players patience while they adjust to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread