Pending [FF2] Hale replacement suggestion for other hale additions (1 Viewer)

Replace these hales?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autismo

Hello, this refers to the hales here on this thread https://www.panda-community.com/threads/ff2-rattleton-and-hardware.30517/ and is a continuation of https://www.panda-community.com/threads/ff2-the-mobility-menaces.30748/ | I've been told by ubermedic that the limit has been reached for more hale additions and only replacements can be done as a result because of that.

I'm making a separate thread for this since the thread mobility menaces (currently pinned) doesn't really sound like a thread about replacing hales, the discussion is currently about replacement despite the header being about a quintet lineup.
if you don't want to refer to the forum, I'll give a quick rundown of each of the three, all of the three were generally accepted (aside from 3 votes of the 13 being no for one of these hales) so here they are again since I've tweaked them slightly.
those3.png

Captain Rattleton ||| Degroot Royal ||| Hardware
Rattleton: Summons dead players as skeletons to aid him in combat ||| Degroot: Necro smashes everyone on the map multiple times ||| Hardware: Summons 1/1 fragile sticky jumping jumpers

Rattleton: Uses a rope that clings to the ceiling and any ceiling ||| Degroot: Super jumps ||| Hardware: Uses a stickybomb launcher (that deals no damage) to sticky jump

Rattleton: Melee weapon deals 155 damage per swing but has high reach ||| Degroot: Deals 206 damage per melee swing with high reach ||| Hardware: Melee deals 144 damage per hit does critical damage whilst blast jumping

Rattleton: Moves at 340 movement speed ||| Degroot: Moves at 340 movement speed ||| Hardware: Moves at 280 movement speed

Rattleton: Gets a rapid fire grenade launcher on rage ||| Degroot: Rage gives one of the four demoman primaries ||| Hardware: Rage gives a stock primary or a chance of getting a random tweaked grenade launcher

Rattleton (13 votes for yes | 0 votes for no) ||| Degroot (10 votes for yes | 1 vote for no) ||| Hardware (10 votes for yes | 3 votes for no)

so what hales am I suggesting to replace for mine?:
The easter bunny: because the hale can be used in vsh
Raptor spy: because other hales currently use the same rage (daft punk, miku's subrage), plus I never see regulars pick him very often
Sentry buster: a worse hale counterpart to Zerstorer currently on the server despite having stronger melee and rage damage, also doesn't have a gun like Zerstorer which can destroy sentries from a distance
Hatsune miku: more of the reception for the hale than anything with people being fine with her being replaced, but that might just be a few people I don't know
Human sandvich: st. heffe currently has the same style of rage on a life loss but without the stun and the matrix on life loss effort, but plenty of hales already use matrix on lifeloss (ninja spy, mlg spy, gaben, ???), you can also shred sandvich by picking heavy since the hale has a disjointed hitbox which gravitates bullets to the hitbox because of it.

replacing hales (maybe even community favourites, so I don't expect a positive end) for others that're made primarily by you sounds like a dick move, but currently the roster is full (refer to mobility menace thread) and I would like some new hales since every hale is just stun on rage, super jump or teleport, something that is as bland as that done 30+ times over with the roster.
I've also said this already but priority wise for additions if one does get replaced or more:
rattleton comes first
hardware comes second
Degroot comes lastly.

"why is degroot not 2nd despite being more accepted?": because we already have many super jumping hales, I've never seen a sticky jumping hale before or ever, so.

"what if more than 4 hales get voted for replacement?": I don't know, I'll probably make another hale for suggestion that I've been thinking about making and probably a 5th one if people decide to vote yes to all 5 of the options I've listed for some reason, probably that green robot scout I have can be turned into a very interesting hale since it uses a force a nature for mobility but besides that; The old download links from the rattleton and hardware thread still work plus have the new contents that I've added to them.

links:
Rattleton
Hardware
Degroot

do excuse the formatting on the top, I thought it would come out as it was, I'll be editing it to look correct
edit: corrected, slightly.

"what if more than 4 hales get voted for replacement?": I don't know, I'll probably make another hale for suggestion that I've been thinking about making and probably a 5th one if people decide to vote yes to all 5 of the options I've listed for some reason, probably that green robot scout I have can be turned into a very interesting hale since it uses a force a nature for mobility but besides that; The old download links from the rattleton and hardware thread still work plus have the new contents that I've added to them.

About this. For now lets just do these 3 bosses that were approved here https://www.panda-community.com/threads/ff2-rattleton-and-hardware.30517/ to replace whichever 3 here are most popular to replace with. As for the other 2, regardless if they have a 'yes', to let other members of the community suggest new bosses in a different suggestion

So from the results Easter bunny, Raptor Spy and Hatsune Miku are most popular to be replaced by the suggested bosses that were approved in an earlier thread.

I've talked with UberMedic about this and apparently there is to be a delay with Degroot (soundfile issue) and something about broken abilities. Once Uber's worked out the issues they'll be ready to replace those 3 bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread