Completed [JB] Add No Warden Overtalk Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skull

Mapper
Hello, I made a plugin that mutes all players while the Warden is talking.

Currently, the plugin is enabled on round start, so overtalkers will be muted by default.

Available commands for toggling it:
"sm_wot"
"sm_wardenot"
"sm_wovertalk"
"sm_wardenovertalk"

If "sm_tf2jail_overtalk_start_disabled" is set to 0, plugin will start disabled on round start, Warden has to toggle it back on by themselves using the Warden menu or the command.
Keep in mind the Warden still can toggle overtalk if "sm_tf2jail_overtalk_start_disabled" is set to 1.

This can be added to wardenmenu.cfg to add it to the Warden menu:
"sm_wot" "Toggle Overtalk"

I have tested the plugin with @Semicolon Backslash, but keep in mind there might still be problems.

Is there a way to test this on an external server and invite the jb community to participate in order to look for bugs?

By thread maker's private request I've removed the fourth option since it was redundant. Tagging the people who voted for it.
@Shocker807 @Judas @Verki

Reactions: TRGGB2
damn my messages got leaked :(

But yeah, I love the plugin and love the fact it alerts players that theyre muted. Thanks for developing this little thing that could help a ton

Reactions: crubf
Honestly all I can say is thanks for doing what I am not capable of.
Amazing suggestion, all we lacked was the know-how.
Entirely in favor, and I hope test goes well!

Aight so we're 4 days out from the poll closing but I am going to go ahead and call it early as the poll is looking heavily in favor of one side and has been since the poll was made.

1708927055469.png

I have tested the plugin with @Semicolon Backslash, but keep in mind there might still be problems.
With this part I am assuming low confidence in the plugin being bug-free so we will have to likely test it ourselves whenever and however we can first before we add it.

Task #290 [JB] Test & Add No Overtalk Plugin

i've added the plugin to the server, should be active within the next map.
i also created a github repo to keep track of who's collaborating on it, contact me so i can add you to the repo.

if there's an issue with the plugin or breakage let me know on steam/discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread