Guard Balancing and Damage (1 Viewer)

Is this a good concept?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Random

So, I have recently noticed that the damage Guards output in "Jailbreak" is a little bit too Over-Powered.
Instead of having Full Critical hits available, only the Warden should have access to Crits. While the other guards have Mini-crits/No Crits at all.

For some it might be too easy to kill the guards, but some guards do know the game pretty well. and thereby you die a little too easy.

This is only some suggestions I have heard and agreed to. My friends and I think of this whenever we play Jailbreak.

//The following Formula is in the game (Regarding Critical hits, that is)
Base weapon Damage + Negative/Positive attribute + Other * 3 = Critical Hit
Base weapon Damage + Negative/Positive attribute + Other + 35% = Mini-Crit
//This also includes Splash damage, Range, Player attributes and other modifiers. (Other)

I might be incorrect, but its from I read from the wiki: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Critical_Hits

Thanks!

~Da Random

Last edited:
Why should guards have mini-crits and not crits ? Why would you say it's overpowered when you basically don't have to kill or not following the guards/warden ?
I mean, what's the purpose ?

If the guards/warden have crits, it's to kill more fastly the people that don't follow the warden's orders. The guards have to ensure that the warden's orders are respected and that nobody try to escape. The goal for them is to kill, the more fast as they can, those who're trying to escape. That's why they have crits.
It might be hard to escape, but if guards have crits, take it as a challenge.

I don't really see the goal of changing the damage value.
It's my opinion.

Last edited:
Why should guards have mini-crits and not crits ? Why would you say it's overpowered when you basically don't have to kill or not following the guards/warden ?
I mean, what's the purpose ?

If the guards/warden have crits, it's to kill more fastly the people that don't follow the warden's orders. The guards have to ensure that the warden's orders are respected and that nobody try to escape. The goal for them is to kill, the more fast as they can, those who're trying to escape. That's why they have crits.
It might be hard to escape, but if guards have crits, take it as a challenge.

I don't really see the goal of changing the damage value.
It's my opinion.

I see your point... I might think this through a little bit better.
P.S. Close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread