Declined H4unter's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercurial

- Your name and/or nickname
H4unter, my actual name is Joe.

- Your age

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)
EvoWarrior5 gave me permission to apply.

- Your Steam2 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)
STEAM_0:0:42980911

- Your general online times and your timezone
My timezone is GMT. My online times are usually from 12:00 - 9:00 during the weekdays and I am generally available most weekends unless something comes up.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I wish to apply for 2fort and Orange. I wouldn't mind visiting other servers -unless that server is Jailbreak, if there are reports.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

I do, but I prefer not to use it in-game

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I unfortunately have no past experience.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Again, I have no past experience. I am certain that I should be able to learn the basic commands fairly quickly.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I appreciate and obey the rules to their fullest extent. If players are breaking rules, I will try to remind them about the rule they are breaking and the punishment for breaking it. I consider myself to be fairly active on the servers. I also enjoy playing on them and enjoy the community, so it would be my pleasure to help out.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

Making the servers a tolerable and friendly experience for all players would be the number one priority. If people want to ruin the majority's experience by being troublemakers then they should be punished. A guideline for punishments would be as follows;
  • Mic/chat spam - warning => mute/gag => longer mute/gag if they continue to disobey.
  • Spawn camping - warning => slay (final warning) => kick => ban
  • Hacking and cheating - Permanently banned without question
  • Exploiting/glitching - warning => slay => kick => ban
  • Harassment - warning => kick => ban
Thanks for reading my application and I look forward to hearing back :)

Personally, the quality of a community is how many Joes it has.
Especially if they're average.

Vecomti: I should add something
Vecomti: like
Vecomti: "I CAN CONFIRM HE IS PR0"
H4unter: yes
H4unter: pls
H4unter: for the banter

EDIT:
Vecomti: I just went with the chat log
Vecomti: 10/10
H4unter: 11/10

Even if we were looking for admins on 2fort I would have to say that your connection time is kinda okay, but it's your sessions I'm worried about. Of course it can be fixed, but most of your connections are 10-40 minutes per day which is a bit short in my opinion, at least if you're going to apply for admin.

You are rarely communicating, I haven't played with you that much because you aren't connected to the server that much when I am playing and judging from your chatlog (and the small experience I got with you) you aren't that much into reminding people of our rules when you see someone break them when no admins are available.

After discussing this with Clar, I have to give you a -1 for 2fort, with the reasons stated above. Also because we're not really looking for more admins at the moment. I would like to see some improvements before giving you a +1.

Even if we were looking for admins on 2fort I would have to say that your connection time is kinda okay, but it's your sessions I'm worried about. Of course it can be fixed, but most of your connections are 10-40 minutes per day which is a bit short in my opinion, at least if you're going to apply for admin.

You are rarely communicating, I haven't played with you that much because you aren't connected to the server that much when I am playing and judging from your chatlog (and the small experience I got with you) you aren't that much into reminding people of our rules when you see someone break them when no admins are available.

There is often no reason for me to communicate, and I'm not the person who talks for the sake of talking. There is rarely any interaction on Orange and the same can be applied to 2fort a lot of the time, so I just tend to zone out a lot of the time -obviously not something an admin should do, but I can improve on that, I guess.

As for session time, I generally don't enjoy playing video games for a long amount of time, I tend to get burnt out over things I spend a lot of time on. However, I would still be able to respond to reports most of the time. That could be something I could also improve on.

Reactions: Kittylicious
Seeing as how I am stepping down as staff manager, the community will probably be careful to accept any apps for now; at least the hesitant ones. Clarence and Ka agree that nobody is needed on 2Fort, and there is nobody to vouch for you or mentor you on Orange.

I gave you permission, thinking that if people thought we didn't need anyone we'd find out eventually anyways right? Wrong thinking by me. I should not have done that, and I apologise both to you for making you go throuhg the effort of the app which I have to decline now, and to Clarence for taking the liberty of giving the permission without taking the time to ask anyone who was actually qualified to do so. I used the right to give permission the same bad way as I would not have liked others to do. Apologies for that.

I still like you and I hope that you will have a good chance in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread