Pending [FF2] Nerf the Volcano Fragment (1 Viewer)

Nerf the Volcano Fragment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otis

Donator
Hello.

As it stands, this weapon's damage to health seems to give Pyro quite a bit of survivability, stalling rounds to a grinding hold when playing against it.
This in combination with being able to get healed from medics and other melee characters essentially tanking damage make it too annoying to handle. And Hale rounds unfun.

I have a couple of ways to change this: (Please reply if you think you have another solution/option)

Option 1.
Reset the Melee back to stock settings / No custom changes whatsoever

Option 2.
Disallow Medics / Dispensers to heal them whiles having the weapon equipped. (making it self-sufficient and rely mainly on med kits around the map and or its own damage to heal ratio)

Option 3.
Reduce the resistance & increase healing on hit + reduce the maximum over-heal you get from Medics.

To describe the current issue with this meta:

Heavy has a melee loadout, where he takes less damage fighting the hale and get health back on hit.
Pyro has a melee loadout where he takes less damage fighting the hale and get health back on hit.
Demo knights out-range most hales and can survive, you guessed it, multiple hits against the hale.
And you combine these factors with a looming spy being behind you 24/7, and it gets ANNOYING and impossible to fight. Making Hale rounds generally feel delayed and take longer than they are supposed to.

I thought this weapon was already nerfed
I buffed it again, because the last suggestion was about one nerf I believe, tried to keep it in the middle ground with the resistance.

Is reverting it back to how it was before the update an option?

I buffed it again, because the last suggestion was about one nerf I believe, tried to keep it in the middle ground with the resistance.
should've kept it gutted, last time it was relevant was when you could tank 3 hits altogether and heal off of every hit whilst a demoknight is more or less handicapped if he loses his shield without a medic baby sitting him to hopefully snowball.

Thinking about it now, should a poll even be necessary here considering the buff was made without a forum suggestion first? ;) Just revert it back to how it was, I didn't see anyone complaining.

Thinking about it now, should a poll even be necessary here considering the buff was made without a forum suggestion first? ;) Just revert it back to how it was, I didn't see anyone complaining.

If the change was unintentional, then reverting it back seems reasonable.
Making this thread useless.

If any person with perms would be so nice to just close this down.

Not unintentional and suggestion shouldn't be invalid or retracted. There was a nerf for Volcano Fragment suggested to reduce the heal on hit, which i did when the server was updated again. However, I also nerfed the damage reduction. Why? There were two options, heal on hit reduce or damage reduction decrease, both options were almost equal on the votes. So, I thought both nerfs are meant to happen as it wasn't explained that only ONE nerf was supposed to happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Otis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread