Declined Hi, how can I help? :D (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first one's age-value on the profile is meant to be a joke. I've already commented about the latter.

Not a joke

/off topic

While some people actually thought Xavier's English is not good enough, as I said, it passes for me.
His English is decent enough for being an admin, the only issue with language parts is that he was chatting a bit too much in dutch for me to be able to review him, but that's a minor point.

Then I don't understand why people complain about the applicant's English.

There is a difference between applicant and admins.
You should enquire more, before create your thesis.

People can lie? :O

Yes, people can say "I'm 16" but they're 11.
That's why your "rule" is pretty fallible and useless

I think the first one's age-value on the profile is meant to be a joke. I've already commented about the latter.

So you're telling me that Ron's age on his forum profile is a fake ?
Ron is really 13, what would be the interest of lying in our ages ? Tss...
By the way, he's an admin since a long time here, I think he was 11 or 12, but he still a pretty mature and useful admin.

I have yet too see an eleven year old in person who I'd give command access.

Just because he's eleven ? I've already saw pretty good admins in games, but they had an age around 11-12 though.

I think you misunderstand. I am not applying for being an admin who smiles and moderates. I'd write plugins. I'd offer my expertise and not my abilities in jibber-jabbing, so I don't understand why I should reply to each and every post being made. Most things are personal matters. If there is a matter of reason, I usually say something. (enough OT at this point)

And honestly, regarding all that sarcasm and taking my suggestions personally, I think you justify the theoretical age restriction I've proposed
in your case.

I know, it doesn't mean that you can't be sometimes in the servers, like Stabbin or Ron (they're basically developpers).
I also don't think that we would accept to recruit you if this is just for plugins, I think that we have already enough people for that.

I'd offer my expertise and not my abilities in jibber-jabbing, so I don't understand why I should reply to each and every post being made : Because being active on the forum make us know how you are with the community and how is your behavior, we can also evaluate your maturity for example.
That's also what I'm seeing actually.

"If there is a matter of reason, I usually say something" : I argue.

"And honestly, regarding all that sarcasm and taking my suggestions personally, I think you justify the theoretical age restriction I've proposed" : Gotcha, I'm 16, so it doesn't justify your so-called theoretical age restriction, it totally discredits it.
I didn't disrespected you, you're just thinking/affirming wrong things.

If you want to continue this debate, send me a PM.
If you want to complain about your application, go complain on yours, and not on the other.

Stop posting here about that now, it's Xavier's application.

Not a joke[...]

Oh that is interesting and explains a lot (in good and bad ways).

@Electrod:
There is a lot of flaming in your post, and while you are suggesting to move the conversation to pms, I cannot agree with that because in my opinion there is simply no place for flaming.

[...]Yes, people can say "I'm 16" but they're 11.
That's why your "rule" is pretty fallible and useless[...]

People can lie about everything. The meaning behind an age restriction is that you can in fact refer to other qualities from age if we are talking about lower ages. In this regard there is no point in lying as those qualities and their existence come out either way. Also note that a rule is a guideline and not law.
Also if age was entirely useless you wouldn't have to mention it in the application.

[...]So you're telling me that Ron's age on his forum profile is a fake ?
Ron is really 13, what would be the interest of lying in our ages ? Tss...
By the way, he's an admin since a long time here, I think he was 11 or 12, but he still a pretty mature and useful admin.[...]

First of all there is a difference between a blunt lie and a joke.
Second: I can't say much about Ron, because so far I haven't had the chance to have a talk with him or share/show some work. I have added him a few days after my application because there was the reasonable need to take a look at my work. But so far nothing else ever happened, that meeting never took place. That's why I mentioned my application, because there doesn't seem to be time taken for consideration as there was simply no getting to know each other. I found that very odd.

[...]I think that we have already enough people for that.[...]

I wouldn't have applied if I thought the community wouldn't profit from me.
The dodgeball server still has no workaround for the annoying sound bug (educated guess, but I'll check in a minute) and I have seen Rudgers work and the exploits at hand. (Two brief examples to give you a different perspective)

Regarding the rest:
I am active here on the forums a lot and you can safely assume that I read every posting here.

Regarding the topic:
[...]
While some people actually thought Xavier's English is not good enough, as I said, it passes for me.
His English is decent enough for being an admin, the only issue with language parts is that he was chatting a bit too much in dutch for me to be able to review him, but that's a minor point.[...]

Okay, so I get your concern, although you were not the only one. I wouldn't mind his Dutch-speaking too much, maybe he was addressing other Dutchies or speaking with friends. He is not an admin yet, so there was no need for that kind of transparency.

Stop it guys, this is getting way irrelevant. Electrod WAS right you know, this is not the place for it. Take it somewhere else.

Stop it guys, this is getting way irrelevant. Electrod WAS right you know, this is not the place for it. Take it somewhere else.

In this regard, yes. Note that without Electrod this whole chunk wouldn't be there in the first place. ;)
But enough talk so far. There is no point in this and I've said and explained what I had to say.

....I dunno, I thought my English was pretty good. .-.

tl;dr I'll read and comment later.

We talked it over today and sadly decided that you do not have the qualities to be admin for us. Maybe some time in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread