Grand Freak Fortress Suggestion List (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Hello Panda's welcome to my thread which will give suggestions based on my play experience/from others to improve a respectfull and fun gamemode of our Panda server:Freak Fortress 2.

Feel free to read all the suggestions and make feedback in the comment section!
I may update the list if you make some solid points in the comments!
Keep in minds that things you will suggest must be possible as in "not too complicated"

I made this thread to help the community and create a fun expirience for the players on it.
I would be glad to hear if you want to be part of it <3

1) Bosses suggestions
Bosses are a big part of Freak Fortress 2 as they are the main objective in this gamemode.
It's fun to play against wacky new bosses and trying to defeat them all with your team!
However, I would love to see some classics comming back to our server as they give us solid gameplay and more options to pick from.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Christian Brutal Sniper

heheh, It's like cristmas mornin'
Brutal Sniper most likely known from the gamemode VS Saxton hale is one bloody freakshow!
He will catch up with you and kill you with his wide arsenal of knives.
Build up his rage to recieve a small stun towards other and a bow which will take down sentries with one shot.

-Painis Cupcake

I am Painis Cupcake, I will eat you!
A Classic Rubberfruit video and one of the most famous freaks/fads of Team Fortress made it into Freak Fortress, Painis Cupcake has a solid gameplay with the brave jump and a ubered rage with a small stun area around him.

-DemoPan
Stout shako for 2 refined!
Demopan the one who will charge at you with his pan and turn you into stout shako for him to sell.
Demopan has a rage which will stun close by players and players are shown fake-trade requests from demopan to warn that he is in his rage.
Brave jump is anabled for this freak and to compensate with his "weak" rage ability he is granted with endless amount of shield charges.

-El Jefe (Nerf)
Let us prai!
A boss which was supricingly fun to play as and a fun character/idea for many!
But after all this time people start to play this freak with a "annoying" gamestyle.
The hale is the strongest hale there is in the server and has a lot of powers.
Some people say that this boss has too many lives and his smite is way to strong since it goes trough walls.

I honestly think that the "flying" part of this freak is not really good for the gameflow.
There are players who just simply fly around the map trying to land on heads if they can, or just stay in the air to delay the round.

I suggest changing the fly part of this hale into a ability/rage instead of a perk that this boss has, there is already a punishment on flying which is El Jefe losing his rage when flying.
I rather see a option for El Jefe that he can either smite players or fly of for a certain time period.
And maybe his lives should be dragged down to two lives instead of 3. (health spreaded out over the two lives)

-The Human Sentry Buster (buff)
Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick
The Sentry Buster which is known from the gamemode Mann vs Machine makes a Cameo in Freak Fortress as a Humanoid Sentry Buster.
The Sentry Buster has the head of the Demolishion man and would say "tick tick" to imitate the Sentry Buster.

This Freak has a weakness for melee damage which isn't based one the Sentry Buster itself and can blow up as a rage what would kill nearby enemies (Won't damage yourself)
Altho this Freak has a slight resistance against incomming bullets and explosions damage, his weakness for melee damage is too big for this freak and will most likely by be taken care of in no time.

Changing this Freak's incoming melee damage weakness would help out a lot.
We don't know what the % number is but it should be less as far players can tell.

2) Weapon changes suggestions
Freak Fortress 2 has a wide range of weaponry to pick from, almost every weapon from Team Fortress 2 made it into the game exept for some few who are automaticly changed into the stock "freak fortress" modified weapon.
But all in all, it's really good to have modified weapons for this gamemode since you are not playing against a whole team, you need weapons who are focused to kill a "Boss"
Let's have a peek shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Short Circuit
This is my biggest concern of gamemode breaking weapons in the gamemode right now.
Not only brings the short circuit stuns to bosses, it can also glitch the boss to make him completly defenceless for a long duration, the boss will be in a "stunned" pose and won't be able to do anything inculding using his rage.
If we keep the glitch fact away from this weapon we have the weapon idea itself which bothers a lot of players as well.

The Short Circuit a secondary weapon for the engineer which allows the player to make quick getaways from bosses, this is a great idea and gives defenceless engineers more option to get away and move out to a other building spot.

Sadly, our server has a plugin which will give engineers a +20 metal regen per second or so.
Players use this to get a nasty kind of gameplay which is build on charging at the hale to stun him, team up witha other engy and you never would be able to escape as a boss.
Engineer gameplay should be based on placing a sentry to deal damage and dispencer/amp to help out your teammates. (unless you are a minisentry engineer)

easy/needed: I will suggest removing this weapon as it is, replace it with the pistol for now.

Effort: Making the Short Circuit that is wouldn't stun bosses but slower them down, making it impossible to catch up with the engineer.

-Every grenade launcher
The primory slot for demoman requires some skill to aim and hit your target, why not rewarding players for their actions hmm?

effort: Minicrits on every grenade launcher.

-Cleaners Carbine

Snipers secondary SMG which gives minicrits on kill.
Too bad there is only one boss to kill and this non-filled crit smg is not going to help a lot on it.
The stock SMG grands players crits which can be usefull if bosses come near you and try to run away from bosses.

Easy: I will suggest replacing this weapon with the stock one.
Effort: G
iving this weapon crits would be required since the stock one has that as wel, but since this weapon has a slower firing speed this weapon should have something possitive compared to the stock one.
Ammo capacity would be a great one since the stock one has a good firing speed but running out of ammo is a big downside for this weapon.

-Medigun
Not many people are going to like this one but I see a big need for a "fix" in the stock "Freak Fortress Medigun"
Maybe people have heard of the term "Medic Duo's" on VS Saxton hale / Freak fortress?
To explain quickly this is a common technique of two players teaming up in the gamemode with most likely equiped with a Ubersaw.

Freak Fortress has a Medigun which starts out with 40% uber and when the uber is ready to deployd will grand players a uberduration bar of 140%!
This will give players enough time to build another uber for the other medic which will lead in a endless cycle of Bosses getting delayed from their objective.

The only way to avoid this problem as a hale it either rage them (based on character) or run away and hope the don't hit you even once since if you even get hit once with the obersaw will give the other medic enough time to build up his uber normally so the other medic can take his turn of going ubersaw against the boss.

Effort: I will suggest getting the uber duration back to 100% on uber.
This will grand players enough time for getaways or planned assaults on the boss.

-Kritzkrig
This weapon is removed from the Gamemode and I do understand why.
The Stock Medigun gives Kritz and Uber on deploy so why would you bother to equip this Medigun?

I came up with a idea what people may not like but will give you a other gamestyle of playing on Freak Fortress
Players are granted crits on taunt and there are a lot of weapons in the game which a minicrit boosted so playing with critz can't really hurt if there is a big trade of towards it.

Effort: Healed target is granted kritz all the time, building uber isn't part of this medigun anymore.
The big question for you would be, would you choose the Kritzkrig for massage damage in the trade for your safety?

-Gun Slinger
Gun slinger engineers are really annoying in team Fortress, atleast "they" say~
But most people see gun slinger as a big joke as it comes to Freak Fortress and it has a really good reason behind it.
Not only will big sentries give you more damage hitpoints and options, the knockpack it will give is a really big part of Freak Fortress to prevent Bosses to come near you.

Now we have the Minisentry who has the ability to build fast and cost 100 metal, too bad we got a server plugin that metal won't matter that much so the advantage of building 2 sentries without picking any ammo packs won't really say much. Plus not to mention damage it deals and knockback is a big joke compared to fancy lvl3 Sentry.

Effort: Granting the MiniSentry Minicrits would be the best option I can think of.
This will cover up the damage problem but still will bring the engineer in great danger!
It's a small change but this will give Engineers more options to play instead of their old camping site kind of gameplay without being made fun out.

-Force of Nature
The Force of nature is the most picked primary weapon for Scout in Freak Fortress 2.
Blast your Bosses far away from you so you can get away and the damage is really great to get a shot from close range.

A lot of people find knocking back and running away from the boss cheap and I can understand why, while other players died soon-ish in the game trying to defeat the boss makes the view of scout a bit grim.
I came up with a suggestion what will keep the gameplay of the Force of nature familiar and way much rewarding and fair

Effort: The Force of Nature will have +20% more damage but -20% movement speed (on wearer or not)
Changing the weapon like this will ask users of this weapon to hit the boss and not miss!
For exchange the hits you will alnd will do more damage and you can contingue on avoiding getting hit by the Freak, missing in the other hand will most likely end up devastating.

3) Server plugin changes suggestion
I don't think people will apriciate my thoughds on this one but I feel the urge to atleast share my thoughds on one spesific thing what is going on in our server which is maybe even a bit "gamemode" breaking in my eye's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-RTD
This may sound a bit grim but there is one thing what bothers me what is the case in our server, Donators and Admins are granted with better RTD rolls which give a big advantage over other players.
It's impossible or near impossible to get negitive rolls and changes of getting "god-tier" rolls are way higher.
Not only I find this unfair for other players but there are even some "rolls" which I find gamebreaking and unacceptable.
I am speaking of the roll:"Insta kills"

Can you imagen a gamemode where people have 30+/- players on one side of the team trying to kill 1 player and the possibility is there to get insta kills?
It's not that it will be a good idea as hale to RTD so that's out of the question unless you want to roll freeze and you can say byebye to you backspine and stompy head.

Easy: Remove RTD from Freak Fortress 2
Effort: Remove Godmode and Insta kills from the Roll list, as it ruins rounds.
Once again, It's my thoughds on this Gamemode... I don't think one of those option will happen sadly.

Thank you for Reading the list of suggestion for Freak Fortress 2!
I will like to note out this once more, I wish the best for our Panda server and I made this thread with good intensions, don't take all this as a insult towards the server itself it's fun this just states out that there is space for improvements.

Don't forget to comment below for your thoughds or perhaps great idea's to make the Gamemode a better experience for all!

Cheers!
~Wolf! / Panda's =3

Last edited:
-Painis Cupcake
I am Painis Cupcake, I will eat you!
A Classic Rubberfruit video and one of the most famous freaks/fads of Team Fortress made it into Freak Fortress, Painis Cupcake has a solid gameplay with the brave jump and a ubered rage with a small stun area around him.

-DemoPan
Stout shako for 2 refined!
Demopan the one who will charge at you with his pan and turn you into stout shako for him to sell.
Demopan has a rage which will stun close by players and players are shown fake-trade requests from demopan to warn that he is in his rage.
Brave jump is anabled for this freak and to compensate with his "weak" rage ability he is granted with endless amount of shield charges.

The server used to have those two bosses for a long time ago. If I remember right they got removed because almost no one wanted to play as them.

• Agree
Reactions: PandaASDF
I like it all to be honest but one thing.. the medigun change i mean... that requires some good teamwork and orientation, so i don't really see why this should be changed because it kindof requires somekindof skill medic duo to do this. For example telefragging as an engineer i mean it takes some planning and orientation aswell.. It is an original way of playing saxton hale and i would hate to see this removed.
Also i would like to add something i really miss on these servers and that is that the demoman his grenade launcher should be mini crits or full crits, iv seen it on so far every server iv played on and it makes playing demoman so much more fun but not OP
Right now i don't see much use in using it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Wolf
I like it all to be honest but one thing.. the medigun change i mean... that requires some good teamwork and orientation, but so i don't really see why this should be changed because it kindof requires somekindof skill medic duo to do this. For example telefragging as an engineer i mean it takes some planning and orientation aswell.. It is an original way of playing saxton hale and i would hate to see this removed.
Also i would like to add something i really miss on these servers and that is that the demoman his grenade launcher should be mini crits or full crits, iv seen it on so far every server iv played on and it makes playing demoman so much more fun but not OP
Right now i don't see much use in using it.

You make a fair point, I actually said that before to someone.
Will put the grenade launchers in the list for minicrits so you don't have to be forced to play Demoknight to have some solid damage!

The server used to have those two bosses for a long time ago. If I remember right they got removed because almost no one wanted to play as them.

Well' I know people inculding myself who will pick those bosses, and not being picked oftenly doesn't mean that it should be removed?
Maybe people didn't pick them since there were better Bosses to pick from at that moment. (nope-engineer maybe?)

Removing short circuit ok, removing rtd? Or taking out god mode and insta kills? Hmm no sorry.. This would make it much different to kill anyone you know? I don't find it that game breaking because you know you just can run away from it you don't need to run in their faces...
My opinion.

(Btw Wolf! I already made a tread about nerfing hales inc. St. Heffe, Chuck norris.. the poll got through.. when u know ) ..

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
Buffing the Human Sentry buster , it's pretty impossible to win as that hale. He takes massive damage from meele. And his meele is sometimes doing nothing , so i would have to hit three times. And his rage is not really usefull.

• Agree
Buffing the Human Sentry buster , it's pretty impossible to win as that hale. He takes massive damage from meele. And his meele is sometimes doing nothing , so i would have to hit three times. And his rage is not really usefull.

I believe everyone can agree with the fact that the Human Sentry Buster is weak.
His weakness for melee damage is off the charts.

I will put it in the list, you may suggest what could be changed as a reply as wel.
For now I will note the insane amount of damage this freak takes from melee damage.

• Agree
Reactions: Wasman
I'd like to throw few more things to the suggestion list:

Goomba Soldier:
This boss is so underpowered. It's a regular soldier with normal boss health that has a terrible rage. All it does is making the boss three times bigger and stunning nearby enemies + uber during the rage. It would be nice if not the fact the boss gets stuck almost everytime he rages, making him absolutely useless. It's really hard to find anyone win with him. A new type of rage should fix the problem.

Goomba Stomp:
The general problem is simple. Even after the nerf, this is still a very painful thing. Lots of scouts take Atomizers and Wingers making them pretty unreachable for the hale. Quite many times I've seen chains of Stomps that take a lot of health from the hale. It's pretty unfair since you can't even react in time due to all the flashy screen effects of goomba stomps. I'd say making the player unable to jump and able to clip through enemies for a short while could fix the problem.

Hotline Sniper:
I just would like to suggest some other songs for the hale.

Carpenter Brut - Le Perv

Pertubator feat. Flash Arnold - Sexualizer

Fedorable:
Another song suggestion:

Gefradah - Cancertid

Stylish Raptor Spy:
A rather fair and balanced boss with a not so great rage. The problem is it's really underpowered. All it does is just stunning nearby sentries. Could use a stun towards players too.

Reactions: Endoniic and Wolf
Hotline Sniper:
I just would like to suggest some other songs for the hale.

The songs sound kwl but... i wouldn't want to see the other songs removed, so if they were added aswell i wouldn't object!

I've been meaning to make a thread like this myself for quite some time but it looks like Wolf beat me to it. Anyway...

There are a few things Wolf forgot to mention:

Meem:
This boss is balanced, but broken. His teleportation ability often teleports him to his own minions, rather then the enemy player, which results in a lot of needlessly prolonged matches.

Spyper:
Do I even need to say it? This boss is too weak. He needs a health boost and a consistent rage ability. Currently his rage randomly gives him either jarate (mostly useless) or a sniper (which probably needs a damage boost). Also I would give him an even longer cloak duration , but that may be overdoing it

Gentlespy:
His teleportation rage often gets him stuck in walls, roofs and other platforms.

Stylish raptor spy:
I've already made a thread about this. Raptorspy is NOT UNDERPOWERED, but he IS BROKEN. Slightly different. His original rage gave him ubercharge and made enemies dance (small radius). I expect this to be resolved soon, seeing as all the code required to fix this issue has already been posted.

Finally, I believe that the all the buggy / underpowered bosses already in the gamemode should be fixed, before adding new ones.

P. S. : I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds medics to be overpowered and the gunslinger to be underpowered.

Spyper:
Do I even need to say it? This boss is too weak. He needs a health boost and a consistent rage ability. Currently his rage randomly gives him either jarate (mostly useless) or a sniper (which probably needs a damage boost). Also I would give him an even longer cloak duration , but that may be overdoing it

Are you serious? He is one of the stronger bosses he gets a sniper wich kills every class under 150 hp with a no scope, he can pick up ammo for his sniper and his cloack.
Just because you can't play the hale doesn't mean he is underpowered... maybe the Gentle spy his tps that get stuck( even tho i have never seen it but it can be a thing) or meem tping to allied minions are good mentions but... Spyper is far from being underpowered.I honestly don't get why you would bring up him but not cuddlyheavy? Massive hitbox, rage only gives a huntsman and a superjump

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Flynt
Prove me wrong, if you can...

How about this already play him alot and don't lose as him? so do other people. When i get my pc back join me and ill show you how to play him. Why would i say all of this stuff if i can't play as the guy... again just because you can't play as him means he is UP iv seen plenty of people play as him and win. If you don't know what you are doing you won't win as any hale...

Spyper isn't the hale you just jump in and expect to just kill everything or just spam Rage as el jeffe and nopegeneer. You need to use your cloack in the correct moments and snipe people like engi's and sniper and ubermedics from a safe distance, Like cmon you are an pretty much an assasin with a sniper rifle and that has invisibility and can teleport.

Last edited:
@Intellectus @Zushikikato Wolfeh @Monkeyz-senpai

Well Intel, seems like Zushi adn Monkey made a clear point since your polls didn't got enough votes or feedback.
Your Poll as it is now is 1 vote for a buff and 11 against it.
I will remove the rant on this thread if you people don't mind so it will create space for new suggestions or feedback on this thread.

It was going a bit off topic~ A simple "want this hale buffed because reasons" with possitive votes on the comment or someone who agrees or disagrees as a reply is more than enough for this thread. Thank you for for the active support tho!

All this talk of Spyper reminded me...
MAD SPIES:
Are op. There are 2 of them which is obviously a huge plus because they can cover more ground. Both have invisibility and higher-than-average superjumps making it even harder for you to hide from or outrun them. Their rage gives them instakill stickylaunchers and loose cannons ,making it impossible for any sentry nest on the map to survive.

• Disagree
I
All this talk of Spyper reminded me...
MAD SPIES:
Are op. There are 2 of them which is obviously a huge plus because they can cover more ground. Both have invisibility and higher-than-average superjumps making it even harder for you to hide from or outrun them. Their rage gives them instakill stickylaunchers and loose cannons ,making it impossible for any sentry nest on the map to survive.

Intellectus please find some bosses that actually need fixes, most you've given don't need a fix or is simply impossible to fix

The Mad Spies are a stronger duo, however since some players are not aware of the rage capabilities, they leave the stickylauncher/loose cannon alone.

For the most part, a well oiled (RED) team can tear these hales apart. I actually see more losses for the Mad Spies than wins due in part to the fact that they use the invisibility wrong, and a portion of the players will turn to medic once they hear the all-to-familiar chattering laughter that is the boss introduction.

The only feasible nerf that I could see happening to this hale is a superjump height nerf. Anything more would make this hale become one of the least played hales in the game, and as it is already a duo hale, it is quite unpopular.

Lets hear your explenation then.

i've seen people beat the mad doctors easily, it's enough proof that they aren't op, they are strong though. You also put to fix gentle spy his teleport, but that can't be fixed cause well it's more of a map error.

Also please don't reply off topic on this, I'd like to respect Wolf choice to keep this thread on-topic

The Mad Spies are a stronger duo, however since some players are not aware of the rage capabilities, they leave the stickylauncher/loose cannon alone.

For the most part, a well oiled (RED) team can tear these hales apart. I actually see more losses for the Mad Spies than wins due in part to the fact that they use the invisibility wrong, and a portion of the players will turn to medic once they hear the all-to-familiar chattering laughter that is the boss introduction.

The only feasible nerf that I could see happening to this hale is a superjump height nerf. Anything more would make this hale become one of the least played hales in the game, and as it is already a duo hale, it is quite unpopular.

This is assuming that some players don't know the boss fully.

I think the unpopularity of this boss is caused by both the servers implementation of dual bosses, and their presentation overall.

Also how do you use invisibility wrong? And what makes you think this boss is weak to medics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread