Completed [Forum] Suggestion: Ignore Threads (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
32$ seems a bit much for such a feature only a handful will use.
not sure if its useful.

It's only useful for those who are annoyed by the posts but, does it really matter If you can just ignore those threads?

32$ seems a bit much for such a feature only a handful will use.
not sure if its useful.
The price is quite steep for what it is I agree. But I couldn't find an alternative and I do believe more than a handful will use it as you could also ignore the report forum or news posts by the panda bot if you don't care about them. Either way, I'm totally fine with sending some money if it means we can get the plugin because the only alternative for me would be ignoring members instead which is a much worse solution.

It's only useful for those who are annoyed by the posts but, does it really matter If you can just ignore those threads?
I don't understand the argument. Simply ignoring the threads is exactly what people are doing right now. But it's still annoying when you have to sift through a bunch of irrelevant threads just to read threads that interest you. It's not like you can simply not see them if you put your mind to it. They're still there. And judging by the votes it's something quite a few people are tired of. If you're happy to continue looking at those threads, feel free. The plugin would be entirely optional to use. There's no harm in allowing people to customize their forum experience.

I don't understand the argument. Simply ignoring the threads is exactly what people are doing right now. But it's still annoying when you have to sift through a bunch of irrelevant threads just to read threads that interest you. It's not like you can simply not see them if you put your mind to it. They're still there. And judging by the votes it's something quite a few people are tired of. If you're happy to continue looking at those threads, feel free. The plugin would be entirely optional to use. There's no harm in allowing people to customize their forum experience.
I agree, the posts that no one really cares about are pretty much overfloating the Forum If i could say it like that lol.

Great suggestion guys! Just one small problem: Once you remove jailbreak and OT threads there will be no other content left on the forums. The "interesting stuff getting buried underneath" that you guys talk about doesn't exist! They days of panda being a diverse community with multiple different gamemodes are long gone and it's all jailbreak now 🙂

Just a heads up

So it's clear what the poll results are but I think the price is the problem.

@Zeprus has offered some money (unsure of amount) . I'm not sure if this is enough to convince Kevin to chip in with the rest.
I'll leave this open a little longer. I'll talk with Kevin about this after about a week if no other update on this.

unsure of amount
However much is required to pay for it. Obviously I'd prefer if I didn't have to cover the entire cost so if someone else wants to cover a part of it I would very much appreciate it. :)

Edit: To clarify - this is for the first time payment which covers updates for 12 months. No promises for anything past that but I doubt the plugin requires updating if nothing severely changes either way.

So an update now publicly about this. Kevin is ok with it so long as someone funds it completely.

I've tasked this up #250 Forum Ignore Plugin and contacted Zeprus as Zeprus seems to be the only one willing to pay for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread