Declined Jailbreak NY Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambda

Donator
Name
Genesis or Bill's Gibus, usually the latter

Steam32 ID

Online Time and Timezone
Weekdays 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Weekends Absolutely any time but usually 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Timezone: PST

Servers
I almost always play on the Jailbreak NY server and that's what I'm applying for, as for other servers I occasionally play on the trade servers and Slender Fortress but definitely not as much as Jailbreak. I suppose I could try playing more servers in case of reports.

Microphone
Yes, sir/ma'am.

Previous Administrative Experience
I was an administrator of a community that's not TF2, it's a Don't Starve Community and while it's nowhere near the same as TF2 I think it should show that I'm responsible enough to be an Administrator in the first place, I think I did my job fairly well too.

Experience with SourceMod
Nope, if I get accepted then it'll be my first time using it, gotta start somewhere right?

Why should you choose me?
Almost every. single. day. I see free killers or spammers, or just plain racist people in the server and I want to do something about it but reporting using regular means (the forums) seems like a lengthy process and doing !call almost always does nothing so I want to deal with it myself right there. I also think that other admins don't really live in the same Timezone as me so while they're sleeping or doing whatever I can deal with rulebreakers for them.

What I'll do if I find a rulebreaker
Mic spammer / Regular chat spammer / Racist / Disrespect to any player
Does it once: Warn or kick
Does it again: Gag/mute for 480 minutes
2nd gag/mute: Ban for 240 minutes
3rd gag/mute: 480
4th gag/mute: 1440
5th gag/mute: Permanent ban

Foreign Language in mic or text chat.
Once: This first part only applies if they're using text chat:
First I'll figure out the language they're speaking via the power of Google Translate and try to warn them that only English is allowed here
If they're using mic then I'll just have to warn them using English.
If they use foreign language again: Gag / Mute for 180 minutes
Gag/Mute 2: Ban for 240 minutes
Gag/Mute 3: 480
Gag/Mute 4: 1440
Gag/Mute 5: Permanent

Bad Warden / Guard (Not following rules correctly or Free killing when they thought they weren't) OR Teamkilling
Offence 1: Warn and tell to slay / Slay them myself
Offence 2: Same thing
Offence 3: Guard ban for 300 minutes
Offence 4: Ban for 1440 minutes
Offence 5: Guard ban permanently

Free killing on purpose:
Once: Warn
Twice: Ban for 1440 minutes
Three times: 4320 minutes
Four times: Permanent

Misc Offenses:

Inappropriate spray: Warn once and remove spray, kick 2nd time and remove spray, Ban for 240 minutes the third time
Impersonation: Force name change and warn, ban for 180 minutes the second time
Hacking: Record hacker for evidence and then apply a permanent ban

Well I haven't seen you around much, which can either be a good sign since you've stated times which I'm not on (apart from the weekend times) or a bad sign, since I haven't had to chance to judge you online.

The application isn't ideal, the punishments aren't either. You seem like a lot of work to train up to standard and generally right now we don't have the team for it.
Looking at your chat I see some light insulting as well.
Done some research on your steamID and I see your application to be a member on another community. You stopped posting around about the 27th of April 27th, and joined onto panda NY jailbreak about June. Would be interesting to know why you lost interest in that place. Especially why one of the fields said 'banned'? :thinking:

Overall I'm not exactly positive towards this. I know we need american timezone admins but I'm not sure if you fit the bill exactly.
I'll post my vote later on.

So let me explain for this "other community", I have indeed made a member application for that place but that was back in like early 2017, I think, and I don't ever remember even logging into their forums since then. I've lost interest in that place because all of my friends and I agree that the people that run that place are just terrible and they borderline admin abused and covered it with the rule "Admins may do whatever is necessary to deal with rulebreakers", I can't exactly remember what the rule like but it was something like that. As for the ban, here's a stupid story, back in 2016 I was testing out binds for the first time and I thought I had to do Ctrl+ whatever key to make it work, I thought that I could move by regularly pressing W and then put text by doing Ctrl+W for some reason. Obviously it didn't work so I just tried moving around but every time I tried to go forward it put my bind in the chat and I never noticed because I was too busy trying to figure out why I wasn't moving so I got a gag but never noticed and I left. The next day I came back after my gag was done and tried to play but once again I ended up accidentally spamming the chat and it got me a day ban I believe but that's about it.
The ban wasn't for me being intentionally malicious, it was just me being stupid and oblivious to the chat.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
I think once I return home I will address the problems with this application and give my thought process and reasons for my punishments.

Oh boy, here's a long one.

So, first of all, I'm going to address the basic problems with my application, I'm aware right now that I should've posted my regular Steam ID along with my GameMe and other things which I apologize for. I also want to apologize for my unideal punishments. I should've done more research on other accepted Jailbreak admin applications to see what I should try to enforce, I only checked about 3 admin applications, and they weren't even for Jailbreak servers!, and I feel really stupid for that but now I've actually heavily revised and edited my punishments to what I believe will be more acceptable, I'll also go over my previous thoughts as to why I decided upon the rules I originally posted and my reasons behind my new changes. Now then, as for insults I also apologize, I should've been more mature since I was planning to apply for this position for a little while now and it makes me look childish. Anyways here's my list of revised punishments and my reasoning for my old and new punishments, they're each gonna be in a spoiler because they are LONG.
General Rulebreaking

Spam and Foreign Language in chat
1. Warning
2. Gag for 420 minutes
3. Gag for 1680 minutes
4. Gag for 2880 minutes
5. Gag for 4320 minutes
6. Permanent Gag

Micspam and Foreign Language in Mic
1. Warning
2. Mute for 720 minutes
3. Mute for 2100 minutes
4. Mute for 4800 minutes
5. Mute for 6480 minutes
6. Permanent Mute

Insults (Will depend on how bad the insults are but let's say these are rather mild but excessive insults)
1. Warning
2. Gag/mute for 480 minutes
3. Gag/mute for 960 minutes
4. Gag/mute for 1920 minutes
5. Gag/mute for 3840 minutes
6. Permanent gag/mute

Hacking
1. Permanent Ban

Racism
1. Warn
2. Gag/mute for 2100 minutes
3. Gag/mute for 4800 minutes
4. Gag/mute for 6480 minutes
5. Permanent gag/mute

Jailbreak Specific rules

Freekilling and Teamkilling
1. Warn and slay
2. Guard ban for 480 minutes
3. Guard ban for 960 minutes
4. Guard ban for 1920 minutes
5. Guard ban for 3840 minutes
6. Permanent guard ban

Baiting
1. Warn and slay
2. Guard ban for 360 minutes
3. Guard ban for 720 minutes
4. Guard ban for 2160 minutes
5. Guard ban for 4320 minutes
6. Permanent guard ban

Guard Vandalism / Sabotage
x1 Warning
x2 540 minute guard ban
x3 1080 minute guard ban
x4 4320 minute guard ban
x5 8640 minute guard ban
x6 Permanent guard ban

1. Micspamming / Regular Spamming / Racism / Disrespect
I've come to realize that these punishments are very different from each other and I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I decided to stuff all of these offenses into just 1 category, I now believe that Racism should be punished against much harder than some random spammer, and disrespecting should also be dealt with more harshly since our servers should be a safe environment for our players.

2.Foreign Language
At first, I thought that we should be less strict on these foreign players since they can't really understand a thing we're saying but then it occurred to me, why would they even join this server in the first place if they can't even read the dang name of the server or anything? So now I just decided to put these people in the same section as spammers / micspammers.

3. Bad Warden / Guard (Not following rules correctly or Free killing when they thought they weren't) OR Teamkilling
I was too lenient on my punishments by giving these people 2 warnings, again I don't even remember how that was a good idea, so I changed it up to give them more bans. I also messed it up in the original list by saying that I'll put a guard ban the 2nd time, a regular ban the 3rd, and then a permanent guard ban the 4th.

4. Freekilling on purpose
Eh, I decided to give freekillers the same punishment whether it be on purpose or not

5. Misc Offenses
Inappropriate spray - Now I'm not even sure if there's a plugin to remove sprays so I'll just leave that one out
Impersonation - I will warn and force name change the impersonator but other than that I'm not exactly sure anymore whether to put a regular ban or not, maybe I'll just do it but a short one.
Hacking - I just decided to remove the recording part since it's almost always pretty obvious if someone's hacking, especially on a Jailbreak server.

PHEW, I am totally burnt out, I was typing this all day! Anyways uh, thanks for reading.

Well I appreciate the effort into showing you do care about improvement, it's a start.

Teambans are measured in time spent on red, not by real time. So giving them big punishments like that you'll clear the server out as blues are needed for the game to function. Doesn't mean we have to start being a punching bag, but smaller times helps. You have the stacking idea though which is great.
Everything else can be explained if you get accepted, but I want to at least give you a heads up on that half.

I hope to see you on the servers and see progression to improvement. Dedication is key.
I won't place my vote till later still, it can be closed for review if need be I can give my vote when the time comes.

This thread appears to be open for me so I might as well post my feedback and vote.
At the time of writing this post, I do not have my Trial tag.

I really can't say too much about Bill since as of today, his last connection to the server was on September 25th according to his GameME. That is just over two weeks ago; around the same time I was accepted for admin and around the same time where I stated that I need to see more of Bill's activity on the server in order for me to have a better understanding of him and how he would administrate. So I must work off of what I have seen of him.

Bill's Gibus didn't really seem active much at all when he was on more frequently beforehand, and he rarely stayed on the server for more than 2 hours. As for his performance on the server, I really don't see "admin" material in him. I rarely see him point out rule breakers; and when he does break a rule himself, he rarely punishes himself for it. Typically if someone breaks a rule, they apologize and/or slay, and learn from their mistake and try not to do it again. When Bill breaks a rule, he would apologize and sometimes slay, but for the most part he doesn't seem to understand the rules he does break, which is a bad thing considering admins should know the rules.

Overall, Bills inactivity and performance on the server has lead my vote to -1.

This thread appears to be open for me so I might as well post my feedback and vote.
At the time of writing this post, I do not have my Trial tag.

I really can't say too much about Bill since as of today, his last connection to the server was on September 25th according to his GameME. That is just over two weeks ago; around the same time I was accepted for admin and around the same time where I stated that I need to see more of Bill's activity on the server in order for me to have a better understanding of him and how he would administrate. So I must work off of what I have seen of him.

Bill's Gibus didn't really seem active much at all when he was on more frequently beforehand, and he rarely stayed on the server for more than 2 hours. As for his performance on the server, I really don't see "admin" material in him. I rarely see him point out rule breakers; and when he does break a rule himself, he rarely punishes himself for it. Typically if someone breaks a rule, they apologize and/or slay, and learn from their mistake and try not to do it again. When Bill breaks a rule, he would apologize and sometimes slay, but for the most part he doesn't seem to understand the rules he does break, which is a bad thing considering admins should know the rules.

Overall, Bills inactivity and performance on the server has lead my vote to -1.

I really can't say anything else to be honest. Never saw the player on more then a couple times, and based on the GameME, the player is not that active. -1

I'm wondering if maybe you have been on holiday or anything, but with what my fellow jailbreak ( to be) admins have said about observing you it is indeed troubling.
I did mention that your microphone is pretty low quality and difficult to warden with. You said you would improve it and since then I haven't seen you in a while.
So this is me giving my -1. I don't see the dedication and you didn't really note us that you would become inactive during your application process. I did say dedication is key, and it's a shame it's ended like this.
I will say if you do decide to pursue this again (if you get declined), you have plenty of time to improve and show us wrong.

Going to tag this as under review. It's possible you could still show us what you got.

Applicant has message ZeroPC and ZeroPC message me that the applicant would like to retracted his app of the following reason:

upload_2018-10-9_12-43-11.png

You may re-apply again in one month if you wish too.

November 09, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread