Seelkadoom

SourceBans URL: Link
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Seelkadoom
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:50853785
Date and Time of the Ban: 05-10-15 12:52
Reason about the Ban: Spamming and insulting
Admin that Banned you: Madact
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:

It's been a year and I wouldn't have made this appeal if @Aokigahara didn't motivate me to do it. I've pretty much got used to being silent by now. 2 years of playing in this community have taught me a lot and made me some really nice friends and gave me enough experience to be mature and responsible for what I do. My sincerest apologies to everyone in the community. I will never break rules again. This is my last appeal and the last chance I'm asking.

Ok, so, I was not in the community when that happenned, tho I know the player good enough to say that his child-ish behavior is gone, since I played with him a lot I think he grew up and he's now mature enough to get the ability to speak in the chat . You might think that after 14 comms blocks he deserves his perm gag/mute I would totally aggree with you, tho his sessions are pretty good for a perm silenced player: https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/sessions/734409 . The player is really loyal to us, and it's now been one year since his punishment and for these reasons I think we could give him a last chance to prove he's not how he seems to be.
Seelkadoom: you trust me and I wouldn't disappoint you or any other person on the community but the older admins have only seen the bad of me while the newer ones haven't seen anything of me at all

• Friendly
Reactions: Seelkadoom
Here are the links to the previous unban appeals. Please do not get the wrong impression, I am only informing of the situation in the past of what happened.

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/unban-me-please.2188/#post-11393
This first perm was from Stabbin and was given a second chance.

The promise was broken and the silence went back up.

Here is an appeal for my silence I put up after it was broken, it was declined.
https://www.panda-community.com/threads/permagag-and-mute.5112/#post-30645

This was over a year ago and I would like to know what you guys think.

Even though my opinion won't matter much, I'd like to throw in my take on it. When a player is appropriately muted or gagged until it reaches the permanent mute/gag, then that's it. There is a reason for a permanent gag/mute to take place and if the application to lift the punishment is ultimately denied twice, then there's gotta be a reason for that. Even though it's been a year and you've matured up, the punishment has still been applied and it should be seen as a punishment not something that can go away after a while.

I might have the complete wrong view here, I might even be going mad for one. I'd agree to lift the mute/gag if the player has done well, but when the previous two appeals has been denied, I don't think it's worth a shot and the trust issues are clearly still remaining. Do remember though that I have nothing against you or anyone else and my opinion is ultimately not worth much in the end.

Even though I strongly agree with what Mertes said above here, we must not forget that we're just a gaming community. We're not the government and Seelkadoom hasn't killed 15 people. Reading your thread I can see that you've matured. If we had cases like this every week, we would make a black and white rule stating that after breaking the rules again even though a player already was muted permanently before, it would never again be removed. Though as a gaming community I don't believe we should be this black and white. I will vote for an unsilence on one condition. If you ever break another chat rule, we'll reinstate the perm and it will never be removed.

Well all right then :rolleyes:
Do keep in mind that if I find that you are breaking the rules again the perm silence will go back up and I will be very cross with you (my angry face --->ಠ_ಠ) as you would of broken the trust yet again. With every unban after a certain period I relook at the player again, so don't make me disappointed when I see a chat log full of 'stfu n***er kid' and stuff. We need a bit of hope that at least someone who makes an appeal is decent.

It's done. Don't let panda community down ::): Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread