Hungergames on Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Cammy

So I just happened across a particular scenario...

We were ordered to go to the knife pit on the Jailbreak Minecraft map and to afk freeze inside the pit.
After everyone had arrived, the warden said we were not allowed to move... Several seconds later, the warden declared Hungergames and turned friendlyfire on.

Naturally, everyone started moving because well.. It's hunger games.. The key objective is to kill everyone and be the last person alive.
After some 15-20 seconds, the warden declared everyone KOS because they had moved.

Obviously, me being me, I went into a rant about how that is completely wrong (with my current understanding of the Jailbreak rules).

With my understanding, once Hungergames is declared, you must fight everyone on your team for the LR... With the "No-move" order, you cannot fight your teammates, so you would be declared KOS. As stated above, once Hungergames was declared, everyone started moving to fight.

In this particular case, is it a fail as a warden or is it a legitimate "trick" (using the term loosely since I still think the warden messed up).

I believe that in the case of a Hungergames declaration... The moment the friendyfire is turned on, any movement-restricting commands are nullified.

TL;DR:Does invoking the Hungergames command and then turning on FF mean that any movement based commands are nullified?

If this is hard to understand, I do have a demo of such an event occurring, but I'd rather keep the players involved anonymous.

If he announced hungry games was starting and turned on ff then yes. Though if someone is going around tricking people for free kills for their points on gameME is probably just sad. I think we put a rule in about tricking with names, I hope it's not continuing to the point where they trick people in games.

It wasn't a trick, the warden announced hunger-games, turned it on and then declared everyone KOS for moving.

Wondering if it should be a hunger-games specific rule that once FriendlyFire is turned on for official Hungergames, it should nullify any movement restrictions the warden has given.

If he announced hungry games was starting and turned on ff then yes. Though if someone is going around tricking people for free kills for their points on gameME is probably just sad. I think we put a rule in about tricking with names, I hope it's not continuing to the point where they trick people in games.
Hungry Games, I like that

The problem is (in this particulair case) that the people who actually obey the order (being afk-frozen) die because their teammates kill them (who are KOS because they are moving). I think that it is unfair because you die by following the orders of the warden (by your teammates while you can't fight while FF is on), that isn't supposed to be Jailbreak.

A solution: FF can only be turned on when the players are actually allowed to make use of it (so without being KOS).

Reactions: Madact
Is it possible to debate whether a hunger-games specific rule could be implemented about this?

I gave the warden of that round a... Stern yelling(if you can call it that) - Stayed to the point with no insulting.

He ended up muting me (manually) after sounding extremely salty on the mic.

Edit: As I've said, passive-aggressive attitude.

The way the orders work is that if you make an order to for example in this case, AFK Freeze. Doing an order that does not follow the freezing part overwrites the previous order. Hence it was farming points by saying they were KoS

Reactions: Wolf
I'll bear that in mind next time the offending warden tries to pull it. Thanks for the extra information Da Random.

Would it count as freekilling however or is it just an extremely dirty form of warden gameplay?

The way the orders work is that if you make an order to for example in this case, AFK Freeze. Doing an order that does not follow the freezing part overwrites the previous order. Hence it was farming points by saying they were KoS

This is the correct awnser for this matter.

A simple example for this is: All Prisoners stay AFK on the yellow line, followed with please follow me in group (example)
You won't kill all the prisoners because they had to be AFK on the Yellow line' prisoners will follow the Wardens orders, the most recent order given will overrule the old one.

Reactions: Da Random
yea, the warden should have precised he wanted prisonners to be AFK DURING the hunger games.

Users who are viewing this thread