Is Sweeper Roulette Ok? (part 2: lr only) (1 Viewer)

Should Sweeper Roulette be a LR only minigame?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doge Loaf

I'm pretty sure you all know what sweeper roulete is, but in case you don't, it's where all the reds go to the middle of sweeper and afk freeze. If it is used properly, all reds but one die. I made a post about this before, (https://www.panda-community.com/threads/is-sweeper-roulette-ok.18996/#post-96355) and people voted that it is not ok. I still think that it doesn't break any rules or fall under "explloit," but I'm not here to argue that. I'm wondering, if not played as a regular game, should at least be lr only. Much like how warday breaks rules, (inactive guards and possible freekilling) in the name of a fun stand alone round, I think sweeper roulette should be a nice lr only minigame. What do you think? Vote and post your thoughts below.

If it goes against a rule, setting it to LR-only doesn't change that. Also keep in mind this is a chance based game that ends the round instantly - this has NO point having an entire round dedicated to it.

See my response on that post for more information.

If it goes against a rule, setting it to LR-only doesn't change that.
Again, the only rule this might break is exploiting, but depending on your definition, I really don't think it falls under the category.

If exploiting is using a game in an unintended way, then telling the reds to be afk in crush game and hitting the balls in temple tumble is also exploiting. Honestly by defining it as this rules out literally any custom game inside minigames.
(Side question, is freeze dance technically a custom game? Disco never really came with a set of rules...)
keep in mind this is a chance based game that ends the round instantly
I understand that the way you intended it to be was just a small minigame to decide the fates of a few leftover reds, and I respect that, but the issue is that if you allow sweeper roulette with three people, you have to allow it with all reds unless specified in the rules, which could be a different option to allow this game.
this has NO point having an entire round dedicated to it.
Games like meatgrinder make a round over with fast and leave one red, and it's allowed as an lr, which is why I'm suggesting SR be lr only as well.

I don't understand why people don't like this game so much, but I think making it lr only or restricted to less then a certain amount of reds would be a nice solution.

I would also like to add that I am only making this post since the last one was kind of inconclusive, sure the vote said no, but people were still arguing about weather it actually broke a rule. If this post fails to give a decisive answer, I'm going to drop it since it's so controversial.

While this idea CAN be considered a unique way of utilizing a minigame in a creative way, it runs the risk of 1) killing ALL reds causing a failround (imagine this being done on minecart for example) 2) Can in some way be considered exploiting as the intent of sweeper is to dodge the sweeping bar and not be on it. Similar to how being on the edge of the podium is exploiting as you are not dying when the bar passes you without jumping, and 3) Has a game with a similar concept and is obviously legal to play: bumblebeam.

In the previous discussion there was a clear 12/6 twice as much NO than YES vote. While good arguements were made such as wardens being able to turn ff on in minigames when they werent meant to be played that way, making my point above hypocritical, games which 99.9% of the time kill almost/all the reds, should not be allowed. If there is even a chance that it could cause a failround, it should not be allowed.
(I guess thats why i hate wardens who turn collisions on at the last round of bumble beam saying to constantly jump lol)

I'll explain shortly to you why it's not allowed. Warden can have the reds play a minigame differently (which is perfectly fine) but is not allowed to change or modifiy the actual minigame's function in a way where the mapmaker did not intend it to be played that way.

Examples of what are allowed: REDS hitting boulders in temple tumble, warden forcing everyone to afk freeze in a minigame such as crush game, etc.

Aaand here's some examples of what isn't allowed: Sweeper roulette, hitting multiple buttons in stage caos, I bet there's more we haven't stumbled upon

Reactions: krown
Again, the only rule this might break is exploiting, but depending on your definition, I really don't think it falls under the category.

If exploiting is using a game in an unintended way, then telling the reds to be afk in crush game and hitting the balls in temple tumble is also exploiting. Honestly by defining it as this rules out literally any custom game inside minigames.
(Side question, is freeze dance technically a custom game? Disco never really came with a set of rules...)

Games like meatgrinder make a round over with fast and leave one red, and it's allowed as an lr, which is why I'm suggesting SR be lr only as well.

Yes, but meatgrinder isn't exploiting any game

I don't understand why people don't like this game so much
Cuz' it's boring and there are more fun ways to kill reds, it's luck based and if there are not a lot of reds, I don't think they would like that, they want to get lr because they actually followed the orders and tried not to rebel and a luck game just kills them - that's not fun

I would also like to add that I am only making this post since the last one was kind of inconclusive, sure the vote said no, but people were still arguing about weather it actually broke a rule. If this post fails to give a decisive answer, I'm going to drop it since it's so controversial.

No means NO

Exploiting is against the rules, and honestly before I had powers on jailbreak id always just jump so either I'd survive or somebody else would jump and survive causing a failround. It's basically impossible to avoid & making it LR only doesn't make sense. Just play bumblebeam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread