Declined Ice- Unban (DB Server) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

SourceBans Ban URL:
https://bans.panda-community.com/in...rch=STEAM_0:1:72482328&advType=steamid&Submit

Name of your Banned Steam Account:
Ice-

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:72482328

Date and Time of the Ban:
08-17-16 06:11 (MST)

Reason about the Ban:
Stealing Rockets on the Dodge Ball server.

Admin that Banned you:
Tsumiki

Why should you receive a unban for the ban:
I understand the rules and guidelines of the dodge ball server, yes I stole the rocket. One time earlier, I had stolen the rocket of the admin instinctively as it was extremely close to me and the second time because I would have died from it. As she said she was leaving I jokingly said "Finally, I can steal :^)" and that was what triggered the ban. I in no way intentionally tried to steal and I never do it to cause any trouble. I have been playing on panda a lot for the passed few days as I have just gotten back into TF2. Hopefully I can be un-banned as I would like to play again. (I even got an ok from another staff member that if you're going to die from a rocket directed towards you, but not yours, it is ok to air blast it.) :c I'm very sorry @Tsumiki.

SourceBans Ban URL:
https://bans.panda-community.com/in...rch=STEAM_0:1:72482328&advType=steamid&Submit

Name of your Banned Steam Account:
Ice-

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:72482328

Date and Time of the Ban:
08-17-16 06:11 (MST)

Reason about the Ban:
Stealing Rockets on the Dodge Ball server.

Admin that Banned you:
Tsumiki

Why should you receive a unban for the ban:
I understand the rules and guidelines of the dodge ball server, yes I stole the rocket. One time earlier, I had stolen the rocket of the admin instinctively as it was extremely close to me and the second time because I would have died from it. As she said she was leaving I jokingly said "Finally, I can steal :^)" and that was what triggered the ban. I in no way intentionally tried to steal and I never do it to cause any trouble. I have been playing on panda a lot for the passed few days as I have just gotten back into TF2. Hopefully I can be un-banned as I would like to play again. (I even got an ok from another staff member that if you're going to die from a rocket directed towards you, but not yours, it is ok to air blast it.) :c I'm very sorry @Tsumiki.

Well, I was on the server with you with two other admins. You got slain about 3 or more times for stealing. Also, right before I was going to leave, you said that you can finally steal. However, you claim that to be a joke. Joke or not, players tend to break the rules when admins aren't on the server. Knowing that you steal a lot, I believe it was right to ban you. As for stealing, I was somewhat lenient knowing that you've been slain a couple of times by another admin other than myself and didn't ban you instantly. I was sure that you had been slain about 3 times. I gave you another chance but you ended up stealing anyways. Therefore, I banned you.

I know the rules and follow them to the best of my ability. I tend to play on a couple different servers, all of which stealing is allowed except on panda. I do not do it purposly nor to try and break rules as a rebellion against the admins. I dont steal on purpose either, usually I tend to steal when the rocket gets too close to me (going to kill me). I also tend to airblast a lot toward the rocket predictively which was taken as "attempting to steal". I do this so that when it is switched to me I can quickly redirect. I understood from another staff member that youre allowed to airblast the rocket if youre going to die from it, even if it isnt yours (you cant always move out of the way fast enough). I wouldnt want this staff member in trouble if this is false. Thanks for replying so quickly.

I know the rules and follow them to the best of my ability. I tend to play on a couple different servers, all of which stealing is allowed except on panda. I do not do it purposly nor to try and break rules as a rebellion against the admins. I dont steal on purpose either, usually I tend to steal when the rocket gets too close to me (going to kill me). I also tend to airblast a lot toward the rocket predictively which was taken as "attempting to steal". I do this so that when it is switched to me I can quickly redirect. I understood from another staff member that youre allowed to airblast the rocket if youre going to die from it, even if it isnt yours (you cant always move out of the way fast enough). I wouldnt want this staff member in trouble if this is false. Thanks for replying so quickly.

I wasn't there for the rest of the time (I saw you for like 3 min then left the server) but I'm here to comment on the "stealing if the rocket is going to kill you."

Honestly, I don't mind if you steal it if it's,
1. Over 120/130 mph (depending on skill level)
2. If it's a horrid random switch
3. You can't even move, but after that, you HAVE to move instead of staying there taking rockets
4. If someone accidentally orbits into you

I'm guessing some admin(s) (I am not sure) do not like stealing AT ALL. As I was like this at first, but I became more lenient when punishing. Also goes for players statuing near the middle of the map; you tell them to move and any further stealing will result in a slay then ban.

Sometimes it's really hard to predict if the rocket is going to kill you, I get it. Just let it kill you if you're unsure about it. Maybe you've been literally dragging the rockets from the corner of your screen; that's unacceptable and visible that the rocket wasnt going to kill you.

Next time, step away from people that are behind/near you. Also, joking or not, saying that just makes the admins more suspicious of you. I had a player ask the server one time if the admin was on so he could mic spam. What's similar is that you know the rules and announcing that you're going to break them as a "joke" is just making it worse.

I understood from another staff member that youre allowed to airblast the rocket if youre going to die from it, even if it isnt yours (you cant always move out of the way fast enough). I wouldnt want this staff member in trouble if this is false.

That staff member would be me haha. No worries man; I'm not at wrong. It's completely fine to steal rockets, if they're directed towards you, and you're able to clear out of its way. However, this doesn't mean you can run towards the rockets, steal 'em, and use the excuse, "It was going to kill me." That's considered purposely stealing.

Btw, I'm not accusing you of purposely stealing, just informing. I've played with you before, and I know you only steal, when it's necessary.

• Friendly
Reactions: Tsumiki
First you steal and blame the "I had to because it was going to hit me" like everyone else does after being slain and warned and then jokingly said "Finally, I can steal :^)" when the admin is leaving. Rarely is a steal necessary, ever. Good luck on your appeal but if I were you I would deal with the short ban then come back in and do it right.
Just my 2 cents man.

• Agree
Reactions: Tsumiki
I'm just going to point out the obvious here. ICE has been banned previously for the same thing of stealing and attempting to steal, has witnessed me countless times slay people for stealing, and even has stolen since his punishment. This is a clear breach of the rules and joking or not it's taken seriously if you are going to openly admit you are going to steal. Ban should not be lifted due to him not understanding the rules fully and this is the second offense for the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread