Game stuttering (1 Viewer)

Hellboy

Hey to the like 7 people who's gonna read this.

I've had this problem like on and off for some time now, and I have been unable to find anything useful to fix this issue.

So my PC is stuttering when I'm playing any game now. At first I only noticed it while playing Rocket League, but then I started noticing it on TF2 too. Now, it hasn't gotten worse or anything, but I've just become so discontent with the fact I have an decently expensive machine, but it's stuttering.
My temps are all right, not fantastic but not near enough to be too hot. CPU running at about 68 degrees C obviously, and GPU at about 73 C.
RAM, CPU, GPU, neither of them are maxed out while playing.

I tried to record it with my phone, but it's not so prominent, and you have to really pay close attention to it (It's way more visible IRL) and unfortunately, while recording with any softwares, it's not visible.

But it goes like this, about half a second of clean 60 FPS gameplay, then like 1 10th of a second it stutters, and so on. It's not a constant stuttering, but a consistent stutter every half a second.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this might occur, and what I could possibly do to get rid of it?

Because I'm unable to edit my post;

I found a way to make it more prominent on my iPhone XR Max 512 GB with Airpods:

It happened to me aswell on other games like Gta V a week ago, as soon as i opened the task manager i saw the 100% disk usage from both the game and Chrome opened so i closed the browser and it didn't stutter anymore.
Dunno what it could be however in your case since we're talking about Tf2 but you could try what i said since i use the double monitor setup too

Edit~ or you can always close all the other apps you run and see if it works

Last edited:
It happened to me aswell on other games like Gta V a week ago, as soon as i opened the task manager i saw the 100% disk usage from both the game and Chrome opened so i closed the browser and it didn't stutter anymore.
Dunno what it could be however in your case since we're talking about Tf2 but you could try what i said since i use the double monitor setup too

Edit~ or you can always close all the other apps you run and see if it works

I did play without having any browser open (I use Chrome, thanks Google for using all my fkn RAM) and it solves the issue. However it's strange cause it also occasionally stops stuttering, even with my 32 tabs open. So it's got to be some other factor that's causing this, right?

Also if it's of any use, this stuttering also happens with a triple monitor setup, and not just 2.

It could be, as you said, a disk usage issue, but if it was at a 100%, it would constantly struggle to do anything, and would impact not just my framerate, but literally everything else running on my PC. I can play TF2 while it's stuttering like shit, but watch Netflix on my other screen with no issue. With MSI Afterburner I don't believe there's an option to enable disk usage in the display, so I haven't really been monitoring that.

Users who are viewing this thread