Declined Guard banned on jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Panda-Community. Today, August 4th 2017 I was banned from playing on the guard's team on the panda community servers. Here are all the details.

SourceBans Ban URL: Since I was only guard banned I can't get this (this is what admins told me to say)
Name of your Banned Steam Account: sadmeatloaf258
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:173143725
Date and Time of the Ban: 8/4/2017
Reason about the Ban: denying a death request
Admin that Banned you: .Satan
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: The ban was totally unjustified.

(Sorry this bit is so lengthy, but I wanted to include all the details that I could.)

1. First off, Death requests are not actually mentioned in the Jailbreak rules. I was also never given a warning by an admin before my ban or at any time about "denying a death request" which means even though I had followed every rule specifically stated in the rulebook, I still was banned. (on a side note, if you guys wish to continue banning players for such reasons, I would suggest adding them into your rulebook.)

2. The second reason I shouldn't be banned is that the circumstances were almost entirely out of my control. I had given a death request to a freeday ( who's name was Much Kuddar) as the last person committed suicide after doing an LR. They wanted to play sweeper with the blues, so I asked all blues to get on a podium, however the freeday insisted on pressing the button. Since I didn't trust the freeday, I told him that he should get on a podium, and then I would press the button. However they refused saying that they wished to press the button to begin the game, and that I was "DR denying" which is a term that is completely made up. So I gave Much Kuddar one last chance and said that if they did not allow me to press the button then they would be Killed On Sight (KOS) Much then began to curse, at me and continue to say I was "DR denying" and since they still hadn't gotten on a podium, I decided to kill them. The server then began to cry out that I had denied his death wish, and had freekilled him. Many players used the !call command to report me for freekilling (which apparently they believed I did) .Satan later came on and gave me a guardban based entirely on players who simply said I had freekilled Much Kuddar, and I had been "DR denying" I hope that whoever reads this can agree that this ban was extremely unjustified, and I hope that they can set things straight.

Thanks -Dr.Meatloaf

• Agree
Reactions: Pootis The Hoovy
I was on the server while this happened. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Firstly, you WERE told multiple times that you were not suppose to deny the death wish.
1e07295f8b0414410b6f9cd52e624063.png

Even though an Admin didnt warn you (before you did it) (Im admin on vsh but ill say it doesnt count), you should have still stopped as you were warned multiple times by me and 2 others.

For some more evidence, I invited Satan to clear things up BEFORE you were guard banned.
7fe3522133f54b7645793f7cf3773659.png

Here you can clearly see that an Admin has agreed that you shouldnt have denied the death wish.

I was also never given a warning by an admin before my ban or at any time about "denying a death request"
So yes, you were warned before the ban.

I forgot to add (I can't edit my last post, either I'm a retard and I can't see it because I'm on my phone or I physically can't)

You said "Satan banned you based entirely on players who simply said i you had freekilled Much Kuddar and that you denied the DW.

This is not entirely true as I explained to Satan what had happened so he knew briefly the situation.
(Sorry this screenshot looks retarded, I'm on phone)

IMG_0627.PNG

Firstly, I hadn't actually know that Shroom was an admin until later that day, as I was never told and it doesn't say anywhere, but I'll accept that as my fault. Regardless, it should kinda be clear that he is an admin, and that I need to listen to what he says (I can't just assume he is.) I was later told (after the incident) he's an admin on a different server (VSH). I dont know if that's true or not, but if it is, I fail to see how he has any power to tell me what to do. I suggest you guys please try to be more clear on the power your admins have, as well as who is and who is not an admin. If a random player calls me out for something that isn't anywhere in the rules of course I'm not going to listen to it. If you need more evidence, I assume that players with DR do not have unending power. Even freedays have their limits as they cannot block the guards, which the player was clearly doing as they were blocking me from hitting the button. I realize .satan and Shroom have been pretty conclusive on his decision, but please look at this from your own perspective with an open mind. Although I sound sarcastic and patronizing, I do appreciate you taking the time to review this issue, and I especially appreciate how fast you've responded.

Thank you -Dr.Meatloaf

Like I said, it didn't matter whether I am Admin or not in a different server or not an Admin in general. My point was you were warned by 3 different people that denying the death wish was wrong to do which should have been enough warning for you. However I do understand that you may not have listening as they are just 3 random people. You couldn't have known that it was true or not.
Also, I didn't have any power over you as like we have both said I'm only Admin on VSH, it was just me and 2 others telling you it was wrong.

Can I get some more input from other admins on this situation?

I appoligize in advance if my answer seems rough but what i read up there just got me on my nerves.

Firstly, I hadn't actually know that Shroom was an admin until later that day, as I was never told and it doesn't say anywhere, but I'll accept that as my fault. Regardless, it should kinda be clear that he is an admin, and that I need to listen to what he says (I can't just assume he is.)
Bullshit, so if someone is not admin you must not listen to what he says ? that's plain stupid.

If a random player calls me out for something that isn't anywhere in the rules of course I'm not going to listen to it
Same thing that's outright dumb to ignore other ppl's warning just because they don't have a tag.

I suggest you guys please try to be more clear on the power your admins have, as well as who is and who is not an admin.
Once again rank does not matter, but i think it is pretty clear if, an admin wants to show his tag he shows it and has a text color, if he wants to go sneaky he removes the tag and uses vanilla text colors and if you do not respect the rules you get what you deserve. Do you really think that because there is no admin you are allowed to just mess around ignoring rules ?

And even though death request is not stated in the rules, you have seen that every end of round has a Death request. It is a convention.
And at the botom of the rules you can read "Don't to forget to treat each other with respect, and be mature and calm." i do not think it is mature to ignore so much ppl telling you something.

Bullshit, so if someone is not admin you must not listen to what he says ? that's plain stupid.

Ummmm, No it isn't. If a random player tells me to freekill my entire team, then should I do it? Granted that example is extreme, however being warned by a player of whom I have limited experience with of something which you guys told me was in the rule however wasn't anywhere in the rules. That just shows me that players who haven't read the rules are pretending like they have, and they want me to comply with their own wants for whatever reason. Again, I hadn't realized that enough players on the server can create rules by typing out things they want the warden to do in chat. Perhaps you should add this to the actual list of jailbreak rules so people know to follow this.

Once again rank does not matter, but i think it is pretty clear if, an admin wants to show his tag he shows it and has a text color, if he wants to go sneaky he removes the tag and uses vanilla text colors and if you do not respect the rules you get what you deserve. Do you really think that because there is no admin you are allowed to just mess around ignoring rules ?

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to the rest of the post. I still need to point out that the term "Death Request" or "Death Wish" is never once stated in the rules. I can't follow something that doesn't exist. If you were talking about your own personal made up rules, then I suggest you update the rule book to include everything that people can be banned for in your own eyes.

"Don't to forget to treat each other with respect, and be mature and calm." i do not think it is mature to ignore so much ppl telling you something.

I still fail to see how giving a player ample warning, and one restriction on their death wish is immature. I gave the player several seconds of warning, and told them they would be KOS if they didn't get on the minigame long before I had actually killed them. I've seen admins do the exact same thing, putting limits on what people can do with their death request (although as it seems you guys pretty divided on the issue I won't name them.) Players have told other players that they must type out their death wish by a certain time or they would be KOS. Then they actually did kill the player when they hadn't typed it out in time. So the question is, where do the admins draw the line? Why are people like that not guardbanned, and defending themselves on these forums. This is exactly why there needs to be rules on these things so that people know what they can and cannot do for someone's death request.

Thank you for your pleasant response, and sorry mine was so bitter -Dr.Meatloaf

As a response the general message i guess we will never agree on if you should listen to admins only or not, let's not pollute the thread with an endless debate.

I've seen admins do the exact same thing, putting limits on what people can do with their death request (although as it seems you guys pretty divided on the issue I won't name them.)

you do have a point here we are currently discussing on the death wish issue to all have the same idea of what you can and cannot do.

I can't follow something that doesn't exist. If you were talking about your own personal made up rules, then I suggest you update the rule book to include everything that people can be banned for in your own eyes.
Now don't say that it is my invented rules, everyone does that and you even acknowledged that you have seen other admins doing it. We also cannot include all the details and subtilities of jb into the rules as the list would be endless and no one would even remember it.
At least you did read the rules which is honorable.

Thank you for your pleasant response, and sorry mine was so bitter -Dr.Meatloaf
No problem on that i guess that a bitter response deserves another bitter response. A pleasant day to you. Hopefully the issue will be solved soon enough.

Reactions: Bass
Always thought denying dr was against the rules, and I believe it has been an unwritten rule? you did deny a deathwish and the point you're trying to make that you didnt listen cause you didnt know chaz was an admin is just plain stupid.

I meatloaf has put in alot of time in to the appeal, and cannot remember for how long I banned you for but I guess i'll try to unban you as soon as you get on.

Unless madact can do it, ofcourse.

You guys seem to be able to call my point of not listening to supposedly random players about made up rules stupid very easily, however I've yet to see a shred of evidence against what I and most likely many people see as common sense. Regardless, I must admit that my guard ban has already expired, and that this thread is kinda pointless as the original reason for its existence is now void. I simply stopped responding because I wished to trigger discussion between you admins about these rules which I can happily say that I have, especially since Madact has recently posted about possibly revising the jailbreak rules to include deathwishes, and what they can and cannot be. This is exactly what is needed, and I feel proud to have triggered such ideas. I hope you all can forgive my deception, and unless oxy or Satan wish to continue in a now useless argument this forum could probably be closed.

Thanks -Dr.Meatloaf

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Satan and chaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread