Declined Hi, how can I help? :D (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavier

Hello Panda-Community,
I will introduce myself.

My..
Name: Xavier
Nickname: xavier .:[Summer Panda]:.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80746052

Playtimes: I've played more than 500 hours on record. I do not play on hard
times, but if I have to do anything or go anywhere I always play
Team Fortress 2.

If I have a microphone: Yes, I use my microphone quite often, especially to warn of
things they should not say or do. Actually only in voice chat
in the deathrun. Otherwise never actually.

My experience with admin / mod: I was an admin in the game Crossfire Europe, but I don't
play the game anymore. But I know a little bit how to use
gag and mute on players, also the menu for admins.

Which Panda community server I always play: Acutally I always play in the deathrun server,
but I also play in Saxton Hale and Dodgeball.

My experience with SourceMod: Not much, I once downloaded it, but it wants for
some reason does not work. I tried several things,
but nothing helps. So I know not much, only the
things from the video's.

Why should I be chosen? I can be very helpful to keep peace in the server, actually I know most of the rules. Not that admins can always be online, just like me, but i'm pretty much online and can help properly.

What I would give as a punishment: I would give the appropriate punishment for the mistake that the player makes. I am not hard about punishments, but want them to understand what they are doing wrong so they can stop after the penalty what they did wrong, but before it after a warning is ofcourse much better!

I speak and write pretty good English. I chat much with kitty cat and Stabbin where I can
ask everything about being an admin to. I want to thank you in advance if you read this,
and let me know if I can do anything for Panda Community!
.. Xavier

Last edited:
Reactions: Kodeko
Alrighty: first of all:
-> English is understandable,but not very great. You're still young so i'm guessing(hoping) this will improve over time.

Layout is fine. Properly spaced and you actually answered the questions.

"but if I have to do anything or go anywhere I always play
Team Fortress."

->Team Fortress Pocket Edition?

Playtimes: I've played more than 450 hours on record.
nono,we didn't ask for total playtime. we asked for an estimated schedule of your playtime,or at least your online times.

and then there's the "Why should we choose you" part...

Because I am much online in the Panda Community
just like every other regular player..?

and often there are no admins in the server.
Y'know, uh, the admins also have school,a job,or a different timezone. True, we could use more activity,especially on maps with easter eggs/glitches, but you can't expect admins to be online 24/7

Plus, your timezone is the same as Stabbin's and Saxton's (not that saxton is online anyway,LOL)

So players who do not comply with the rules will not be
punished
That's true,but it's not like having an admin present will stop idiots from being idiots. best you can do is kick them and wait for the next idiot to join and start sperging all over the server.

I usually say something to them, but they
don't listen.

See previous point about idiots.

To counter that, I would be an admin
to hold somewhat under control.

you cannot contain the worst of idiots. many have tried and many have failed.

I am also pretty present
and say something quickly.

Lots of regulars,who KNOW and FOLLOW our rules also point people in the right direction but some people just need that extra admin push to get it in their walnut brains.

Okay,on to the Punishments...

If don't speak EnglishWAT and spamming in the
chat and voicechat 3x first give a warning and
if it does not stop, mute the player.

This is supposed to be one sentence yeah?

When spamming
or when they disrespect other players and whether
the player instults 2x warn and otherwise mute and
gaggen so the player can not go into the voice
chat.

This seems like the correct thign to do

When players discriminate, hack or glitch,
I would immediately give a bann.

I'm not sure,but i think for discriminating players i'd first give a warning and then kick them,if they return and start again,a ban would follow,but that's just my method.

and of course,hacks deserve a ban and glitches deserve a slay/kick

That's about it. don't get mad at me when you read this,it's what i do for a living.
Don't be hatin' on mah pink bruh

No final vote yet because i haven't played tf2 with you in like forever and three days so ye, let others decide.

Last edited:
Reactions: xavier
Post incoming...

42048-Dis-gon-b-gud-gif-ngmE.gif

Couldn't resist.

As for me, I think the English is not up to par. You seem like a good guy but you added me only a few days ago and said you wanted to get acquainted with us first before applying, which I encouraged you to do. Now you're already here with an application? I hardly know you, not sure about the rest.

Well,

Barely know you, all you did is just post a Hi post and that's it... barely counts for me.
You seem to be insulting from time to time... not too much, but still.
English is meh, passes.

You didn't say what you would do about people who are teaming/delaying, just saying, which is one of the most popular things in deathrun.

You seem to speak dutch half of the time, while it's in the chat and it doesn't break any rules, you would have to stick a bit more to English.

I don't have a final vote yet, so I will wait for others' opinions.

View attachment 781

Couldn't resist.

As for me, I think the English is not up to par. You seem like a good guy but you added me only a few days ago and said you wanted to get acquainted with us first before applying, which I encouraged you to do. Now you're already here with an application? I hardly know you, not sure about the rest.

I just let it come to me, if it is not, then it is not. I just want to do something and not sit in the tunnel when players do not follow the rules! As you said, I will accept the consequences.

Last edited:
My thoughts have already been posted by Kitty Cat and basically the rest of the guys in here. (also gg on that pic kevin, made me giggle).
I personally don't know you too much, but from what I've expirienced and heard by some person (*cough steb cough*), you seem like a not-too-friendly person, and also a bothering person. Not sure if my brain is fokking with me or something, but I remember you once insulting me or something, dunno tho. Also this app isn't going too well tbh.

My thoughts have already been posted by Kitty Cat and basically the rest of the guys in here. (also gg on that pic kevin, made me giggle).
I personally don't know you too much, but from what I've expirienced and heard by some person (*cough steb cough*), you seem like a not-too-friendly person, and also a bothering person. Not sure if my brain is fokking with me or something, but I remember you once insulting me or something, dunno tho. Also this app isn't going too well tbh.

I do not know why I'm awkward and difficult person..
Can you explain?

Didixo said that, in his opinion, you don't seem to be someone who's friendly, but someone who's embarrassing, according to the informations that he obtained.
Also, he's not sure of this but you might have insulted him one day.
That's all.

I personnally feel doubtful about your application, but I don't see which big reproaches could we make to you except the fact that you're insulting from time to time.
I have nothing other to say, show and prove.

I don't understand why people are criticizing his English. Sure, he is Dutch, but he is only 13(!) and I have seen a lot worse from community representatives.

Regardless, I think an age restriction should be in order for applications (albeit a low one, obviously, given the average age of the current admins). Sure age != maturity (I know 4 year olds surpassing adults in that criteria), but I have yet to see a half-way mature tf2(!) admin applicant in that age range.

I don't understand why people are criticizing his English. Sure, he is Dutch, but he is only 13(!) and I have seen a lot worse from community representatives.

Regardless, I think an age restriction should be in order for applications (albeit a low one, obviously, given the average age of the current admins). Sure age != maturity (I know 4 year olds surpassing adults in that criteria), but I have yet to see a half-way mature tf2(!) admin applicant in that age range.

When we are looking for an admin we can hardly say "Oh his English isn't good but it's fine for a 13-year-old". That does not make him any more understandable to the players all of a sudden.

If we put an age restriction in it would be so low that it would hardly matter. Only one or two of the apps we've gotten would have been stopped that way. You know, if they would even have looked at the How To...

Reactions: Electrod
Didixo said that, in his opinion, you don't seem to be someone who's friendly, but someone who's embarrassing, according to the informations that he obtained.
Also, he's not sure of this but you might have insulted him one day.
That's all.

I personnally feel doubtful about your application, but I don't see which big reproaches could we make to you except the fact that you're insulting from time to time.
I have nothing other to say, show and prove.
Okay, thanks to answer..

Like he said, I don't have always the best Englisch, but I learn everyday..
Okay, sometimes when I don't know a word I just try to find it and learn it.
And it's not that i'm Dutch that my Englisch could be bad, hopefully you'll understand!

When we are looking for an admin we can hardly say "Oh his English isn't good but it's fine for a 13-year-old". That does not make him any more understandable to the players all of a sudden.[...]

Okay, let me rephrase as I was actually trying to be polite: There are staff members with worse English skills.

[...]If we put an age restriction in it would be so low that it would hardly matter. Only one or two of the apps we've gotten would have been stopped that way.[...]

16 would be a good start in my opinion.

[...]You know, if they would even have looked at the How To.

Personally, I'd consider this a no-go. I'd sort these out right away.
Keeping in mind that I am still "pending" for whatever reason. No one actually ever talks to me, I find that odd.

[...]And it's not that i'm Dutch that my Englisch could be bad, hopefully you'll understand!

I actually meant the direct opposite. You Dutchies seem to be one of the best non-native English speakers, directly placed under Sweden in my observational rating. Whereas people in German-speaking countries have very bad English speakers on average (by which I mean almost everyone sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger; yes school was quite frustrating yet entertaining for me back then).

Okay, let me rephrase as I was actually trying to be polite: There are staff members with worse English skills.

HEY MR GREN ERRUW MY ENGLISCH IS PRITTY GOOD
K THX BAI

This was just a joke.

Well, just as EvoWarrior said the age is not always an excuse. Also the "lot worse community representatives", I've never seen anyone of the current Staff group who has a lot worse English skill than the rest here. (Also, for the sake of it I too am 13, so there is your half-way mature tf2 admin applicant I guess, unless I am over-estimating myself.)

Well, just as EvoWarrior said the age is not always an excuse. Also the "lot worse community representatives", I've never seen anyone of the current Staff group who has a lot worse English skill than the rest here.[...]

Difficult to answer to that particular phrasing, difficult topic anyway.

[...](Also, for the sake of it I too am 13, so there is your half-way mature tf2 admin applicant I guess, unless I am over-estimating myself.)

Yes, you are the exception from what I have read so far. :p

Their english are understandable, otherwise they wouldn't be admin.

16 would be a good start in my opinion.

No.
1. People can lie about their age.
2. What about Ron or Didixo for example, they'll lose their grades because they have an age under 16 ? Unfair, useless and not making any sense.
3. If I'm 11 and I make a good application, but I'm declined because I'm not sixteen ? Good reflection, obviously (irony).
4. People can make applications, we can accept or decline them, we don't need to make any restriction of age.

Keeping in mind that I am still "pending" for whatever reason. No one actually ever talks to me, I find that odd.

You're complaining about that in Xavier's application.
You're not even active on the forum enough, personnally.

The duration between my admin application and my acceptance = 6 months.
Your application has only been posted 2 months ago.
Be patient.

"No one actually ever talks to me" : Same here, but I'm still an admin though, so what about that, detective ?

Their english are understandable, otherwise they wouldn't be admin.

Then I don't understand why people complain about the applicant's English.

No.
1. People can lie about their age.[...]

People can lie? :O

[...]2. What about Ron or Didixo for example, they'll lose their grades because they have an age under 16 ? Unfair, useless and not making any sense.[...]

I think the first one's age-value on the profile is meant to be a joke. I've already commented about the latter.

[...]3. If I'm 11 and I make a good application, but I'm declined because I'm not sixteen ? Good reflection, obviously (irony).[...]

I have yet too see an eleven year old in person who I'd give command access. This is not only a matter of maturity but experience. Also an admin should be active in voice chat and display a friendly dominance and appear as a person one would instantly respect. Those criteria can hardly be met when someone sounds exactly like his age in that case.

[...]You're complaining about that in Xavier's application.
You're not even active on the forum enough, personnally.

The duration between my admin application and my acceptance = 6 months.
Your application has only been posted 2 months ago.
Be patient.

"No one actually ever talks to me" : Same here, but I'm still an admin though, so what about that, detective ?

I think you misunderstand. I am not applying for being an admin who smiles and moderates. I'd write plugins. I'd offer my expertise and not my abilities in jibber-jabbing, so I don't understand why I should reply to each and every post being made. Most things are personal matters. If there is a matter of reason, I usually say something. (enough OT at this point)

And honestly, regarding all that sarcasm and taking my suggestions personally, I think you justify the theoretical age restriction I've proposed
in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread