Accepted iamhuman "STEAM_0:1:60726659" Unmute Appeal 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

SourceBans Ban URL: Click here

Name of your Banned Steam Account: human

Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:1:60726659

Date and Time of the Ban: 8/17/2021 23:42:28

Reason about the Ban: voicechanger

Admin that Banned you: @Random Coffee Table

Elaboration of situation and reason for appeal: Hello, I was recently muted for micspamming about 7 weeks ago from the time of this thread being posted. I've recently been muted again, but this time I can't really come to terms with why the mute is valid this time around. I request that you watch this video just to understand the situation of what happened.

This is what RCT said after the mute was given in explanation for the mute.

1629260652632.png

I would completely agree if it wasn't for the fact that I was not using a voice changer. If more proof is needed, I can upload more. But I ask all staff to please review this and verify whether this mute is justified.

Thank you.

The reason I think it is/ was a voicechanger is because your mic was honestly fine until about a week or so ago. You had stopped mic spamming with the only exception being a legitimate mistake that was rightfully appealed and removed. The problem I have is that about a week or two ago your mic was obviously distorted, way outside of normal levels of distortion that come with the cheap mics that all of us use. Obviously I can't expect everyone to be using $10k B&K microphones that pick up the slightest changes in frequency and are incredibly clear so some distortion is fine, but I feel that yours goes too far. It clips and compresses a ton at higher volumes and frequencies very similar to a distortion affect that can be put on a mic, a guitar, anything like that. Even under normal levels, there is a very obvious compression and some distortion that can make it hard to understand. Your mic didn't use to sound like this, which is why I labelled it as a voice changer because that was the only conclusion I could find other than you dropping your mic in water a few times to clip that badly.

A decent amount of the JB staff has noted how bad your mic has been lately and while perhaps the mute should be reclassified as "bad mic" instead of it being a voice changer, I personally think it should stay. There are times when it is fine enough but there have been plenty of times where you become really hard to understand because your mic clips and distorts everything. If you can, I'd look into your mic's settings to see if there is a way to lower the gain/ compression levels as I think that could help lower the distortion levels that are coming through.

Finally, it should be noted that if this mute stands, it should be adjusted to being a month. Checking comms in games showed that this would be 6 and I forgot that the last one was appealed and accepted, meaning that it should be stack 5, not stack 6.

I don't want to argue with the things you said because there is more than one witness to the issues with my microphone.

But I can't help but notice that the audio from in-game on your side is showcasing a distorted audio via the microphone from almost everyone on the videos. Note that even Banana and Shy Bandit both sound distorted in the videos

It makes me think that the audio distortion is client-sided to your Team Fortress 2 engine.

I will work on decreasing the volume of the microphone, I think I may have found a solution online to using an external program to lower the volume of it as well.

Hear the difference between my recording and yours on the last clip at the 0:15 mark.
I'm sure human can provide his side of things too for your other clips.
It isn't distortion from his end, everyone sounds distorted on YOUR end.
EDIT: His mic is fine in these clips so he shouldn't even be muted for "bad mic", its just loud.

Reactions: Mark!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread