Declined [Jailbreak] Autobalance REDs to BLU if there's too few BLUs and too many REDs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nergal Nergalton

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
OK, I know a lot of people (probably most) aren't gonna be big fans of this -- I can't really say for sure how popular or unpopular this is gonna be -- but please hear me out on this.

We all know there's a max ratio of 1:2 for BLUs and REDs; if there are too many BLUs that exceed that ratio (say 13 BLUs, 19 REDs), three or four BLUs will get autobalanced to RED. This is there to prevent there from being too many BLUs and making it feel unbalanced for the REDs, and give each team an equal chance to succeed in their goals (BLUs to have a successful round and REDs to rebel).

However, there have been many (and I mean MANY) rounds where there are way too few BLUs and too many REDS -- for example, only 2 or 3 BLUs up against 28 or 29 REDs. This makes the chances of a failround all too high, guard crits are very rarely helpful when so many REDs are able to gang up on a BLU, and most people don't like Cell Wars.

My suggestion is updating the autobalance mechanic so that REDs can be autobalanced to BLU should there be too few BLUs and too many REDs. My ideal minimum ratio is 1:3 (1 guard for every 3 REDs), that way REDs can be autobalanced to BLU should there be too few BLUs and too many REDs, while still allowing REDs who want to join BLU to do so.

The criteria for REDs being autobalanced to BLU is, of course, having a working mic; REDs who don't have a mic (or have yet to activate it for the map, or simply don't want to) can't be autobalanced.

What do you guys think?

• Dislike
Reactions: Ian
Honestly this the last suggestion I'm gonna make for a very VERY long time...

• Haha
Reactions: vinny
But if they dont have a mic, they will be send back to red team and the system will select next unfortunate red player, and if this guy also dont have mic, will have to select next player and if no mic then will select next.... You know what I mean.
Anyway, this suggestion is a pass for me ; \

But if they dont have a mic, they will be send back to red team and the system will select next unfortunate red player, and if this guy also dont have mic, will have to select next player and if no mic then will select next.... You know what I mean.
Anyway, this suggestion is a pass for me ; \
Ah it's all cool, I don't really care if this suggestion gets declined anyways. It's just something I wanted to see people's opinions of.

But if we do this really funny mass rebels will die and this is a future i do not wish to see

BLU’s getting steamrolled by reds isn’t really an issue that needs fixing imo. Every time that I see the situation where BLU team consistently failrounds over and over again, some reds usually end up going BLU anyway to help out because if blus consistantly fail it’s not really fun for reds either.

I managed to solo a round alone against 30 reds. Its possible.

there are multiple reasons why i think this shouldn’t happen

-some mics “verify” because it give some sort of audio while they aren't actually working this could cause there to be blue’s who dont have a (proper) mic.

-when you join blue you agree to all the rules and when you break one actions/moderations will be taken (most of the time), if you would force reds to be thrown in blue they might not know how to be warden/(blue in general)

I’d rather have 1 blue who might have little trouble but knows what they are doing then autobalanced blue’s that cause failround after failround… and like @_Black said, its very possible to have a non failround while being alone on blue

-not everyone with a mic always wants to play blue (this would drastically ruin the mood/fun to play jailbreak)

I could keep going with these rambles but i think you get my point.

Ya'll give good criticisms honestly so I think this should be declined IMO. Thanks for the honest feedback, even if it's all negative.

Reactions: Fairy and ballsack
so I think this should be declined IMO

I'll take this message as a retraction of the suggestion. I am also not sure how the system could even function without tons of exceptions and loopholes that in the end would defeat the purpose of the system. And not to mention the poll is currently standing at 20-0.

1652213059600.png

Declined, but thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread