Declined Faren's Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faren

- Your name and/or nickname

My ingame name is Faren but my real name is Richard

- Your age

I am currently 12 years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

Stubb gave me permission to apply.

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional)

STEAM_0:1:122146174

- Your general online times and your timezone

My timezone is UCT+1 and I'm usually online between 4PM. and 10PM.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I usually play and wish to apply on Jailbreak #17, I would visit a broader range of servers in case of report.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

Yes I do.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I have never been an admin before.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

No, I do not.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I spent some time on the server and wanted to try becoming an admin to help the server improve and to make the server fun for everyone.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I would always warn the players not to break the rules (except hackers), if they break them it will come with consequences that are specified below:
Breaking a rule and leaving the server to escape from punishment will double the punishment's time. Everytime a person breaks the same rule that he broke before, the punishment will be doubled.

Mic spam: 2 Warnings then mute for 30 minutes.

Spam: 2 Warnings then gag for 30 minutes.

Advertising hack: Ban for 180 minutes.

Call abuse/False call:Ask about the reason of call if player does not/give fake information they will be banned for 60 minutes.

Hacking: Record a demo, ban the player for the longest time, send the demo to my mentor.

Exploiting: Warn the player, if warning does not work ban for 120 minutes.

Failing as warden: Teamban for 120 minutes.

Teamkilling as BLU: Slaying player and giving him a warning, if warning does not work teamban for 240 minutes.

Freekilling: Respawning freekilled player, slaying freekiller after third time happening teamban for 100 minutes.

Favoring: Warning the BLU player not to do it, if warning does not work teamban for 150 minutes.

Not having a mic as BLU: Permanent teamban.

Reactions: TWC and Capp
Some notes about the punishments:
1 warning in my opinion is enough for spamming, cause if they keep going they're just not listening/ignoring you on purpose.
Also advertising hacks is normally a perm ban to just like hacking (unless that has changed)
With Call abuse you can ban them directly as that's when they call while you're in the server as admin and you have warned them not to call or they know you're in there and that you're an admin.

For the rest I'd like to say that I've seen Faren in the server and I've seen him enforce the rules from time to time.
Haven't seen any form of insulting or disrespect in his chatlog (unless I'm blind) https://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/2716098 and he has enough playtime. https://gameme.panda-community.com/playerinfo/2716098

With that I wish you allot of luck with your application Faren

• Agree
Reactions: Patmosphere
Some of your punishments seem a but too harsh or too soft in my opinion.

-A permanent gaurdban after someone's microphone not working or not using it seems a bit harsh.
You as an Admin should let the player know that he doesn't use it before taking any action.
If he doesn't react or reply give him a 2-4 hour guardban if he is new, A permanent guardban fits more for BLU players who don't have a microphone and freekills.

-Increase the spam from 30 mins to 3-6 hours. So he knows we don't welcome that kind of actions.

-If the Players knows that he is exploiting and you warned him, ban him for a day or inform your Mentor about it.

Administration asks a lot of attention and insight to handle situation so punishments can be different on each case.
--

You are a common player on Jailbreak and see you often playing and informing players about our rules.
Your playtime is great and your chat is clean.

I never really seen on the BLU team if I can recall? Just once if I'm correct?
I will stay neutral with my vote untill I've seen you playing as Warden more often which is really importand to me.
If someone knows how to play warden that usually means you know the Rules out of your head / being aware how to handle situations.

Good luck!

Some of your punishments seem a but too harsh or too soft in my opinion.

-A permanent gaurdban after someone's microphone not working or not using it seems a bit harsh.
You as an Admin should let the player know that he doesn't use it before taking any action.
If he doesn't react or reply give him a 2-4 hour guardban if he is new, A permanent guardban fits more for BLU players who don't have a microphone and freekills.

-Increase the spam from 30 mins to 3-6 hours. So he knows we don't welcome that kind of actions.

-If the Players knows that he is exploiting and you warned him, ban him for a day or inform your Mentor about it.

Administration asks a lot of attention and insight to handle situation so punishments can be different on each case.
--

You are a common player on Jailbreak and see you often playing and informing players about our rules.
Your playtime is great and your chat is clean.

I never really seen on the BLU team if I can recall? Just once if I'm correct?
I will stay neutral with my vote untill I've seen you playing as Warden more often which is really importand to me.
If someone knows how to play warden that usually means you know the Rules out of your head / being aware how to handle situations.

Good luck!
The Permanent Guardban will be lifted if the banned person shows he has a mic.

• Agree
Reactions: Flynt
@Wolf Why would it be to harsh, it's obvious that without a mic you can't be a warden and by giving a perm guardban and removing it if they show they have a mic fixes the entire problem.

His last application: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/farens-application.10443/

Compared to last time, Faren has improved a lot on some points. Since his last app Faren asked me a lot of questions regarding JB over time, wich already made me guess that he's going to apply again. His microphone is still the same but a bit better thanks to the new voice codec, he also makes sure to avoid background noises as good as he can. I also think he can handle hot situations better by now, I'm seeing him remaining calm if there are a lot of rule breakers, and altought he is pretty young compared to the other admins, I'm sure with the right mentoring it will work this time.

Have your +1.

@Wolf you're mostly not there when he's playing on BLU, that's why. :p

Last edited:
@Stubb @Zushikikato Wolfeh

Feedback wanted. If you cannot give feedback, let me know in steam.

I cannot give feedback myself about him because I haven't been online for some time. I do however have some opinions on the matter. I will post feedback when I have time/been active.

Applicant is no longer interested in becoming an admin.

Declined, you may re-apply in month, so the 22.02.17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread