I got muted. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeefyTurban

Name of your Banned Steam Account: A Mild Mannered Viking Jew
Steam ID: 31415948162342
Date and Time of the Ban: do not know.
Reason about the Ban: presumably mic spamming.
Admin that Banned you: do not know.

I use a built in microphone on my computer to play music through the mic. People usually enjoy it. I was told once to stop by, who i now assume was an admin, someone who didn't say they were an admin or anything, just "Stop playing music". That happens sometimes when I play music, so I just shrug it off. I logged off after that and when I got back on later, I was muted.

The template asks you to put a link to your mute here. That way, you can see the information, so you don't have to fill in "don't know" everywhere.

https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=Mild&advType=name

That is the link to the mute. Admin who muted you: me.

Another reason why you should look up the link is to see how long it will take; it's literally over in less than an hour from now, so it was hardly any use appealing.

Playing music is a bit controversial: some people like it, some don't. The ones who don't can mute the person, and in a perfect world everyone would know how to. Unfortunately the majority of players do not know this is possible, and it is a hassle explaining to everyone what to do. Sometimes when everyone thinks its alright (apart from maybe 1 or 2 people) it's an exception, however most of the time it is not like this.

To be on the safe side, I mostly don't allow it. I don't know how others feel about this.

I'm going to leave my statement here as a sidenote.
From what I can see in the ban appeal, it looks like the person here who has been muted seems to have stopped playing music once stopped, so personaly I wouldn't see a 2 day mute fit. But I wasn't there, so just take it as a sidenote.

Apparently he didn't, or I wouldn't have made it 2 days. I don't know how it's possible that he only noticed when he joined again later; I don't even remember him. It may have been that someone else reported him to me, and in that case I sure as hell checked whether he was warned sufficiently before making it 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread