Declined [Forum] If possible extend time for perms to edit and delete forum messages. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehlinx

ok I'm not really good at making arguments and forum posts so bare with me

every time people usually make forum post the time to make any changes or delete it is only 15 mins (allegedly) after 15 mins you can no-longer edit or delete it. personally as someone who usually somehow misses typos a lot. I find that these rules may not be the best. as for example: lets say you make a post/appeal/tryout form (or "whatever the fuck") and then realize that you made a typo, you try to rush and fix it but it seems that 15 mins have passed. thus making the ("whatever the fuck") look un-professional or just make you look kind of stupid infront of the admins. or lets say after posting the ("whatever the fuck") you realize that something you did made it invalid and then 15mins have passed. these are the only problems right now that i can think of off the top of my head.

and thought I may understand that some people may abuse this feature if the timer was removed. so if that said problem arises i am fine with the 15m mark just being extended to an hour or like 45-20 mins.

-Tehlinx

ps. I hope my thoughts were projected well enough to make me not sound stupid this time. also mb for the formal essay type shit. i am treading on a thin-line in these forums

pps: if there is a typo in this. this just proves my point. or maybe I'm illiterate

You can just proof read before you post and within those 15 mins proof read yet again. Spelling mistakes won't have that much of an effect, but if you need corrections you can ask an moderator to make those edits for it.
If timer is extended it just opens up abuse possibilities.

• Agree
Reactions: tehlinx and Mikey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread