Declined [FF2] New Boss suggestion "Merasmus" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddox

Donator
Since my previous post got denied due to a lot of bosses being in the queue to get added,i'll try posting this a second time to see what the players think.

Formerly the Soldier's roommate, he is a magician that comes every Halloween to wreck havoc on the TF mercenaries.
This boss was originally made by Ravensbro, but just like my version Genji and Hat Kid, I reworked him to have the similar abilities which is used in the effect of his Wheel of Fate and magics as the Halloween boss.

Stats
Class: Sniper
Health Formula:(((760+n)*n)^1.04)/3
Lives: 3
Movement Speed: 340 hu/s
Total damage needed to activate rage: 2500
Weapon: Tribalman's Shiv(Its weapon name is tf_weapon_sword so it has extra range and decapitates the victim on kill like in-game. It also has 50% extra melee range, 50% knockback resistance and Halloween Spell: Exorcism effect, but has 30% damage reduction against players.)

Abilities
Mobility: Teleport, Weighdown, Point Teleport(Middle Mouse button to use, costs 15% rage and has 20 sec cooldown)
Other Abilities: On melee kill, the kill icon will be replaced with Merasmus' staff kill icon.
Rage: He has AMS (Ability Management System (Basically you can choose whatever RAGE you wanna activate (Switching by pressing RELOAD)))
-Super Speed(40 rage): Gives 520 hu/s Speed Boost to himself and 400 hu/s Speed Boost to RED players for 10 seconds.
-Invincibility(0 rage): Ubers both himself and RED players for 10 seconds.(Sometimes he put some stupid effect on his wheel of fate, you know.)
-Rain of Jarate(30 rage): Covers RED players with Jarate for 15 seconds.
-Crit Boostening(50 rage): Gives Crit Boost to himself for 15 seconds, and RED players for 7 seconds.
-Hellfire(90 rage): Makes a firestorm that will set nearby RED players on fire.
-Plague of Dancing(70 rage): Forces nearby RED players to do the thriller dance twice.
Lifeloss Ability: Bonk Stuns nearby RED players for 5 seconds, while forcing himself to rise up and throw many bombs to the random direction.

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f5537334f784f362e706e67.png

Source:https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=317040

Would be a nice addition to FF2.

• Indifferent
Reactions: Aerial and Otis
The idea is neat, but a couple things stick out - such as his teleport. Since almost all bosses got a point teleport, it is uncertain whether Uber will keep the same or will ditch the 15 rage point teleport for just a cooldown one.

Second would be his magic wheel of free uber for everyone. Surely he would've learned by now to not add such a thing on the wheel? Then again this is TF2 so he could be that dumb. He did become indebted to the japanese mafia, after all.
But overall I'd say the idea is good. Would be a fitting addition to the freak roster... Probably.

As i said in the first post, changes are required.

Having many rages is cool but you can select what type of rage.. ehh.. Then that's not the wheel of fate, Wheel of fate is random.

people later on will just avoid the unnecessary rages, it would be more funky if its random, So if it's possible to make rages random then thats much better.

and giving crits to the boss isn't any better, this will just exterminate merasmus :)

The teleport is a neat idea, although whether teleport and point teleport are both necessary is debatable.
I must also agree with Aerial. One of the things Marasmus stands out for is his Wheel of Fate, which is random. I think adding the the ability to chose defeats the purpose, so maybe a randomisation version of that could be fun.

All in all, sounds fun though :)

Reactions: Aerial
I agree with the idea of making the wheel of fate random like it's supposed to be, would definitely make sense lore-wise I guess? Not sure how fun that would be, I guess the real test would begin when he's added to the server.

• Agree
Reactions: SharpTips
It seems everyone has posted here ( voted for changes) apart from Sharptips, who has reacted agree with Kruphixx so I'm assuming that's the change requested by them.

@Maddox Do you need some time to create these changes or are you ready to present the changed boss Merasmus?

It seems everyone has posted here ( voted for changes) apart from Sharptips, who has reacted agree with Kruphixx so I'm assuming that's the change requested by them.

@Maddox Do you need some time to create these changes or are you ready to present the changed boss Merasmus?
Ngl i just have the files downloaded, I can't get to make my own server to test it out.If uber doesn't want to do it then ig you can decline it.My apologies.

It appears we have no one to work on the changes for this boss so I will have to decline the suggestion for now. If someone is interested feel free to make those changes and make a new suggestion with a poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread