Declined Fitz's Guard Ban Appeal. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SourceBans Ban URL: https://www.panda-community.com/ I couldn't find it in the ban page or whatever, so I asked how I could find it in the shoutbox on the main page, and Mandact supplied to me the information. Just scroll up a bit and you should find our brief conversation.
Name of my Banned Steam Account: Fitz
Steam ID: 478661697 ? I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-02-25 | 23:21:11
Reason for the Ban: Failwarden
Admin that Banned me: Bambi
Why this Ban should be lifted:

Alright, let me explain. So I do play Guard a lot, but I'm usually NEVER warden. And when I am, most of the time I'm back stabbed by a spy. Usually TWC, but that's besides the point. Out of ALL the time I've had a successful round as Warden was twice, and one of those times it was Hide and Seek. So, naturally, I didn't expect myself to live that long. Everything was going alright? until dodgeball, when there were three RED's remaining. I asked the RED's to go to the start of Minefield. I got confused as to where the start of Minefield was, and so I freehit a RED. Of course, I received some backlash, and I apologized.

Here is when it went downhill. I said "last prisoner alive get's LR". And there ended up being two prisoners left. I started to panic and switched my order to "first RED to finish gets LR". I was reminded that I couldn't change orders while the minigame was taking place, and the two RED's finished the minigame. Now insert major panic. I asked the two remaining prisoners why they should live and why they shouldn't die. While they began to argue with me, one of the BLU spies backstabbed and freekilled one of the RED's, and there was one left. There was very little time remaining, and I tried to give the prisoner LR, but I fucked it up, and the round ended.

This is when Bambi decided to ban me from being guard and start to chastise me for not being confident in my orders. So that's the story. If Bambi reads this, then he/she/whatever can maybe confirm this story as true? Bambi's side of the story may be different, but I expect it to be relatively the same.

Now, yes. I was a terrible Warden. But I don't think I deserve a 2 hour ban.

As with everything else, being Warden takes practice. Now, you may try and counter and tell me "bUt FiTz, YoU hAvE tO rEaD tHe RuLeS tHoUrOuGhLy!".

Yeah, I did, and I still fucked up. Why? Because again, as I explained at the beginning, I don't have much experience as Warden. With that lack of experience, understandably, there will be times that I'm going to screw up. But just reading "How to Be Warden Effectively" isn't immediately going to make me a good warden. It's like rocket jumping, y'know? Yes, you do have to read, learn, and understand the mechanics of rocket jumping. But that's only half the battle. In order to actually be able to rocket jump, you have to practice with it. Rocket jumping take time. And so does being Warden.

So, to conclude; Was I a terrible Warden? Yes. Could I become a good, or even great Warden? Yes. Is giving me a 2 hour ban going to help me get the experience to become an effective Warden?

No, no, definitely not.

Please take into consideration of what I said, and Bambi, if you are reading this, I'm over my initial 'salt' stage, and I would like to apologize for being rude to you after the round where you placed that ban on me. While you are right about me needing confidence and needing to understand where things are in the map, banning me from being guard for 2 hours isn't exactly going to help me fix that.

You're still a pretty cool guy for giving me that freeday a couple of days ago. That was the first time someone gave me freeday in their LR.

Hey fitz

Just to start off. I didn't teamban you because you lack confidence. There was multiple reasons why I did so, mainly starting with what happened at minefield.

You told reds to go to the start, you however didn't even know where the start was and started attacking a red. So already, one of the reds has low hp before they start minefield. You say to begin minefield then make continuous progress. At some point you say "first red to finish gets lr" which is an illegal order because the minigame has already started. The reds finish and other people remind you that you cant give lr yet. At this point you start to panic before one of the guards blatantly freekills one of the reds, prompting me respawn the affected red. I tried telling you not to give lr yet but you didn't listen to me and still tried to. Hence me taking everything in, and deciding to give you a team ban.

It might be harsh and sure, Id believe you if you told me you read the rules. But asking questions mid round on what to do as warden, and where things are constantly is what ate up a lot of the round time to begin with. So with the team ban, I expect you'll spend more time watching how others go warden, as well as learning the ins and outs of the maps we got which should fix most of your issues. The team ban itself is intentionally not a very long one either, so you can wait it out.

@Ranger Ciri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread