Bored gamer

Banned
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Miles Edgeworth
Steam ID STEAM_0:0:531404858
Date and Time of the Ban:
2024-01-27 03:28:19
Reason about the Ban: "toxic chat logs"
Admin that Banned you: denzel crocker
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban: so first off half of my "Toxic chat logs" are me fighting back aginst kenya who keeps harrasing me with calling me a nazi and keeps being annoying to me just to povoke me and get me a gagged and as you know from my past appeals i had gotten gagged for the same reason with people povoking me so they can get me gagged so i feel like i should be be allowed to fight back aginst kenya and not get gagged for it :)

Although I've recently been told I can't search through chatlogs to gag on most occasions (as a Trial's job is generally to monitor what's on the server when they're on it), the one exception I've been told I can is if the player has previous perm, which you do.

The top and bottom chatlogs in this image are what influenced me to gag you:
bandicam 2024-01-26 20-06-14-412.jpg

I looked through chatlogs from the previous day and there is more insults/namecalling in there, but to avoid making this a long post I won't post them.

People getting under your skin or annoying you for whatever reason doesn't give you the excuse to retaliate and namecall/insult back. You have been told this before. If Kenya did call you a nazi, which to be completely honest I can't recall, she likely got a warning and stopped from there as she did not have a comm history at the time. Kenya should not have said that, yes, but insulting and trying to pick fights with her doesn't make the situation better, it only makes it worse.

I normally give out one warning for being toxic but you have a history of toxicity and gags (including a previous perm), and @Cowboy even outright told me to gag you should I find evidence of you insulting people again. On Tuesday night, your toxicity/anger got to the point where Cowboy kicked you outright to get you to calm down. I'd actually consider it lucky he didn't gag you right there considering your history (BTW, the chatlogs I looked through after I gave you this gag which showed more proof of toxicity were all after this).

@Ian (my mentor) will handle this report.

• Agree
Reactions: _Black
Although I've recently been told I can't search through chatlogs to gag on most occasions, the one exception I've been told I can is if the player has previous perm, which you do.

View attachment 29946
I looked through chatlogs from the previous day and there is more insults/namecalling in there, but to avoid making this a long post I won't post them.

People getting under your skin or annoying you for whatever reason doesn't give you the excuse to retaliate and namecall/insult back. You have been told this before. If Kenya did call you a nazi, which to be completely honest I can't recall, she likely got a warning and stopped from there as she did not have a comm history at the time. Kenya should not have said that, yes, but insulting and trying to pick fights with her doesn't make the situation better, it only makes it worse.

I normally give out one warning for being toxic but you have a history of toxicity and gags (including a previous perm), and @Cowboy even outright told me to gag you should I find evidence of you insulting people again. On Tuesday night, your toxicity/anger got to the point where Cowboy kicked you outright to get you to calm down. I'd actually consider it lucky he didn't gag you right there considering your history (BTW, the chatlogs I looked through after I gave you this gag which showed more proof of toxicity were all after this).

from what that looks like it has 1 good gaggable reason the rest are just like normal chat logs

• Disagree
from what that looks like it has 1 good gaggable reason the rest are just like normal chat logs
Although I've recently been told I can't search through chatlogs to gag on most occasions (as a Trial's job is generally to monitor what's on the server when they're on it), the one exception I've been told I can is if the player has previous perm, which you do.

View attachment 29947

why did kenya not get mute for calling me a nazi?

• Indifferent

View attachment 29947

and no she did not stop and no you gave her no warning

• Dislike
I specifically mentioned the top and bottom chatlogs -- the one at the very top (the "dumbass" one) and the one at the very bottom (the "FUCKING ASSHOLE" one). The rest of the them are irrelevant and didn't factor in.

and no she did not stop and no you gave her no warning
Look, if I did happen to miss it, I apologize. Not every admin is perfect, we do make slip-ups.

That still doesn't excuse your behavior. If you a really having a problem with someone, gather some evidence (via screenshots or recording) and post a report on the forums. Namecalling/insulting doesn't resolve the situation.

I specifically mentioned the top and bottom chatlogs -- the one at the very top (the "dumbass" one) and the one at the very bottom (the "FUCKING ASSHOLE" one). The rest of the them are irrelevant and didn't factor in.
but explain to me why kenya got away with NO warns or a mute after she starts shit

but explain to me why kenya got away with NO warns or a mute after she starts shit
I explained that if I did miss it I apologize, we admins do sometimes slip-up.
my behavior is from her keep calling me a nazi, bringing up past names and being a pain
That still is not an excuse to namecall/insult back.

I'm not arguing this further. My mentor @Ian will decide the verdict.

(P.S. I don't know why felt the need to make multiple replies instead of just compiling all of them into one reply).

Look, if I did happen to miss it, I apologize. Not every admin is perfect, we do make slip-ups.

That still doesn't excuse your behavior. If you a really having a problem with someone, gather some evidence (via screenshots or recording) and post a report on the forums. Namecalling/insulting doesn't resolve the situation.
and how can i do that if medal.tv does'nt open?

• Haha
Well this thread got out of hand.

I'm gonna go ahead and tag myself in here and give my own 2 cents since my name got involved with this appeal.

Looking through Kenya's chatlogs i really am not seeing any level of toxicity other than some passive aggressiveness and some comments that are a bit snarky but nothing outside of the usual tf2 banter. However i know that she is primarily a mic user so there could be something going on there, but i dont have evidence of it. If you have any recorded evidence you can by all means report it. However your own behavior and attitude just generally stinks and players do not enjoy playing with you.

You tend to act like an immature child who throws a fit and insults other players in a stupid meme TF2 mode thats supposed to be fun. I have gagged you in the past for the same exact behavior you are exhibiting as of late.

Personally i think you need the hammer and this gag should stick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread