Goomba damage back to old one (2 Viewers)

Should we change back the VSH goomba damage settings back to the settings that was used before 8/9?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calypso

Lately Saxton hale server had update-nerf goomba damage from 3,3k to 2k (mini-crit) and from 2,5k to 1,5k, i have heared many people complaining about that it should be changed back (including me), so mabye we could put it on vote.

Do a poll then.
For my part I feel that Goomba is better as 1500 than at 2500, 'cause there is less scouts.

Personally, I enjoyed the 3k mini-crit goomba stomp, however I believe it was too easy to gain so much points (and especially if the hale is AFK and no admin is online), you can easily damage about 18k and gain like 70 points, therefore I think it should stay as it is now.

I haven't heard a single complaint from anyone about goomba being bad just because the damage was slightly lowered. I understand that you wanna keep your "title" as the first player on gameME, but come on. [sarcasm] Why not just remove Hale's rage all together, because apparently people think that anyone who uses it is a "noob". [/sarcasm]

Personally, I enjoyed the 3k mini-crit goomba stomp, however I believe it was too easy to gain so much points (and especially if the hale is AFK and no admin is online), you can easily damage about 18k and gain like 70 points, therefore I think it should stay as it is now.
You only get normal points(if u press tab, but not Gameme points, so it doesnt change ranking system)

I haven't heard a single complaint from anyone about goomba being bad just because the damage was slightly lowered. I understand that you wanna keep your "title" as the first player on gameME, but come on. [sarcasm] Why not just remove Hale's rage all together, because apparently people think that anyone who uses it is a "noob". [/sarcasm]
There are not many people who talk about it in chat, but many people in my friend list have, and about rage thing, i dont call everyone who use rage "noobs", it is just clan rule (u can not use rage, everyone are free to use it who are not in that clan)

There are not many people who talk about it in chat, but many people in my friend list have, and about rage thing, i dont call everyone who use rage "noobs", it is just clan rule (u can not use rage, everyone are free to use it who are not in that clan)
So, from what I understand only you and the others that are in your clan don't like the change. Alright.

Goombas are generally overpowered. Being a skilled scout with winger against a 'not so skilled' hale = instant points. And since winger allows you to jump higher, and gives you mini-crit, it's like a perfect combo, to gain tons of points. Goombas are indeed hard to perform if you are not EvoWarrior5, and I believe it's fine as it is now, 1500-2000 dmg each.

And as Blutz said, it's only you and your try-hard group who hates on everyone who uses rage who's against this. If I get a lot of complains from other players about this, I might take it to reconsideration, but as it is now, it's fine.

Reactions: Fiescha
Goombas are generally overpowered. Being a skilled scout with winger against a 'not so skilled' hale = instant points. And since winger allows you to jump higher, and gives you mini-crit, it's like a perfect combo, to gain tons of points. Goombas are indeed hard to perform if you are not EvoWarrior5, and I believe it's fine as it is now, 1500-2000 dmg each.

And as Blutz said, it's only you and your try-hard group who hates on everyone who uses rage who's against this. If I get a lot of complains from other players about this, I might take it to reconsideration, but as it is now, it's fine.
actually it is not only our group...

I like it as the same damage as what a spy backstab can do. The nerf is kinda the same as a backstab damage right? Both require skill (or luck ;) ) so I think it's fair :)

There are other ways to play Scout other than jumping around for 3-5 minutes just to get one goomba. Play as a support with Milk and Sandman to help your team. Or if you want to deal damage, do it old school by using any primary, Crit-a-Cola/Guillotine, Wrap Assassin.

I like it as the same damage as what a spy backstab can do. The nerf is kinda the same as a backstab damage right? Both require skill (or luck ;) ) so I think it's fair :)
The backstab damage is calculated by how much max health Hale has, which is determined by how many players are in the server.

Well Goomba is what makes the saxton hale server popular(debatable but meh). The nerf isn't exactly the end of the world...There's even like a clan or something dedicated to it and when they come on as a group hale is very stressful and most likely will be killed or just have high damage on it...Well, depending on the player...

If the people who are complaining about it on vsh should come to the forums if they really want to do something about it instead of complaining. Then things get done. So like Calypso came, where is the rest of them?

well being a skilled for example medic or soldier against a non skilled hale gives you much dmg and many points as well, so I don't think you should use that as an argument against goombas, and if now hale gets goombad really much because he/she is not so good she/he can always use rage.

And I really do not appreciate that you call our group ''try-hards'' just because we enjoy vsh and the goomba effect. And why would you say that we are calling hales (who use rage) noobs and as you say hate on them, since 95% or even more of all people who ''hate'' on hale are not in the G҉O҉O҉M҉B҉A҉- group.

Btw I do not think that the goomba dmg should be changed back due to what pootis said in his first post before he started insulting ppl.

I also think the new Goomba dmg is more balanced, Winger scout can still easily finnish damage mvp #1(note: not talking about GameME mvp) with just 2 goomba's (5k dmg).

This Goomba nerf has also made Market Gardner solly more viable, which I like.

and above all, the new goomba damage nerf gives me more time to kick afk hales now ^^

Last edited:
well, if hale is afk, u still get same amount points, but just abit longer time.....

I also think the new Goomba dmg is more balanced, Winger scout can still easily finnish damage mvp #1(note: not talking about GameME mvp) with just 2 goomba's (5k dmg).

This Goomba nerf has also made Market Gardner solly more viable, which I like.

and above all, the new goomba damage nerf gives me more time to kick afk hales now ^^
Yes the market gardener is nice, but sometimes (quite often) it can get a little bit much when there are 11 soldiers using it at the same time, but that also only happens on the map military area. Maybe later someone could make a vote about if the soldier class should be limited, just like the scout class. But if so I think the sniper class should be limited to 4 players aswell since on the map dustshowdown there are often around 7 or more snipers :)
This should probably not be in the goomba discussion, sowwy^^

Reactions: Calypso
well being a skilled for example medic or soldier against a non skilled hale gives you much dmg and many points as well, so I don't think you should use that as an argument against goombas, and if now hale gets goombad really much because he/she is not so good she/he can always use rage.

And I really do not appreciate that you call our group ''try-hards'' just because we enjoy vsh and the goomba effect. And why would you say that we are calling hales (who use rage) noobs and as you say hate on them, since 95% or even more of all people who ''hate'' on hale are not in the G҉O҉O҉M҉B҉A҉- group.

Btw I do not think that the goomba dmg should be changed back due to what pootis said in his first post before he started insulting ppl.

So basically you are disliking my opinion because I called you try-hards? It is true though, you only want to play without using rage, so that's try-harding. And I never insulted anyone, I simply called you try-hards.
And there's a difference between being a scout who goomba stomps, and a medic who is just really good, who can damage the hale a lot, it's totally uncomparable.

well, if hale is afk, u still get same amount points, but just abit longer time.....
The amounts of damage can be more evenly distributed because it takes longer, so that other players also can get to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread