Freak Fortress Eureka Effect (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intellectus

Since the last update the EE does no longer replenish metal on teleporation to spawn, it's biggest compatibilty issue with FF2. Also, it's drawbacks would make it a fairly balanced weapon to use (maybe slightly underpowered, but far better for quick getaways and constructing getaway teleporters).

You have natural metal regeneration, it seems pointless to refill your metal unless you're one of those Engineers that like to spam the Short Circuit.

If it still teleports you to spawn, then it does its job well enough in my opinion.

Yes, I suppose metal is not a problem on this server. But if you're using EE, your metal regen will be cut to half when using this weapon, causing (no longer present) metal refills to remove half its drawbacks.

If you are not using the Short Circuit like a cheap-ass, then you should have no issues with this wrench in its current state.

The metal regeneration being halved is actually a good thing with this wrench, as the teleportation to spawn is actually very powerful, especially on larger maps. You build on the other end of the map, you teleport and instantly piss off the hale that now has to run all the way back to the main spawn.

It makes Engineer a little bit harder, sure... it also makes them require skill instead of just needing the Short Circuit to win, as they cannot build their sentries directly to level 3 with a teleport entrance and exit being built at the same time.

Giving full metal back when you are still able to regenerate 10 metal per 'tick' feels unnecessary to me. By the time you have successfully teleported, I would expect the Engineer to have recovered at least 60 metal, which combined with his current metal, I expect the player would be able to build a new machine within the next few seconds.

I'm afraid I don't know what this thread is about, if it's about removing then your better off with a bloody short curcuit removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread