Free for All on TFDB servers? (1 Viewer)

FFA?

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubs

Hey!! I'm back and as someone mentioned in my last suggestion, I was pretty messy. I've come back with another suggestion for the dodgeball servers, Free for all mode. (Activated by !ffa)

I have thought this over and over again trying to think of flaws, but I couldn't think of very many.

The only thing that would seem to be a problem is that the download time would be extended, and as I saw in my last post, youguys care very much about it. Another one would be finding a plug-in.

Even though free for all (ffa) its self explanatory, I'll do a short explanation. Free for all mode in TFDB (Team Fortress DodgeBall) is when the rocket can target anyone, same team or not. Last survivor is the winner.

Finally, I believe that there is indeed a plug-in for this, considering I see Ffa mode on other servers. Thanks for reading!

For those of you voting "no" can you provide a reason I just want to see what everyone thinks...

FFA on a normal DB server would be messy since some would activate it and some would deactivate it.
This could even be abused with a macro. (Turning it off whenever you think you die to a friendly rocket)

If you don't mind me asking is there a video example of this? Of a server running it? I'm slightly confused by this concept.

If you don't mind me asking is there a video example of this? Of a server running it? I'm slightly confused by this concept.
Sure, let me
Well since currently I'm not at my house, I can't give you ip for a server. I can explain it thoroughly though.

So when you type !ffa and everyone votes it in (just like how they vote for Player vs Bot) it turns it on. When you airblast a rocket, it can go to ANYONE, whether it's blue team or red team.

Not sure how much clearer I can make it, so I'll give you an example. Say you are on "blu" team, and the spawn rocket heads to you. You then, let's say, backshot it. It can go for a person that is on "blu" even though you are on "blu" team.

FFA on a normal DB server would be messy since some would activate it and some would deactivate it.
This could even be abused with a macro. (Turning it off whenever you think you die to a friendly rocket)
In my opinion, you're overthinking it. I feel as if people won't abuse it, make it a rule. And why would people be going back and forth? Make it so 3/4 of the people have to agree to turn ffa on, right?

well this is "TEAM" Fortress 2 so idk how that would even work

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: Mr.Pig and Vecomti
It sounds like a cute idea. Are there any servers that are popular with this type of dodgeball?

Edit : I know the vote isn't gonna go through but I thought it sounds good to try out for myself :p

Last edited:
Seems like sarcasm, if not there already are servers with it...
I dunno, never really heard of such a thing except disabled friendly fire and even that doesn't work on my DB server, nothing changes

It sounds like a cute idea. Are there any servers that are popular with this type of dodgeball?

Edit : I know the vote isn't gonna go through but I thought it sounds good to try out for myself :p
There aren't many servers that are "popular" because of it, it's just that some people would like it.

Also on ur edit it does seem like fun and you should try it.

I have previously played a server with the Free-for-all plugin (DISC-FF) and it's fun. However with the rules being set in the Panda server, I think it's hard to get players actually follow the rules when you play free for all.

When you enabled the free for all gamemode, anyone can airblast the rocket, even you can reflect your rocket as much as you can (And the rule specifically states that you cannot steal the rocket).

Fix the rules first, then my vote would be a yes.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Capp and DeadSworn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread