Declined Herr Medek's admin application? :o (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! :eek:
I'm Herr Medek_cz (or just Medek, for short), a pretty active member of The Hidden community :).
I'm just a simple player from Czech republic. If you need details, then the answer is the border area between Czech republic and Germany :). I think of myself as a kind, fair and a helpful player, who spends way too much time on our favorite game.. TF2 :eek:.

I currently am the second.. best? player in the world on The Hidden server, and I always like to help ze other people in our small community, whatever the problem is, I have the answer :).
I applied for this "job" before, but it seems like it got declined.. ;-;. I have tried my best to become one of the enlightened ones, being as helpful and as kind as I could've possibly could :). Let's see how this turns out! Here we go! :D

- My real name's Lukas, but I prefer to call myself Medek. Simple as that! :3

- I currently am just 21 years old :eek:. Apparently, it makes me one of the older TF2 players, talking about age that is :).

- Here's mah list of all the possible stuff you might need :eek:

STEAM_0:1:54118437 ///Mah Steam ID.. :eek:
76561198068502603 ///Mah Steam64 ID :eek:
U:1:108236875 ///Aaand..my Steam ID3 .-.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068502603 ///Actually, here's my Steam profile link, if you'll need that, too :eek:

- Online times? Well.. let's take a look x3. Whenever you'll look at my profile, you'll probably see.. 110-155 hours per two weeks.. I have no life, right? x). Well, I'm pretty much online during any part of the day :eek:. No job, no school, ftw! :eek:

- Soo, yeah. I'd like to apply for The Hidden server, wasn't that pretty obvious? :eek:
- Nope, no microphone :eek: but I don't think that's an issue at all :). Yup, this is not Jailbreak :).

- Previous admin experience? :eek: I guess, yep! I used to be an admin and moderator on two Minecraft servers in the past. :)

- SourceMod, you say? :eek: You betcha! But I may have forgotten some commands :eek:.

- Why should you choose me? :eek: Let me explain a bit :)

I already done what I could have, as a regular member :). By that I mean exploit-fixing, helping people, and calling for an admin support as soon as I see kill-trading, or hackers. Unfortunately, our small The Hidden server community never gets admin attention, unless one gets called. We really need one.. :I We get at least one hacker per day on average, and a couple of kill traders, sometimes. I can provide up to 100-140 hours of admin attention per two weeks, if the server has people on :)).

- How would I do my job? :eek: Alrighty, I can do that! Here's some major points :>.

HACKEEERS!! First, find evidence, and then use the "permaban hammer" :eek:. No mercy for hax!

KILL TRADERS!! Well, first I'd check how serious it is, and then apply a kick to both of 'em troublemakers :eek:. I'd hope they would stop! :) But.... if not, boom, 1 hour ban!

AFKERS!! The Hidden server is definitely NOT an idle server! :eek: What a surprise, right?! Sometimes, half of the 10-member team are simply idlers :/. I'd just kick them, that's all :). No need for any bigger punishments :).

MICSPAM!! Well, this one's probably gonna be a bit controversial :eek:. I'd probably allow calm, quiet music, with no lyrics :). Also, micspam would only be allowed during the time of the micspammer being The Hidden. Why, you ask? :eek: Because the other players can see him! :) BUT! If someone either in the chat or in the voice chat would tell the micspammer to stop, I'd tell him to stop :). If the micspammer wouldn't listen, first he'd receive a "slap", and even if that wouldn't work... then unfortunately, 180 minute mute incoming ;-;.

But Medek.. haven't you received a mute in the last 1.5 months? :eek: Yep, I have :c. All the explanation can be found here :eek:
http://i.imgur.com/dggecNL.png

• Dislike
Reactions: CiroBishop
Interesting. Even if you do have permission from Kevin to overwrite the mute requirement to apply you asked Kevin who does not deal with the applicants. But it is Kevin.
I'd rather have a head admin say he's allowed to bypass this rule. Is there any confirmation that @Kevin was aware that he gave permission to bypass the requirement rule? Is this ok @Ron ?

• Agree
I have to ask, are you really 21 years old? That smiley spam on your app. On shoutbox, feels like you are 13-14 years old, because you acted like little kid.

And what I heard, you break alot rules.

I have to ask, are you really 21 years old? That smiley spam on your app. On shoutbox, feels like you are 13-14 years old, because you acted like little kid.

And what I heard, you break alot rules.

I'm used to "overusing?" various smileys. :/ Also, I have not realised that this wall of smileys will appear, whilst writing this giant paragraph of text. It may not be the fanciest thing, but I guess this is just what I do :eek:.. unless you want me to stop it. What about the rule breaking? I can say that I wasn't exactly the #1 fair player some time ago, but I have changed.. :)

Actually, yes, I'm indeed 21, but I have no way to really prove it :/.

• Disagree
Interesting. Even if you do have permission from Kevin to overwrite the mute requirement to apply you asked Kevin who does not deal with the applicants. But it is Kevin.
I'd rather have a head admin say he's allowed to bypass this rule. Is there any confirmation that @Kevin was aware that he gave permission to bypass the requirement rule? Is this ok @Ron ?

I am pretty sure that he was aware of it, as I have written the deep explanation in the chat window :eek:.

• Disagree
Very well. If he is aware then we'll see how this play out.
I have a question. Are you aware of the English only rule within the servers?

Indeed! The problem is that most of the time, the server "nation combination" is 60% polish, 30% czech, and 10% other nations. I often get asked by the "majorities", or just told to chat with 'em a bit. Since they're mostly children, they aren't very skilled in the english language, or just barely understand it. There is no other way to communicate with them :(. Sometimes, the only people online are polish, so I use a language they can understand :). If I had any other way to communicate with them by using english, I'd do it! :D

• Disagree
Indeed! The problem is that most of the time, the server "nation combination" is 60% polish, 30% czech, and 10% other nations. I often get asked by the "majorities", or just told to chat with 'em a bit. Since they're mostly children, they aren't very skilled in the english language, or just barely understand it. There is no other way to communicate with them :(. Sometimes, the only people online are polish, so I use a language they can understand :). If I had any other way to communicate with them by using english, I'd do it! :D

It's best that you only communicate with English or other people will think it's acceptable and start speaking other languages. You'll be setting an example, so if you start breaking that rule others will break that rule. The rule is in effect so it's easier to understand what is being said and if a situation happens it's in a language that we understand.
I wanted to point out since I noticed your chat log is full of Non-English. I thought you weren't aware of the rule. It's a recent one so ~

Also Joe has pointed out your mic spamming policy. It's not really ok that you bend the rules to your way so that you can allow rule breaking.

Also banning someone for advertising trading in the incorrect format...You just refer them to trade chat and if they don't just a gag.

If you do become a trial admin I think you'll need a lot of guidance. Good luck anyways.

I don't support him, he breaks lots of rules and for me he has got lots of misconducts.

It's best that you only communicate with English or other people will think it's acceptable and start speaking other languages. You'll be setting an example, so if you start breaking that rule others will break that rule. The rule is in effect so it's easier to understand what is being said and if a situation happens it's in a language that we understand.
I wanted to point out since I noticed your chat log is full of Non-English. I thought you weren't aware of the rule. It's a recent one so ~
I've also told this to him, no matter what the situation is you should always use English. Too bad if the small kids can't understand it, but that's not our problem.

Now to the app. Personally I don't like how you overuse smileys because it kinda gives us a feeling of that you aren't that serious. Your punishments aren't that great, but they can easily get changed if you get accepted. That's why we have mentors to help out.

You are indeed very helpful and friendly on the server, but you often communicate in czech rather than english with kids, which is a problem. A problem that hopefully can be fixed. You have beed muted and banned before, yes, but I do believe people change and you're currently on the right way (yet you have a long way to go). I know that you really want to keep that server clean from hackers and other rulebreakes, so if you become a trial you would indeed need a lot of mentoring. Not going to give you a vote or anything until I know that @Ron is okay with what you and Kevin discussed, and if you could stop using smileys all the time that'd be great.

Ok so after reading through your application and reading all the comments I have to say that I think myself that the use of the smileys that you are using makes the application look untidy and also your responses to what admins have said looks a little odd to myself because as an admin you have to remain calm and your comments makes it look like you are getting irate now I understand I have not been in the same server as yourself but I know one thing for sure if you have adminship you cannot stay with your old ways you have to be polite and remain calm whilst dealing with trouble makers now I am not an admin but the amount of times I have seen people get pissed off at admins for not biting I feel that if someone pisses you off you will not ban them but you will end up having an argument.

That is my two pennies worth

• Dislike
Reactions: EvoWarrior5
Ok so after reading through your application and reading all the comments I have to say that I think myself that the use of the smileys that you are using makes the application look untidy and also your responses to what admins have said looks a little odd to myself because as an admin you have to remain calm and your comments makes it look like you are getting irate now I understand I have not been in the same server as yourself but I know one thing for sure if you have adminship you cannot stay with your old ways you have to be polite and remain calm whilst dealing with trouble makers now I am not an admin but the amount of times I have seen people get pissed off at admins for not biting I feel that if someone pisses you off you will not ban them but you will end up having an argument.

That is my two pennies worth
I have no idea what you're talking about. I find his comments very calm, and not what you accuse them of being.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I find his comments very calm, and not what you accuse them of being.
Ok I will read through again and if I am wrong I sincerely apologize

*EDIT* Ok I have read through and I was wrong and Medek I am sorry for saying otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread