I created a functional cp map, still WIP (1 Viewer)

Da Random

Overview
So as of now, I am working on a little project I thought would be a good idea. I have some things planned, but the layout is top priority right now.

Gamemode: Control Points
Map Name: cp_port
Map Size: ≈6MB
Recommended Number of Players: 16-24 (Can possibly be used to play 32 players too)

I have been working about 3-4 days as of writing and I have made some good progress on it IMO (for being 1 person that is). While I'm still learning, it will probably not be finished any time soon because of limited knowledge at this point.

Downloads/Installation
Here is a download to the map:
https://cloud.panda-community.li/index.php/s/07oVwZI41E7NrX7
Current Map Version: v2 (Includes a .nav file if you want to play around with bots!)

1. To install, simply locate your "maps" folder where you installed the game. (This is usually placed in ..Steam/Steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/maps, where the ".." is your drive where the game is located. i.e "C:" , "D:\" etc.)

2.A) Start the game and type the following in the developer console: map cp_port.
2.B) OR press the "Create a Server" button in the main menu, and select the map from the dropdown box.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Screenshots
Initial Spawns. All screenshots are RED followed by BLU.
i76m.png
hwlg.png

Initial spawn control points.
973d.png
r97x.png

Another view of the initial area
bjui.png
jn26.png

Underground passage, as suggested by some. Leads to the enemy spawn.
sfp0.png
denp.png

A flank to the middle area.
sfp0.png
r4w5.png

Second control points before middle.
r4pu.png
6fkn.png

Middle Spawns, now functional to be accessible when you capture 4/5 of the control points.
mnyz.png
rj8t.png

Middle area, unchanged since v.1
xboj.png
9plo.png

Feedback
If you wish to leave any feedback/ideas/suggestions, just comment down below (DUH).

This project is protected under Creative Commons 4.0 Licensing
88x31.png

You must credit the original author(s) of this project.
You are prohibited from using this in any commercial way for profit.
Any redistributions must follow this licensing provided.
Read more...

The reason I'm doing this is to make sure no one uses my map and credit it as their own, I don't want people stealing my shit. Of course, you are free to play this map (heck even use it on your server!), as long as you don't do anything I wouldn't do without permission, which is modifying the map and distributing it for your own profit.

Yes I just licensed this map, problem?

This post will update at times.

Last edited:
I'm gonna run it on my server! :D

Reactions: Da Random
  • Funny
Reactions: TheDo0octor
simplistic, yet awesome. I like it.^^
But maybe you can put some more detail into the map design. For example: since the spawns look kinda empty, you could place some wallpapers in there.

simplistic, yet awesome. I like it.^^
But maybe you can put some more detail into the map design. For example: since the spawns look kinda empty, you could place some wallpapers in there.
I have that planned to add some more aesthetics to the spawn areas. But as I said in the OP, my main focus right now is getting the layout of the map sorted.

You could maybe add a underground passage (with the size of the Vents from Turbine) leading from one base to the other

Reactions: Flynt
You could maybe add a underground passage (with the size of the Vents from Turbine) leading from one base to the other
This is also planned, but maybe not a whole underground passage from one base to the other. But do expect some kind of tunnels

1. This map look like sheet
  2. Layout is not good
  3. "Gimme Love"
  4. *Sarcasm*
  5. #Promoting

• Funny
Reactions: Da Random
Reactions: TheDo0octor
Here are some *teaser* screenshots of the next version.
63a4.png
d530.png

Honestly, it might feel a little bit too big as of now, but that's just because I haven't added any props or clutter. And also, the playerclip on the roof is temporary, I'll change it over later.

• Creative
Reactions: Heratade and Lighty
ULTRA-MEGA-SUPER-FANTASTIC BUMP!
Public indev v.2 is now out!

Notable changes:

• The layout has been put in place, tweaking may or may not occur in future versions.
  • Improved some areas aesthetically.
  • Tunnels!
  • Bot support. However this is still not perfect, needs manual editing.
  • Fully functional rounds.
Edit: Fixed the link

Last edited:
Small little bump, in case anyone cares.

Reactions: mosteraz

Users who are viewing this thread