FF2 New Possible Rules. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broski

So I've been Thinking, and though its not official I have came up with a few new for admins to help out new comers, as I have put these rules to test quietly and they have proven effective.

1) For Scouts/Sollys could also Apply for soem Sticky Demos, Runnign away from the hale gets very tedious, so If the runner is not attacking, and continuously runs, Tell them to start attacking the hale, if the run more than they attack then freeze them for about 2 - 3 seconds, If they are not killed by the hale and continue to run then slay them.

2) In certain maps there are spots on the map that players can stand on, but shouldn't be able to, I know it is breaking a rule to be in a place the Hale cannot access, the hale can access these places but as the platforms are small he cannot land on them making the hale have to hit the player while jumping or falling back down, if a player is seen in these places a Warning and a Slap from the platform should work, if they continue, then slay them.

3) Engi Teleglitch, I have seen once or twice engineers placing their teleporters in such a way as to get their teammates stuck, I know we will be teleported back to spawn if the server detects that we are stuck but it is still unacceptable, Warning and a slay should discourage the Engineers from doing this.

4) More recent one, but Playing as a sniper is difficult anyway, but sometimes players feel it is fun to block a scoping sniper, I found simply Slapping them out of the way seemed to work, continuous blocking should be met with a warning first, then if they continue a slay.

It is 4 simple rules as the main rules cover everything here, I thought I;d add these due to recent activitys I have seen within the server, A respawn command would be much appreciated as we sometimes have to due admin stuff durng a match and we get killed by the hale, or if we slay someone due to wrong name spelling and such, I hope this recieves a good reception, I dont intend for this to seem like Im trying to enforce these straight away, I have done these rules myself quietly and they do seem to work.

Thanks for reading <3

2) In certain maps there are spots on the map that players can stand on, but shouldn't be able to, I know it is breaking a rule to be in a place the Hale cannot access, the hale can access these places but as the platforms are small he cannot land on them making the hale have to hit the player while jumping or falling back down, if a player is seen in these places a Warning and a Slap from the platform should work, if they continue, then slay them.
If they just stand on the same spot all the time without dealing a good amount of damage (like only using the winger and doing like 200-300 damage before they run out of ammo) it should be counted as camping - which already is forbidden.

1) For Scouts/Sollys could also Apply for soem Sticky Demos, Runnign away from the hale gets very tedious, so If the runner is not attacking, and continuously runs, Tell them to start attacking the hale, if the run more than they attack then freeze them for about 2 - 3 seconds, If they are not killed by the hale and continue to run then slay them.
When I see this (which I usually do) I just tell them exactly what you wrote here; but I toggle timebomb on them instead of freezing them. With the simple reason they perhaps start attacking the hale before the timer goes down to 0 and I can disable the timebomb. This is pretty much just counted as delaying the round if you want my honest opinion, regardless which class you are playing as.

A respawn command would be much appreciated as we sometimes have to due admin stuff durng a match and we get killed by the hale, or if we slay someone due to wrong name spelling and such
Yes, please... and perhaps a teleportation command as some people get stuck in some maps and that can't always be fixed with a ton of slaps (arena_gravary *cough*)

• Agree
Reactions: mermite
3) Engi Teleglitch, I have seen once or twice engineers placing their teleporters in such a way as to get their teammates stuck, I know we will be teleported back to spawn if the server detects that we are stuck but it is still unacceptable, Warning and a slay should discourage the Engineers from doing this.

There is a plugin that can destroy the Engineers' Entrance Teleporters.
In order to do that, use this command: sm_forcecmd [name] "destroy 1 0"
It will force an Engineer to destroy their Entrance Teleporter. The command won't do anything if the Engineer has not built the Entrance Teleporter.

• Useful
Reactions: mermite

It's called teaming.

It's called exploiting.

4) More recent one, but Playing as a sniper is difficult anyway, but sometimes players feel it is fun to block a scoping sniper, I found simply Slapping them out of the way seemed to work, continuous blocking should be met with a warning first, then if they continue a slay.

It's called griefing.

A respawn command would be much appreciated as we sometimes have to due admin stuff durng a match and we get killed by the hale, or if we slay someone due to wrong name spelling and such,

Yes.

I appreciate the feedback, I thought I'd put these here as I have tested them, and they are ways to deal with the issue, as for the feedback it does make sense, It was just bothering me to see all of these things doing, maybe though what evo has said these are covered by the main rules, so I can look at these in a weird sub-rule meaning, If I made any sense....Im hella tired atm XD

So I've been Thinking, and though its not official I have came up with a few new for admins to help out new comers, as I have put these rules to test quietly and they have proven effective.

I see alot of people do This , Btw Good Job On The Thread i Hope These Become the new rules! :D:

There is a plugin that can destroy the Engineers' Entrance Teleporters.
In order to do that, use this command: sm_forcecmd [name] "destroy 1 0"
It will force an Engineer to destroy their Entrance Teleporter. The command won't do anything if the Engineer has not built the Entrance Teleporter.
added to VSH and FF2, should be active after next map :)

Reactions: Broski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread