Accepted iamhuman "STEAM_0:1:60726659" Unmute Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

SourceBans Ban URL: Click here

Name of your Banned Steam Account: human

Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:1:60726659

Date and Time of the Ban: 6/24/2021, 6:32 PM EST

Reason about the Ban: micspam

Admin that Banned you: @Random Coffee Table

Elaboration of situation and reason for appeal: The incident occured at the end of one of the rounds on Panda-Community.com US Jailbreak. I recently purchased a new headset that has little to no echo or feedback from other sources, so I created a bind that keeps my microphone on rather than a push-to-talk system so I can talk in game while playing as it is more convenient. I had muted my Team Fortress 2 audio while watching a video and noticed that a new round had started. I was getting ready to play and I then received a mute for micspam.

The only explanation I could give is that my microphone must of stayed on during the round while I did not notice, or it was possibly turned on while alt-tabbing in game to see if the round had ended yet. I had found out the mute was specifically for chewing on the microphone. Without given context of the situation, that is exactly what I was doing. I happened to be chewing on food while watching a video.

I understand I have a very recent and previous history of micspam, but the mute preceding this one was for using a soundboard, which I learned from and decided not to use as one week without using the microphone did certainly get frustrating at times.

To add on to Random Coffee Table's side, I admit to being loud on the microphone the previous round as warden. Me and another player where showing excitement and I must of gotten loud enough to be warned for micspam.

Given the situation, I realized that Random Coffee Table was only doing his duty as a staff member, and after giving a warning, he muted accordingly after a second offense, and followed the stacking system that resulted in a one month mute.

I also realize the bind is not really the best idea given that any noises can happen that can be heard in-game and can easily be considered micspam like it was during this incident. All I ask is to be given this chance as I was not aware at all of the events leading to this mute, and that I fully understand the responsibility I have as a player to follow rules and guidelines of the server.

-Thank you.

Sorry for the wait, this took a little bit to make a decision one.

I'd like to start by thanking you for a well written and logical appeal. We don't get those very often and the majority of the team was impressed by the maturity displayed in it. It also helped your case quite a bit, bringing to light a logical reasoning for the mic to be on and why the noise was in the background. It lined up with what you had said earlier on the server and supported your argument well.

The difficulty comes from a couple facets, all which you acknowledged. You have been previously muted 4 times for micspam and you were warned earlier. It should be expected that you know what the rule is at this point considering that you have been punished for it multiple times and applied to be an admin showing and understanding of the rules. You were eating on mic and that is an unintelligible sound over the mic, the definition of mic spam on the server.

The crux of this argument lies in how loud it was. Obviously you didn't realize your mic was on and I remember Salguod being incensed over it as well. After looking back on the incident (I, unfortunately, didn't have any recording going at the time), I agree. It was certainly there, noticeable, and I latched onto it quickly focusing my attention on that to understand it more clearly. In doing so I lost track of the volume of it, barely making it over the usual din of the chaos known as the end of round where everyone decides they need to be on mic, it is barely considered to be mic spam if at all. Combined with a logical explanation of why it was unintentional and an understanding to change how you used the mic because you hated your previous mute, I think this should be accepted.

Thank you RCT, I will make sure something like this does not happen again. And of course if it does, then I will know what is coming.

Sorry for the delay I've removed the mute now.

Accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread