Declined Give Goomba Stomp a delay between stomps. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMedicFully

Donator
Contributor
Hi hi,

I was thinking about Goomba Stomp having a delay between stomps so it's not spammy, cause you know, Winger Scouts or Soldiers rocket jumping so Pyro's flare jumping or anything else can be nasty if you hit like 3 stomps in a row and end up deleting maybe 4.5k health or even more depending on the health of course.

So my Idea is, make it have a 5 seconds delay or longer.

I can see the No's already by some Scout mains spamming stomps with the Winger

Would like to see a video of this in action, seems a bit confusing.

Also is this only for FF2?

I see nothing confusing about this, the Player alone only has a cooldown of X seconds before they can do another goomba stomp..

No for VSH aswell, cause it's a dumb mechanic and ruins lots of gameplay for both sides.

I'm not a big fan of attacks such a market garden, goomba or backstab. I've seen experienced spies literaly rape bosses and get over 9k dmg every round

• Scared
Reactions: blood3y
Are you telling me I won't be able to farm damage on afks anymore?!? :mad:

Jokes aside I wouldn't mind this change, goomba is a dumb mechanic anyway imo.

• Agree
Reactions: UberMedicFully
I feel like Goomba doesnt need any further nerfs after the recent dmg nerf. Yes, you can still do massive dmg with goomba but the times you have 2 goomba hale for that is way more now. And that you goomba a hale 3-4 times in a row is something i rarely see. (expect crevice but its kinda hales fault for going up when someone is up there)
Wingerscout is also a risk-reward thingy cause you have 2 get real close 2 hale if you wanna goomba him and you have a high chance of just dying, if you are not just waiting on highground for the perfect timing, which if we are honest really nobody does.

Reactions: Aerial
I do agree that goombas are dumb, but after the recent damage nerf I feel like they're in a good enough spot. Nerfing them even more would be stupid and if you did, just outright remove them then.... Rn they're balanced enough between both teams, but if you made them even weaker for reds, it would just make it something reds can't really use properly but hale can insta-kill you with it. Hales do need a buff on vsh rn, but this is not the way.

The damage will be reverted i agree on it being nerfed too much afterall, so thats what i can do If this goes through.

The damage will be reverted i agree on it being nerfed too much afterall, so thats what i can do If this goes through.
Alright if the damage gets reverted, that should be fine. Still think there's no need though, they're in a good spot.

I guess if the dmg nerf will be reverted I will vote yes, but i want 2 see if everybody is fine with the dmg nerf being reverted. The Poll rn is just for Goomba delay and i can see the reverting of the nerf be a whole other discussion.

I guess if the dmg nerf will be reverted I will vote yes, but i want 2 see if everybody is fine with the dmg nerf being reverted. The Poll rn is just for Goomba delay and i can see the reverting of the nerf be a whole other discussion.
It's about balancing Goomba Stomp, so it's not entirely different.

The poll and suggestion is about the delay only? Idk what you mean

I can change the poll to reflect what compromise was discussed here? Would mean I'd have to reset it to a 7 day cooldown.

Options:

Add the delay only

Add the delay but revert back to 1500 per damage (current is ???)

Don't add the delay

I can change the poll to reflect what compromise was discussed here? Would mean I'd have to reset it to a 7 day cooldown.

Options:

Add the delay only

Don't add the delay
Yea would clear some things about thx, current value is 750 as far i know.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact

Options:

Add the delay only

Don't add the delay
I think the add the delay only option is pointless so only the two last ones. Since as agreed it would be too much.

Hi hi,

I was thinking about Goomba Stomp having a delay between stomps so it's not spammy, cause you know, Winger Scouts or Soldiers rocket jumping so Pyro's flare jumping or anything else can be nasty if you hit like 3 stomps in a row and end up deleting maybe 4.5k health or even more depending on the health of course.

So my Idea is, make it have a 5 seconds delay or longer.

I can see the No's already by some Scout mains spamming stomps with the Winger
Sorry uber, I think goomba stomp now is perfect because 1500 is sort of broken and delaying it will just make things worse.

and its gonna be quite frustrating for some players xD, like imagine we got three Scouts three soldiers all trying for the stomp or goomba for every 5 sec and still there is the chance to miss, its hard for soldier but scout is almost impossible, simply because scout plays high risk high reward so putting a delay is simply denying scout to get picked.

Hi,

On the first vote i have choosed yes, but didnt know recently goomba was changed.
The 750dmg is nice bonus to have when you accidentally land on hale, but i see is pointless now as a full time strategy. Reward is just too low now to risk, getting one shot from hale.
I think right now there is not need to neft it even more. I changed my vote to no.
We should play for some time with current state (750dmg) and see how it end up, then put vote to fully remove or revert it to 1500dmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread