Goomba damage back to old one (1 Viewer)

Should we change back the VSH goomba damage settings back to the settings that was used before 8/9?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basiclly you are disliking my opinion because I called you try-hards? It is true though, you only want to play without using rage, so that's try-harding. And I never insulted anyone, I simply called you try-hards.
And there's a difference between being a scout who goomba stomps, and a medic who is just really good, who can damage the hale a lot, it's totally uncomparable.

The amounts of damage can be more evenly distributed because it takes longer, so that other players also can get to him.
No, if you would have read my whole comment you'd seen that in the end I wrote that I aggre with your opinion. I only want to play without rage because I think that the rage is way to powerful and that it ruins the game. That doesnt make me a try-hard and it sure doesnt give you the right to insult me and my friends. And yes, try-hard is an insult since you use it in the way of making me and my friends feel bad about being and doing good ingame. If you dont belive that it's an insult please look up the word try-hard in urban dictionary and enlighten yourself, they really do explain it perfectly there.

How is it uncomparable? A really good gomba stomping scout and a really good medic can both do huge amount of damage. For example can a really good medic help an mediocre heavy get over 6k in damage which, if you count the heavys and the medics damage is over 12k. And getting 12k for a really good scout takes him 6 goomba stomps (used to be 4) to do, which is quite hard but still doable for a really good scout. And trust me when I say that doing 6 goomba stomps for a really good scout takes time, so it's not like he prevents other people from playing and doing damage to hale.
So saying they cant be compared is like saying you cant compare any class with another.

You don't even need to goomba Hale to kill him. Goomba stomp isn't even part of the actual game mode, it's just a silly plugin that has been added to make it easier for you. Now think for a second, what would happen if we completely removed goomba stomping? I see two options.

1. You quit and sob in a corner that your precious plugin has been removed.
2. You get used to the change and play the game mode how it was meant to be played, instead of relying on some plugin to be good.

You don't even need to goomba Hale to kill him. Goomba stomp isn't even part of the actual game mode, it's just a silly plugin that has been added to make it easier for you. Now think for a second, what would happen if we completely removed goomba stomping? I see two options.

1. You quit and sob in a corner that your precious plugin has been removed.
2. You get used to the change and play the game mode how it was meant to be played, instead of relying on some plugin to be good.
This is so irrelevant to the discussion, it's like bringing up how the mantreads (when worn you can jump really high with rocketlauncher) and market gardener (hit hale while you still are in the air and deal 2k dmg) are plugins and how ppl would feel if they were removed. So irrelevant.

This is so irrelevant to the discussion, it's like bringing up how the mantreads (when worn you can jump really high with rocketlauncher) and market gardener (hit hale while you still are in the air and deal 2k dmg) are plugins and how ppl would feel if they were removed. So irrelevant.
That's because the Market Gardener and Mantreads ARE part of the game mode, just like Crit-a-Cola gets crits instead of mini-crits, Phlog giving Pyro immunity to damage while taunting, Battalion's Backup provides damage resistance. Do you even know what's the difference between weapons that were updated specifically for the game mode by the creators and a plugin that was found on the internet that is not part of the original game mode?

That's because the Market Gardener and Mantreads ARE part of the game mode, just like Crit-a-Cola gets crits instead of mini-crits, Phlog giving Pyro immunity to damage while taunting, Battalion's Backup provides damage resistance. Do you even know what's the difference between weapons that were updated specifically for the game mode by the creators and a plugin that was found on the internet?
Oh okey, I guess I did not know that, thanks for telling me. But I still think your comment was quite irrelevant since it has nothing to do with if the goomba stomp should be changed back or not, and I really do not think the goomba stomp is there to make it easier since it is quite hard and takes alot of time to learn (ofc is that just what I think, just like you blutz think it gets easier, but we both dont really know what all the other players think so we shouldnt say that it's in fact easier or harder). I think it's there because it's a ''new'' way of playing vsh.

No, if you would have read my whole comment you'd seen that in the end I wrote that I aggre with your opinion. I only want to play without rage because I think that the rage is way to powerful and that it ruins the game. That doesnt make me a try-hard and it sure doesnt give you the right to insult me and my friends. And yes, try-hard is an insult since you use it in the way of making me and my friends feel bad about being and doing good ingame. If you dont belive that it's an insult please look up the word try-hard in urban dictionary and enlighten yourself, they really do explain it perfectly there.

How is it uncomparable? A really good gomba stomping scout and a really good medic can both do huge amount of damage. For example can a really good medic help an mediocre heavy get over 6k in damage which, if you count the heavys and the medics damage is over 12k. And getting 12k for a really good scout takes him 6 goomba stomps (used to be 4) to do, which is quite hard but still doable for a really good scout. And trust me when I say that doing 6 goomba stomps for a really good scout takes time, so it's not like he prevents other people from playing and doing damage to hale.
So saying they cant be compared is like saying you cant compare any class with another.

Honestly, if you take being called a try-hard as an insult, you can just get out of here already. And I don't care if you're doing good or bad, fact is you are try-hards and you are against people using rage, and I guess you could say you only earned a lot of points by doing a hell of a lot goomba-stomps, which, as I said, was too overpowered.

It takes a lot of skills, not just being a good goomba-stomper, to cause a lot of damage as medic. It takes hella lotta skills to do that. And the heavy and medic thing, it's a combination. A medic and a heavy can't just run around the map, hoping to cause 2.3k damage in 1 second like a scout does. No, instead, a heavy and a medic sits in a spot and waits until they can trap him, that's the way they cause a lot of damage.

Aaaand yes it prevents other people from causing damage. If you, as 1 scout cause 10-15k damage, you've already killed him 60% and basically not allowing the people who are not as good as you, to get any points.

The rounds when I get most points (I dont know how many points 1 goomba gives but I sure as hell have noticed that when I play medic or demoman I rank up faster than when I play scout) and I play demoman and medic alot so me only earning points by goomba stomping is not true.

No ofc the medic and heavy cant, but are they risking their life jumping around hale all the time for that 2,3k(btw I thought it was 2k with crit, 1.5k without crit and 2.5k with mantreads?) dmg? no they are siting in a spot and waiting for the hale to come, which means that the scout is the one who has to put his life at risk all the time so ofc should he get more rewarded than the camping heavy and medic.

Yes but it's not like a scout is gonna do 10-15k in a row, that takes time. Or do you see many scouts doing 10 goombas under 1 min? cuz frankly I've never seen that, unless it's an afk hale which should be slayed or kicked for being afk, please do tell me if im wrong here. So if you're talking about an afk hale I get it but otherwise I dont.

And ofc the skilled players will always deal more damage and get more points than the less skilled and that's kinda how it should be.

which means that the scout is the one who has to put his life at risk all the time
Spy and Pyro have something to say.

Anyway, Scout doesn't have to risk his life, because Hale is the one that has to come to the enemy team, not the other way around. Like I said, either get used to the change, be a support Scout with Milk and Sandman, or deal damage the old fashioned way.

Reactions: Fiescha
Spy and Pyro have something to say.

Anyway, Scout doesn't have to risk his life, because Hale is the one that has to come to the enemy team, not the other way around. Like I said, either get used to the change, be a support Scout with Milk and Sandman, or deal damage the old fashioned way.
I never said I was against the change.. Im actually for the nerf just like I said in my first comment. I just didnt agree with what pootis said in his argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread